Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #61
YayDisney!
I See Hidden Mickey's

Hi Emma!

My daughter (also Emma) and I LOVED your last report and we're so excited you're back!! My Emma also has AG Elizabeth and now she wants to take her to Disney World so that she can have the adventures that your dolls have.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!!

July 1978: childhood day trip with family; 1989: BGSU Spring Break - MK & Epcot day trips; November 2002: Old Key West; September 2004: All Star Movies; September/October 2005: POP Century; September/October 2006: POP Century; December 2007: Port Orleans Riverside; June 2008: Orlando World Center Marriott & Windsor Hills (Story Time); November 2008: POP Century; January 2009: Caribbean Beach Resort; May/June 2009: POP Century & Omni Resort; September/October 2009: Port Orleans Riverside; November 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort; June 2011: Wyndham Bonnet Creek; August 2011: Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Old 08-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #62
mikep_97
Mike-ey Mouse

Write on! Thanks for the good writing and the AG pictures!
AKL/BWV--September 2006 Free Dining 20th Anniversary
AS Sport--September 2007 Free Dining

BWV -- December 2009

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #63
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Wonderful start Emma. Enjoy your dorm shopping! Target has tons of cool stuff...so does Bed Bath & Beyond.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #64
crgfsu1
DIS Veteran

Yea!! Emma is back! So glad everything worked out - I do so enjoy reading your reports.

I am traveling (10 hours) in 50 days to go to WDW - with my DD (a 2 year old)...I hope it is as enjoyable as your trips are. This will be her first long trip. I too have our DVD player on standby

I do love the matching hair styles

Have a great day!
Cathy

No Wishes, Just A Dream
CBR 10/3 - 10/10/2007 & MNSSHP

Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #65
TheLastPrincess
It's OK. I'm obsessed too.

YEAH!!!!! ANOTHER DISNEY SNOB!!!!

That's so funny....that's my nickname. "The Disney Snob."

I once got into a "friendly fight" with a friend of mine who claimed Universal is "better" than Disney.

His response?

"You're just a Disney Snob."

And it's true!!! From one Snob to another, great trip report! You're a great writer! (sigh) So much to learn!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #66
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for another update!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 08-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #67
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Yay! I've finished "Confessions..." and now I am anxiously awaiting stories from your most recent trip. (And yes, I really should be working, but I prefer reading trip reports!)
Old 08-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #68
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
"......
PS: Jessica returned home from the doll hospital yesterday! She's feeling much better and looking ultra-fabulous!!
Glad to read all is well!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #69
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

So glad you are back Emma. I loved your last trip report and can't wait to read more of this one. I love the pictures of your dolls enjoying the parks right along with you.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #70
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Emma-

Where your nails painted white? I thought I say in one of the pic's the always painted white nails... Just checkin. I love what you did with everyones hair!

I am really excited to see and read about Vero! I would love to add this on to one of our trips in the future. I think my kids would LOVE the ocean beach!

Can't wait for more and I hope you had a blast buying stuff for your dorm. It seems like just yesterday I was collecting and collecting my college dorm stuff! Time goes by...enjoy this time in your life!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #71
mariacj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
You get to listen to all the Disney music on your ipod, just to make ABsolutely sure that you’ve got all the lyrics memorized so that you can belt anything out on cue.

Elizabeth, Felicity, and Me: Hair Shot. I tried to get Felicity & Elizabeth’s hair to match mine in that half-hour in between the time the car is packed and you actually set out. If you don’t look to closely I’d say our hairstyles look vaguely similar…

Dart and I watched the movie Cars on the DVD player. Dart is so funny...he knows us way too well. When we would get to the scary parts in the movie (like when Lightning is smashing all over Radiator Springs or Mr. The King crashes head over tail), Dart would say: "It's alright...they'll be okay" because that's what we'd say to him when he first watched it!

Dart likes the racing scenes best. In fact, he likes the race CARS best. I packed his bag for the trip, and I made the mistake of just bringing his little Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen and Sally. I thought: two main characters, can't go wrong.
I love your dolls hair-do!! The ipod comment reminds me of my sister. She loves to sing out loud. What she does not realize is that the Disney song she is singing at the top of her lungs can be heard three carss away. Most entertaining to see their reactions.

Your brother is so cute! My brother when he was younger had a "magic" which was a toothhbrush that he would wave around and pretend to do magic. What was bad was he used our toothbrushed... . We tried to upgrade him to a pen with no ink (we removed the ink thingy), but he would get so sad and would say... It is not the same thing. I has no magic. Eventually we bought him his own package of toothbrushes so he would not use ours. He was way young.

I am enjoying your TP. I can't wait for the next one!

Upcoming Pre-Graduation Trip Aug 2011

Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 AM   #72
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Great update Emma! Can't wait to hear about Vero Beach.

My brothers also occupied themselves with Pokemon on the trip down to Disney. I on the other hand listened to Disney music on my ipod and read through my Unofficial Guide for about the millionth time.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:05 AM   #73
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Yay! Emma's back!

Well, not "Emma's back" as in the rearward portion of her upper anatomy... although that part's good too, cuz that means we get to see more of Emma's pictures! And I LOVE Emma's pictures, she and the dolls do the most wonderful things!
But I really mean is HOORAY for another Snobbish Trip Report!! This calls for bananas!
Can't wait for your next update!

PS: I use CAPITALS for EMPHasiS TOo!!

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #74
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

mtmommy, mla1977...Thanks for reading! Vero was very fun...I'll have the update up in a minute!

VanniGirl...Thanks! The updos weren't very practical, considering the long car trip, but they were kinda fun to do!

KathyRN137...reading trip reports IS a very suitably Disney thing to do...I love all the trip reports on these boards! Glad Jessica is returned to her ultra-fabulous state!

YayDisney!...First off, I love your DISname! Second off, Power to the Emmas! (and their Elizabeth dolls!)

mikep 97...Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

ChrisLei...My mom and I did go to Target yesterday, and we got a RAINBOW assortment of towels...all at a great price! We have one of those "20% off one item" coupons from Bed, Bath n Beyond, so we'll be headed there soon!

crgfsu1...We drove to Disney with Dart when he was two, and I think that's how I memorize the theme songs to "Bob the Builder" and "Jojo's Circus"! your way for a great trip and a fun drive!

TheLastPrincess...Disney Snobs Unite!

LISAMWDW, AngelRose...Update is coming your way very soon!

princessjv...yup! The nails were white! You can kinda see it in the pic of me holding the Vernors can...I think I have another pic later of my foot on the beach...so you can see white toenails as well

mariacj...awww...your brother's "toothbrush-magic-wand" sounds so cute. Dart usually prefers to pretend things are lightsabers rather than magic wands! lol!

Lifelong_Dreamer...It sounds like our trips down to Disney are pretty similar! lol...I can't read in the car, though (I really wish I could, b/c I love to read!)...it makes me sick!

Sorsha...Hooray for bananas! (especially the dancing variety)
Old 08-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #75
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Day ii: Pre-Disney Disney at Vero Beach!

Day ii: Pre-Disney Disney at Vero Beach!

It has long been one of my mother’s dreams to stay at Vero Beach. We’re not members of the Disney Vacation Club or anything…she just wanted to see what it was like. But it was all too expensive. Until Aramis came along and got a Disney job. As soon as Mom saw that discount, we all knew we were finally going to visit Vero Beach.

So we drive & drive, finally get there, and check in. Rather, Mom checks in and we stay in the car. Sweltering. In the car. Gotta love that Florida combo: heat and humidity!

Mom comes out, we go to park. At Vero, they actually have mini parking garages UNDER the buildings because they know it’s going to be so hot and there isn’t a lot of shade. Very Disney-like. Unfortunatley, I didn’t put the word “mini” in there for nothing, and there was no room for our car…so we parked outside under a palm tree.

Oh well. We lug everything upstairs and are completely enchanted by the room! It’s a really funky shape., with lots of nooks and corners. All the colors are so bright and cheery. The different walls are painted two different colors…light blue and light peach.

Look who was waiting for us on the bed!

Felicity and Elizabeth immediately made friends with him.

You can sorta get an idea of all the corners from this picture…

Out on the balcony.

Palm trees! These were on the inside courtyard all the rooms were built around.

The path to the beach! Look at that sky! It was soo amazing walking up this path…you’re all hot and humid and then this beautiful, refreshing sea breeze hits you and you can hear the waves crashing.

The main building! Inside those windows was a restaurant and then farther up you could enter the lobby.

First, everybody wanted to hit the beach. We got changed into our swimsuits and went down. The beach is really very close. You go down the path like this…

Then you walk along it past the pool until you get to the boardwalk that has the beach access. It’s classic Disney planning. You can’t actually SEE the beach at first. Those bushes and ferns block it from view. But you can see the unimpeded sky and you can hear it because of the waves and you can feel it because of the breeze. You need a roomkey to get both onto and off of the beach…which means you can never forget your roomkey!

We went pretty late in the day…it was probably around 3 by the time we were on the beach. There were beach chairs and umbrellas, many of them empty, everywhere, so we grabbed two and headed out. We didn’t learn until later that people had had to rent the chairs ($20 a day) and umbrellas ($10 a day) in the morning!

The sand was very rough -- lots of broken shells. Dad didn’t want us going very far out (as in, far enough out to ride a wave, like at Typhoon Lagoon), and I didn’t want to sacrifice my straight hair yet anyway, so I didn't go very far in at all. Instead, I raced the waves with Dart. He was so hilarious. He’ll RUN as fast as he can after a wave as it’s going back into the sea, as if he’s trying to catch it, but as soon as he sees the next one crashing in, he RACES back up to dry ground so IT won’t catch HIM!

Athos and I had fun trying to find good shells before the tide took them back in again. (I’m not at all nautical, so if I’m using the wrong terms in talking about waves and tides, which I probably am, I apologize!). We found a few nice ones and got pretty wet and sandy in the process!

Pretty soon everybody was tired out, so as soon as I could, I grabbed the girls and took them around for a tour.

Lookin’ stylin’ in their swimsuits…

On the way to the beach!

Stopped to admire a hidden mickey….

Oooo…check out the pool!

Relaxing in a lounge chair…See that thing taped off behind them? It’s actually a sea turtle nest.

Athos and I got up really early the next morning and got to go out on the beach & talk to the conservationalists about the turtles. Unfortunatley none had hatched recently, though they had had a mother turtle come up the night before looking for a place to build a nest, but she gave up. The conservationists were from the Animal Kingdom! Apparently they take turns coming out to Vero for two weeks at a time. We got to see the spot were a turtle hatching HAD happened a few days ago. It was pretty cool. (As you can tell, the conservationists were good conversationalists!)

Just kicking back…

Playing on the beach…

“Ummm…Emma…you’re sure these waves aren’t getting a little TOO close??”

“OOOoooooOOO…look! A boat!”

“PLEASE! Can we ride it?” (actually, I was really tempted to put them in it for a picture, but I resisted)

Looking back up at the main building…you can get an idea of just how close it is to the beach… Let’s go take a look, shall we?

(continued next post...too many pics!)

Last edited by AGPrincess; 08-12-2008 at 10:34 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: