Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #46
SnoopyDancer
Mouseketeer

It looks like the thread is fixed!

Last edited by SnoopyDancer; 08-13-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 PM   #47
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

I'm so glad to be back! Hugs to everybody for posting!

Avivasmom...you were there the same time as us? You'll have to look for yourself in some of my "crowd" shots! Gosh, it was crowded when it wasn't pouring rain! I hope you didn't get caught in any rain like us...Athos and I got soaked to the skin at one point!

cathy0124, Lifelong_dreamer, Nicole786, disneyeeyorefan, Sleeping*Beauty, travelgirl06 VanniGirl...Welcome, welcome!

KathyRN137...aww...poor Jessica...I had to send Felicity to the doll hospital once...I picked her up from my bed, brought her downstairs, and discovered she was missing an arm! to Jessica & Tricia!

the_princess...Thank you and welcome! BTW, can I second SnoopyDancer and say your English is excellent! I wish I could speak the French I spent 5 years on in high school as well! I actually tried it once this trip and...let's just say it wasn't very pretty!

abbybeth, disneydance, SnoopyDancer, Lan...Welcome aboard!

jcc0621...You've probably already left for the world by now, so pixie dust your way! Hope you have a fabulous time!

luvmyboys, BriarRosie, and Tinkercat...welcome aboard!

mariacj...We ordered the flip flop crocs online from crocs.com...we did take a look in stores first but couldn't find any! I think I actually DID see them in Macy's last week (though they weren't there when we ordered them...of course!)

I'd say just stepping into the Magic Kingdom is an excuse to dress up, so I think it's perfectly fine to wear a nice summery dress to casual lunches! Especially at table services, you'll often see people dressed more nicely. And it's really all about what you're comfortable in and what you can get around the parks in! I love to wear skirts, but they don't have pockets, which means you will have to take the purse and take that through bag check! (but then having a nice swishy skirt to curtsy to the princesses in is worth the extra line!)

ChrisLei, 4boysrus, elena05, Dreaming~of~Disney, Anna's Mommeee, BobNoxious, LISAMWDW, princessjv, and VanniGirl...Thank you ALL so much for checking in!

I'm sorting out my photos from Vero Beach and I'll have an update up soon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #48
disneyeeyorefan
Mouseketeer

So glad you are back
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #49
CruisinEars
Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

Hi Emma! I missed the earlier drama (thank goodness, I don't handle drama well) and I am so glad the issues got resolved and you are back. I have been waiting for your new tr since I finished the last one. Keep writing. I can't wait to hear more about the college program.

Number of Trips:
WDW=7
DL=7
DCL=1
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #50
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

I'm glad your back! As I posted earlier, I really enjoyed your previous trip report and can't wait to read this one.

Last edited by teruterubouzu; 08-13-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-13-2007, 11:13 PM   #51
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

I'm glad that you are back! I was worried when I saw pages and pages of replies, and you hadn't posted since your first post. I'm glad that everything was cleared up, and I'm looking forward to your TR!
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Old 08-14-2007, 12:10 AM   #52
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma,

I am glad to see that you have decided to continue with this thread. I loved your last report and can't wait to start reading about this latest trip!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #53
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

Yay! Can't wait for another one!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #54
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

YAY

I am so glad you are back - now on with the report

Old 08-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #55
ITmickey
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma,
Just discovered your TR today. You had an amazing start. I just wanted to show support for you and anxiously waiting for more

Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #56
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Day i: Anticipation!

I should warn you now. I’m not excessively good with dates, so in trip reports, I usually just go with Day 1, Day 2, etc. Isn’t that funny how you can go through vacation and it doesn’t really matter what day or date it is? Saturday becomes MagicKingdomday. Tuesday is suddenly GettoMGMatOpeningAndI’mGoingToRideRockN’RollerUnti lI’mSickOrTheLineGetsTooLongDay. It’s not the 31st of July or the 3rd of August. It’s the 2nd time you watch Wishes, or the 1st time you ever tried the Biergarten.

But since we’re driving, I’m not going to dive into Day 1 and Day 2 yet…instead we’ll use days i and ii. It’s too bad there weren’t weren't more driving days...doesn't "day xxxvii" just look really cool?

Day i: Anticipation!

My family almost always drives to Disney World . We do it partly because it’s more cost-effective, partly because we can bring more stuff that way , partly because driving can be fun if you throw in some fun stops and get rid of any looming exams. And. I think that driving prolongs the anticipation.

Everyone knows that getting there is half the fun. When you’re driving, you get to look forward to your arrival more. You get to listen to all the Disney music on your ipod, just to make ABsolutely sure that you’ve got all the lyrics memorized so that you can belt anything out on cue. You get to calculate your exact chances of winning a dream you can keep (b/c of Aramis we can’t win any of the “big” dreams). And best of all you get to think “We’re on our way to DISNEY WORLD!” as often as you like and do a little happy dance (as best you can manage sitting down in a moving car).

And you get to enjoy complimentary breakfast and free internet access at the hotels along the way. And it makes you realize how truly strange it is that a Holiday Inn will let you log online for free while the Grand Floridian, at a price tag about four times more than it’s lowly cousin, will charge you $10 a day for it.

I did take a few pictures in (and out of) the car to show you…

Elizabeth, Felicity, and Me: Hair Shot. I tried to get Felicity & Elizabeth’s hair to match mine in that half-hour in between the time the car is packed and you actually set out. If you don’t look to closely I’d say our hairstyles look vaguely similar…

This is the hula case I carry my trusty camera, the Elph, in.

My brand spankin’ new never-been-written-in-before Disney Diary! There’s something about blank notebooks that just thrills me…

Vernors…Only the best ginger ale ever to be produced on this earth…We brought some from home so we wouldn’t have to buy less-tasty and more-expensive ginger ale along the way.

Ahh…the open road…

Dart and I watched the movie Cars on the DVD player. Dart is so funny...he knows us way too well. When we would get to the scary parts in the movie (like when Lightning is smashing all over Radiator Springs or Mr. The King crashes head over tail), Dart would say: "It's alright...they'll be okay" because that's what we'd say to him when he first watched it!

Dart likes the racing scenes best. In fact, he likes the race CARS best. I packed his bag for the trip, and I made the mistake of just bringing his little Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen and Sally. I thought: two main characters, can't go wrong.

Not so.

RS McQueen is, apparently, not technically a race car (or at least, Dart would have preferred the original, Rusteeze McQueen), and Sally is obviously not a race car at all. Dart had to recourse to his hotwheels cars (which ARE race cars) to play with the RS McQueen and poor Sally was left neglected in the bag. Four-year-olds can be SO picky...

Meanwhile, Athos was getting really excited in the backseat about his new Ratatouille game (a movie which we now HAVE to see...) In this game, you play as a rat to find recipes. The recipes are actually real things you can make in a real kitchen. And Athos was even offering to make the recipes for dinner. You know that's something Mom's going to hold him to.

Porthos was, alas, not immersing himself in some form of Disney entertainment in anticipation of our arrival. He stuck with pokemon, since they don't have a video game for Bolo.

I was doing something suitably Disney (of course ) in watching Cars with Dart and doing some last minute touch-ups on the Princess dollgowns. (DOLLgown...get it? Isn't that funny? Or at least clever? ooo...I'm as bad as Jungle Cruise skipper...)

So we drove & drove, stayed at some Hampton Inn, not very exciting.

The NEXT day was the exciting one and I’m reeeeally sorry to have to cut you guys off here, but the photos from Vero are refusing to upload, and plus Mom & I still have some dorm shopping left today. I will get day ii up tonight or tomorrow morning..I promise!

Next Update: p.5 post 75 AND p.6 post 76, Pre-Disney Disney at Vero Beach!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 10-30-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #57
mt mommy
Mouseketeer

sounds like fun!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #58
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Hi Emma!

I'm busy reading you other TR. You are so entertaining. I'll jump over to this one as soon as I finish the other one.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #59
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO

You are really back - great update - can't wait for the rest!

BTW - Love, Love the matching updo's!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #60
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Emma,

"...doing something suitably Disney..."

Kind of like reading great trip reports before your own trip! Yours always get me in the right mood!

Kathy

PS: Jessica returned home from the doll hospital yesterday! She's feeling much better and looking ultra-fabulous!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: