Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #31
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

This TR rocks, cant wait to hear from you!!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #32
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hey Emma,

I have just finished reading your first trip report which was excellent and I along with all these other great people can not wait to hear about what this next trip had in store for our favourite Disney snob Hoping for an update soon!

Oh and if I ever stay Animal Kingdom concierge I will be joining your Jane Austen book club. She is my favourite author.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #33
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Woohoo! Your Back Emma! Can't wait to read this trip report! Princess ArieL can't wait to see pics of your American Girls! (I admit I can't wait either!)

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #34
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

I'm in!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #35
elena05
Earning My Ears

I have been waiting for this TR to start since I finished the last one! You are such an eloquent and articulate writer, I am more than happy to travel vicariously with you and your AG dolls! I myself am a self proclaimed Disney Snob and I love it! I can not wait to hear all about your latest travels
Old 08-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #36
Dreaming~of~Disney
Mouseketeer

I loved your last TR and can't wait to read this one. I agree with everyone else, you are an incredibly talented writer!
Too many trips to count before I got married, Disney Honeymoon 1996 and many more trips before kids
Cruise on the Disney Magic Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2002 with our son
Our first family vacation to WDW Sept. 1-7, 2007 All Star Music
Our second family vacation to WDW Sept. 18-26, 2009 Pop Century
Our third family vacation to WDW Aug. 18-21, 2012 Art of Animation~Lion King Courtyard
Our fourth family vacation to WDW Aug. 12-17, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside~Royal Guest Room
Our fifth family vacation to WDW Dec. 20-26, 2013 Pop Century Merry Christmas!!!
Our sixth family vacation to WDW Dec. 17-26, 2014 Pop Century We are taking extended family this time! Merry Christmas!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #37
Anna's Mommeee
Earning My Ears

Can't wait for the report!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #38
BobNoxious
Mr. Planner

Yay Emma!!!

Your trip report from earlier this year is what kept me coming back to these DISBOARDS. That report was truly enjoyable to read, and it captured my imagination.

...waiting for MoRe of this new report!

October 2007 - Polynesian
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #39
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Emma's back! My favorite trip report writer! I've been waiting for your second trip report!

Can't wait for more!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 08-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #40
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Wooohoootty! You are back! I am so excited to read about your tails. Do come back and give us some more. You are inspiring! It is so great to read about a young lady who has a great attitude, takes her education serious and can write well! You Go Girl!

p.s. As I mentioned in you last TR...I am still looking into buying the perfect AG Doll for my little girl.

PLEASE COME BACK!

Last edited by princessjv; 08-13-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Always typos...but Welcome Back!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #41
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

Waiting for more
Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #42
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

A Note from Betsey

It's not Emma -- it's her mom.

Freedom of Speech is a value we all hold dear. But every freedom comes with a responsibility. Your right to swing your fist ends where another person's nose begins. Your freedom to speak your opinion ends where personal attack on another begins.

The DIS has always taken pride in being a safe and friendly place. Ad hominem attacks should be immediately deleted -- especially from trip reports. In a trip report, the author opens him or herself up, sharing experiences and memories. It is a vulnerable position. Name calling should not be tolerated. Perhaps custom might allow for more leeway on the Community Board where volatile topics might be discussed and where people might seem to "ask for it" when posting outrageous or extreme opinions. A trip reporter who shares her Disney World memories is not "asking for it." If you don't like her sense of humor or attitude, move on to another trip report. The rule on the Trip Report board should be, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

So Emma won't be back to this particular thread unless the personal attacks are deleted. Failing that ideal resolution, let's post to it no more, and let it fade into the oblivion that lies beyond page five. Emma will try starting fresh soon.

Thanks to all the kind people who have posted here or PMed her.

Betsey
Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #43
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
It's not Emma -- it's her mom.

Freedom of Speech is a value we all hold dear. But every freedom comes with a responsibility. Your right to swing your fist ends where another person's nose begins. Your freedom to speak your opinion ends where personal attack on another begins.

The DIS has always taken pride in being a safe and friendly place. Ad hominem attacks should be immediately deleted -- especially from trip reports. In a trip report, the author opens him or herself up, sharing experiences and memories. It is a vulnerable position. Name calling should not be tolerated. Perhaps custom might allow for more leeway on the Community Board where volatile topics might be discussed and where people might seem to "ask for it" when posting outrageous or extreme opinions. A trip reporter who shares her Disney World memories is not "asking for it." If you don't like her sense of humor or attitude, move on to another trip report. The rule on the Trip Report board should be, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

So Emma won't be back to this particular thread unless the personal attacks are deleted. Failing that ideal resolution, let's post to it no more, and let it fade into the oblivion that lies beyond page five. Emma will try starting fresh soon.

Thanks to all the kind people who have posted here or PMed her.

Betsey
Hi Betsey!

I totally agree 100% with you. It really bothers me when individuals post cruel and insensitive remarks on a trip report. If the person reading it doesn't like it, they should just move on...

Instead of the moderators threatening to close the thread, the judgemental remarks should be deleted at once. It isn't fair that the majority of the individuals who are enjoying it be deprived of the memories.

I must add Betsey, you have an amazingly eloquent daughter. Her writing is captivating and amusing. She definitely has an incredible talent. My daughter has been enjoying Emma's recounts of her trip along with her American Girl Doll at WDW pics.

We hope to be reading her latest report very soon!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #44
Marla Hellwig
I am loved by the masses
Addicted to Mickey bars!!
They call it getting lost, I prefer the term "creative exploring"
Ready for the next cruise

Well for some strange reason when I was trying to 'clean' up this the changes I was making didn't take

If op wants this closed - please pm me and I will move it to Completed trip reports or just delete the whole thread
Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #45
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Emma & Betsey

I'm sorry that you had to experience first hand some of the poor manners that crop up here from time to time. Myself and many others here enjoyed the first trip report and were quite looking forward to this one. I'm sure that you, Emma, were quite hurt by the comments that were left and it is understandable that you would not want to continue this thread until they were removed. I do hope that if Marla Hellwig isn't able to clean up this thread that you will consider beginning anew. I think that it's pretty obvious that the number of well meaning, caring people do outnumber the insensitive.

It is unfortunate that of late, more and more trip reports are falling subject to a handful of people choosing to make unkind remarks. It is truly unfortunate that yours fell to this as well before it even had a chance to get started.

I'll keep an eye out for your trip report - keep your head up!

Abby

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: