Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #31
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Awesome!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #32
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Aerosmith AND Disney all in the same month??? Wow, I'm so jealous! Lucky, Lucky girl!

Is Lumar doing any gambling while he is out there? Make a little extra spending casn for Mickey?? I have only gambled once. Didn't do so hot.

Well anyhoo, your almost there!! Yaaaaaaay!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #33
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Helloooooooooooo!!!

Hope everything is all right!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #34
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Helloooooooooooo!!!

Hope everything is all right!!
Hey Nikki! Yes things are OK, it's just that Lumar came home from his business trip to Las Vegas with a little present for me...a COLD!!!! So now I'm sick as a dog and trying to guzzle down Orange Juice and medicine so that I can get better before Aerosmith on THURSDAY!!!!!! Here's hoping!!

Oh and Mike is leaving Africa today and will officially be stateside tomorrow, September 19!

PS: WE ARE IN THE TEENS!!!!!!! 17 days to go!!!! And Mike, Erika, and Lumar STILL have not bought their costumes for MNSSHP!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #35
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Tell him YOU DO NOT ACCEPT PRESENTS LIKE THAT!! But if your not better, I would be happy to go in your place. Don't worry, I'd tell you ALL about it!!

Yaaaaay!! He's coming home. I wish they all would, but I guess we have to start somewhere!!

I KNOW!! That is why I was checking your report. I kept thinking "huh, wonder why she hasn't posted" Then, "did she leave already?" Then, "nope, she still has 17 days left"!! Then "huh, maybe she won the lottery and has left to go buy Disney" Then "If she did buy Disney, I will be hearing from her really soon, cause I'm sure she would give me an all expense paid trip cause I'm her biggest trip report fan"

I have a super imagination!!

Glad your alright! Minus the cold.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #36
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Tell him YOU DO NOT ACCEPT PRESENTS LIKE THAT!! But if your not better, I would be happy to go in your place. Don't worry, I'd tell you ALL about it!!

Yaaaaay!! He's coming home. I wish they all would, but I guess we have to start somewhere!!

I KNOW!! That is why I was checking your report. I kept thinking "huh, wonder why she hasn't posted" Then, "did she leave already?" Then, "nope, she still has 17 days left"!! Then "huh, maybe she won the lottery and has left to go buy Disney" Then "If she did buy Disney, I will be hearing from her really soon, cause I'm sure she would give me an all expense paid trip cause I'm her biggest trip report fan"

I have a super imagination!!

Glad your alright! Minus the cold.
I tried to tell him but he insisted. now it sucks to be me lol

and yes your imagination is super! If I won the lotto I wouldn't buy WDW, but I would spend all of my winnings there lol!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #37
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Pre-Trip Part 10 Added 9/20/07

Howdy Everyone! It is time for an official UPDATE as we are officially 15 days away from our fantabulous trip to WDW!

First, just want to say thanks to everyone who stuck with me during my absence! I am still feeling the effects of the "souvenir" that Lumar brought home for me from Las Vegas (aka a raging headcold with flu-like symptoms) but certainly feeling well enough to head to the AEROSMITH CONCERT tonight!!!!!! I'm skipping out of work at 5pm instead of 7 so we can (hopefully) make it to the Mohegan Sun Arena before the show starts at 7:30pm. Did I mention that the opening act is Joan Jett? How cool is that?

In other news, Mike called last night at 10pm and told us that he is officially stateside! He has his "debriefing" today and he arrives at his home base tomorrow, then he has 96 hours (4 days) of leave which he gets to spend being dragged in 100 different directions so that everyone can spend time with him. Even though, after an 18 hour flight halfway around the world (literally) all he is going to want to do it sleep, I'm sure. But we have been renovating the house the past few months, we have new siding, new windows,a new front porch, new gutters, and a new basement (which is where Mike sleeps) so he will probably not even recognize it. After his 4 days of leave, he does have to go back to his base to "work" because technically he is active duty until 12-14-07, but he is coming home on Friday the 4th so we can leave for vacation!!!

I spoke to Erika on Tuesday and she was buying costume stuff and asking me questions about my costume for MNSSHP, so I am assuming that she has FINALLY bought her costume although I will be confirming that with her later today or tomorow. Lumar changed his mind about the "nerd" thing and decided to go as a "greaser." So Erika bought him and Mike those combs that look like switch blades, and the wigs. We'll be going out next weekend probably to pick up the rest of the outfits!

I posted on the Fairy Godmailer board today to take requests for postcards, but if any of my faithful readers would like postcards too, just PM me and put Trip Report in the subject line so I don't decline your request

BTW, did I mention there are only
15 days left!?!?!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #38
DinDin233
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report! It must be so exciting that you're leaving so soon!! I'm not going until December So I will be waiting anxiously for you to return to start your trip report...

By the way, how did you put the link to your pre-trippie in your sign?

TIA!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #39
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

You have a great time tonight!

Yaay! 15 days. !!!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #40
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Yay! 15 days!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 09-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #41
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinDin233 View Post
I love your trip report! It must be so exciting that you're leaving so soon!! I'm not going until December So I will be waiting anxiously for you to return to start your trip report...

By the way, how did you put the link to your pre-trippie in your sign?

TIA!!!
Don't worry! December is not that far away and WDW is BEAUTIFUL at that time of year! It will be worth the wait!

to put the link to your TR in your siggy, you have to first go into you TR, copy the url from the address bar and then go to you CP, and click edit Signature. Type whatever you want the link to say (like the name of you TR or whatever) into your siggy, then highlight it and click the little icon that is the earth with a little paperclip looking thing under it. Paste the url into that window and click OK! Now your done! Hope that helps!! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY
You have a great time tonight!
thanks! I had a blast the first time I saw them and it was outdoors and kinda rainy so this is already going to better since I will have an actual seat and no weather issues to contend with! I was thinking about trying to sneak in my super-dee-duper camera....we'll see if I can squish it into my purse.... Maybe I'll have cool Aerosmith pics for you guys tomorrow!

Last edited by Simba22; 09-20-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #42
DinDin233
Mouseketeer

Thank You!!!

Thanks so much for your help!!! Look it worked!!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #43
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinDin233 View Post
Thanks so much for your help!!! Look it worked!!
It looks great! Glad I could help! I'll jump over during the day today and start reading!

For all of you dying to know....Aerosmith was incredibly awesome last night! And I was totally blown away by Joan Jett! She's amazing! Let me tell you, all of them rock pretty hard for being in their 50's and 60's! If you get a chance to go see this show, GO!!!! You will NOT be disappointed, it was SOOOO worth the money!

As we speak, Mike is on his way home - if I can, I'll try and take some video of his "homecoming" with my new camcorder and post it up here for you guys to see! Since I'm working until 7pm though, I don't know if I'll be able to...I'll try really hard though!

14 days!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #44
Simba22
DIS Veteran

OK guys, Mike is home and no there is no video because I was working when he got here and couldn't leave to go tape it but, he has once again caused me to hit the PANIC button.... He said to me that when he gets back to Base on Wednesday, meaning 9/26, he will put in his vacation request and hope they approve it. Yeah....he hasn't even REQUESTED our vacation week off yet!! He said that they wouldn't let him make any time off requests until they came back from Africa.... I think I'm going to CRY!!!!!

Last edited by Simba22; 09-22-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 PM   #45
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

It'll be alright!!

They gotta let him have it right? How long has he been gone? Don't worry, it'll come together.

But you can give him a little punch in the arm for not tellling you that VERY IMPORTANT bit of information.

Go ahead~~it might make you feel a touch better!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: