Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 PM   #106
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

It's so nice to see that the Princess Bride has inspired another generation!
Yay!

As
you
wish!

That crab was tiny. And that bakery sounds yummy!
Old 08-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #107
50 years Too!
DIS Veteran

I get so excited when I pick up hints from trip reports.
We are going to Vero soon and I will definitely go to Farrara Bakery!
I'm from Oregon, so not a lot of Italian anything here.
I loved going to Boston and visiting the bakeries where they tied the box with strings. (Isn't it funny how the little things make us most excited).
I hope they have cannoli, because I love, love, love them.

I'm also really enjoying your trip report!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #108
lgcountry
Mouseketeer

Hi Emma,
I did read your other trippie, and just loved it. Your bright, shining personality really shines through!

I love the pics at Vero Beach, and we will definitely have to go there. I will also check out the Italian bakery. I love them!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #109
BeautyluvsBeast
Earning My Ears

Great trip report!!!!! That is really a beautiful sunrise. Mmmmmmm, those desserts sounds yummy.

I would like to know what "the product" is that you use for your hair. I have several products that I use, but I always need more. I do love my flat iron. Of course being near Dallas with tropical storm Erin and hurricane Dean coming my hair doesn't have a chance.

Can't wait to hear about your first day at Disney!!!!

Sept. '96 - BC
June '98 - BC
July '04 - BC
July '05 - BC
Oct. '06 - BC
Oct. '07 - BC
Nov. '08 - BC

Yes we love the Beach Club
Old 08-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #110
disney0704
Earning My Ears

OMG VERNORS.
my dads obsessed with them [he's from the midwest] they dont sell up here in New England, that's so funny i thought he was the ONLY one in the world who liked them!

Loving your TR and subscribing!

<33 HALEYYY
forget regret ;; or life is yours to miss

MY FIRST EVER TRIP TO DISNEY 7/8/07!! TRIP REPORT W/ PICS!!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #111
luvmyboys
WoW Widow
Us non-confrontational people aren't very skilled at laying down the law!
I shed worse than an English sheepdog!
I got one leg stuck in the holey knee

Fan-tab-ulous installlment Emma!

1. I Vernor's gingerale! It's the best.
2. Your pics are terrific-- especially the beach ones! (and yes, I found the crab b/f your help! )
3. I may have to try out Vero Beach if for nothing else than for the Italian bakery! Sounds delish!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #112
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Yummmmm, I love bakeries! Sounds very good! Great update!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 08-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #113
Princess.Rachel
Mouseketeer

I can wait to hear more!!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #114
crgfsu1
DIS Veteran

Loving your report - glad you are now on your way to WDW!!!

I found the crab without your circle Now, how your brother found it in the sand - who knows??

What product do you use in your hair to control frizz? I might need to know when I get to Florida.

Cathy

No Wishes, Just A Dream
CBR 10/3 - 10/10/2007 & MNSSHP

Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #115
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Just found your new TR!

Ready for more!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #116
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

WDW Poly Princess and Lifelong_dreamer...yup! It's the Princess Bride! I love that story! I'm not much of a fight-scene kinda girl usually, but that sword fight between Inigo and Wesley...it's almost too clever to be called a word with such brutish associations as the word "fight." It's more like...a clash of wit and steel...

VanniGirl...Thanks!

KathyRN137...
Quote:
You are going to Disney, you have to keep up your strength somehow!!
Very true! And what's more fortifying than sugary desserts?

Marion...Welcome! It's good to hear you're here!

mariacj...
Quote:
I was however pleasantly surprised at the forest (lots of trees and bushes) behinf the house. It felt as if we were in Sleeping Beauty. I started humming Once a Upon a Dream, DF joined and well... !
Awww! That's too sweet! I think you get the award for sweet side stories!

TinkerChelle...Hooray for Disney Snobs! Welcome!

myrsfmly...Thanks!

celerystalker and 5o years Too!...The bakery was really delicious! And I DO recall seeing cannolis!

lgcountry...aww thanks! My mom loves bakeries too. On the way back, she was telling me how she went to some party at an old friend of my grandma's house in New York, and all the old ladies had brought different desserts from their favorite Italian bakeries and they were debating which was best (the ladies were debating, not the desserts)! The desserts were incredible, apparently.

BeautyluvsBeast...glad you're enjoying it! Stay tuned for the secret hair-straightening potions!

disney0704 and luvmyboys...Yay Vernors! I hope they have it in the dining hall at my college.

LISAMWDW, Princess.Rachel, SwansLoveDisney, and crgfsu...More is coming up soon!

But first...the Disney way to straight hair!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #117
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Sarah's Secret Potions

Since several people (OK...2...) asked about the potions I used to straighten my hair, I thought it might be fun to do a little time travel and tell you about it.

See, I learned how to straighten my hair at Disney World. It was the fall break of my freshman year of high school, and my mom had made a surprise visit to the salon at Coronado Springs (for the life of me I can't remember the name of it...but this is the DIS, I'm sure somebody else can...). Anyway, I had never straightened my hair before then. In fact, I had a pretty hard time with my hair, since I didn't have a really good way of curling it into nice, tame curls either (now I use the method of doing lots of little braids all over my head...that works really well).

But back to the straight. We went in and a really nice lady named Sarah was my "stylist." And my mom took notes on what she did. What did she do?

1. Make sure your hair is totally dry. TOTALLY dry. Straight hair's worst enemy is moisture.

2. It's easier if you separate your hair into sections and do each section separately. I separate mine into three sections: left, right, and back. The back, as you may imagine, looks worst.

3. Mix your first two potions: BioSilk Silk Therapy (or cure soyeuse as the bottle says in French...it comes in a cream-colored bottle) and StraightSexyHair Power Straight Straightening Balm (this comes in a silver and red tube). Just put a little of each into the palm of your hand and smush them together. Then apply to the section of hair you're working on.

**Side note...I have to admit, Sarah added ANOTHER potion to the mix...Redken 5th Ave NYC Thermal Setting Mist: Maximum Control. I have found that it works just as well without it (no offense Sarah!).

4. Get out your flat iron. Sarah used a Chi Turbo. Also get out the flat iron spray: HealthySexyHair Flat Iron Spray. Taking small sections of hair, spray it, then slowly flat iron it. Pin it up on the top of your hair and continue

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you've finished all the sections of your head.

It took Sarah an hour (because I had and still have pretty long hair!), but this worked brilliantly for my hair, and it stayed flat ALL vacation (if you'll believe that!) For Christmas that year, there was one big giant box under my part of the tree. It had the flat iron and the different potions. I was so excited!

I've sometimes altered Sarah's recipe over the years (to economize), but the only thing you can really lose without losing flatness is the thermal setting mist mentioned after step 3. I have substituted different flat iron sprays in step 4. I actually found that Flatliner Osis+ by Schwarzkopf Professional works better on my hair. I think there have been a few times, when my mom straightened my hair for me, that the flatness rivaled that which Sarah produced, but only a few times.

On this (July 2007) vacation, I only brought along the flat iron spray, and I think that's why I was so unable to reflatten it! I should've brought the biosilk too, but I didn't want my dad to complain about "Why is your bag always so FULL?"

So there you have it. The DISNEY way to straight hair, according to Sarah at Coronado Springs. It's worked very well for me, so I would certainly recommend it!

Best wishes for flat hair!
Emma

P.S. Real update tomorrow morning!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #118
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Do you put anything in the hair between when its wet and dry enough to straighten it?
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #119
luvmyboys
WoW Widow
Us non-confrontational people aren't very skilled at laying down the law!
I shed worse than an English sheepdog!
I got one leg stuck in the holey knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Since several people (OK...2...) asked about the potions I used to straighten my hair, I thought it might be fun to do a little time travel and tell you about it.

See, I learned how to straighten my hair at Disney World. It was the fall break of my freshman year of high school, and my mom had made a surprise visit to the salon at Coronado Springs (for the life of me I can't remember the name of it...but this is the DIS, I'm sure somebody else can...). Anyway, I had never straightened my hair before then. In fact, I had a pretty hard time with my hair, since I didn't have a really good way of curling it into nice, tame curls either (now I use the method of doing lots of little braids all over my head...that works really well).

But back to the straight. We went in and a really nice lady named Sarah was my "stylist." And my mom took notes on what she did. What did she do?

1. Make sure your hair is totally dry. TOTALLY dry. Straight hair's worst enemy is moisture.

2. It's easier if you separate your hair into sections and do each section separately. I separate mine into three sections: left, right, and back. The back, as you may imagine, looks worst.

3. Mix your first two potions: BioSilk Silk Therapy (or cure soyeuse as the bottle says in French...it comes in a cream-colored bottle) and StraightSexyHair Power Straight Straightening Balm (this comes in a silver and red tube). Just put a little of each into the palm of your hand and smush them together. Then apply to the section of hair you're working on.

**Side note...I have to admit, Sarah added ANOTHER potion to the mix...Redken 5th Ave NYC Thermal Setting Mist: Maximum Control. I have found that it works just as well without it (no offense Sarah!).

4. Get out your flat iron. Sarah used a Chi Turbo. Also get out the flat iron spray: HealthySexyHair Flat Iron Spray. Taking small sections of hair, spray it, then slowly flat iron it. Pin it up on the top of your hair and continue

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you've finished all the sections of your head.

It took Sarah an hour (because I had and still have pretty long hair!), but this worked brilliantly for my hair, and it stayed flat ALL vacation (if you'll believe that!) For Christmas that year, there was one big giant box under my part of the tree. It had the flat iron and the different potions. I was so excited!

I've sometimes altered Sarah's recipe over the years (to economize), but the only thing you can really lose without losing flatness is the thermal setting mist mentioned after step 3. I have substituted different flat iron sprays in step 4. I actually found that Flatliner Osis+ by Schwarzkopf Professional works better on my hair. I think there have been a few times, when my mom straightened my hair for me, that the flatness rivaled that which Sarah produced, but only a few times.

On this (July 2007) vacation, I only brought along the flat iron spray, and I think that's why I was so unable to reflatten it! I should've brought the biosilk too, but I didn't want my dad to complain about "Why is your bag always so FULL?"

So there you have it. The DISNEY way to straight hair, according to Sarah at Coronado Springs. It's worked very well for me, so I would certainly recommend it!

Best wishes for flat hair!
Emma

P.S. Real update tomorrow morning!
In all seriousness, this may be the most useful information I've gathered here on the DIS. I am going out ASAP in the morning for all of the aforementioned products.

If successful, Emma may very well end up being my sole heir! (sorry boys that I luv!)

Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #120
Illuminations_Rocks
The tan towels from HSN are also like crack

finally joining the party!
Oct 1991 offsite Easter 1999 ASMu Aug 2006 POFQ Jan 2007 OKW Sept 2008 BC Disneymoon! Aug 2009 BWV Jan 2011 OKW Nov 2011 SSR/OKW Dec 2012 BCV April 2013 offsite Sept 2013 BWV for our 5 year anniversary!
DLR - several day trips in 2007, overnights Aug 23-25 '07 at DLH (got engaged!), Nov 15-17 '07 at HoJo's ... BLT owners!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: