Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #91
Who'syourMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
OOOhhh I like the theme song music!! We will be staying the night at the Airport hotel the night before. But I'm googling the nearest WalMarts!!! I can get to 2 diff. cities w/in 30 min. in opp directions that I'm fam. with so If it's early enough we will go there. I don't relish driving @ Houston in an unfamiliar area. The Wal Mart closest to the Airport is out for me unless it is in BROAD Day light and we can park REALLY close to the door!! I am praying that we get it the night before and that it is early evening when we get it!!!
Going to a dangerous walmart late at night to the tune of mission impossible while quoting the 23rd psalm to the music....could work.....Nothing can hurt you while you are shopping for your trip....that is the rule. There are special guardian angels for that. If the guardian angels guide you to drive up the road to a better walmart, it is only because that walmart will have more of the things you need to buy in stock.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #92
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Lin View Post
The elusive Mickey rain poncho has been found! Let everyone rejoice! I had to stand in my DDs room on one foot on her wooden chest with one hand on a high shelf. My DW came in to see what I was up to... no pun intended. Under some other "stuff" we found the poncho. Now our poncho inventory is complete. We also found an adult maroon poncho, so we have a spare.

We have selected, collected and compiled ride preference data. The princess' preferences take precedence. Say that three times fast. It looks like we might actually have time to take in all of the favorites for each person. Huzzah!

Only 2 weeks to go!

Bill
I need to get 2 more pancho's. 1 as a spare and 1 for DH ecv.
13 days to WDW!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #93
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

I only have a min but had to respond quick. You mentioned that your daughter's friend told her about the characters. We tell our kids as well but they still "believe". Heck, I "believed" while I was there. I found myself talking to the princesses and Peter as if they were real! LOL My kids had just as much fun and sparkle even though they "know" they are not real. I would not worry. The magic of Disney takes over!

As for insurance, I wish you all the luck. We have been very lucky and have only used private insurance (through mine or dh's work) the entire time but we have had to make some sacrifices (dh had to turn down jobs because the insurance wasn't good enough). I know that is stressful. I hope it gets sorted!
Wish Trippers Unite Volume Two!

Just believe and if you imagine, Just believe and your dreams will come true
Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #94
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Hey guys, I'm a little tired but wanted you to know there's a lost mom just starting her plans for MAW trip over on the disAbilities board. I'm sure you can help her more than I can. Thanks, Karen
Old 09-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #95
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Where is the lost Mom?

Can you give me the link for the lost Mom. I don't know the thread.

Bill
Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #96
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH

Here is the link Bill.......

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post20660816
Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #97
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH

Just wanted to pop in and say .....have a great trip!!!!
Only five more days to go!!!!!!!!! I bet you have been busy busy busy planning all your last details!!! Can't wait to hear all about you trip when you get back!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #98
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Eagerly awaiting your trip. Have lots of fun. Karen
Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #99
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
OOOhhh I like the theme song music!! We will be staying the night at the Airport hotel the night before. But I'm googling the nearest WalMarts!!! I can get to 2 diff. cities w/in 30 min. in opp directions that I'm fam. with so If it's early enough we will go there. I don't relish driving @ Houston in an unfamiliar area. The Wal Mart closest to the Airport is out for me unless it is in BROAD Day light and we can park REALLY close to the door!! I am praying that we get it the night before and that it is early evening when we get it!!!
LeeLee:

Are you flying out of Intercontinental or Hobby? If Intercontiental, are you coming to the AP via I45 or Hwy59? If you are headed south on Hwy 59, there is a Target by Deerbrook (Deercreek?) mall. If you go west on Hwy 1960 there is a Wal-mart and a Sam's about a mile down on the right...if you go East on 1960 there is a Wal-mart about 3 miles on the right...both are very crowded. the 3 mile away one is in a residental neighborhood area, and not merely in a retail sprawl. Don't know if they are open late or not (I have relatives that live in this area...) If you are coming down I-45 from the Dallas area, there are several retail sprawls in The Woodlands. I know I have seen a Target, Sam's and Wal-mart, but I couldn't tell you the exits. This is a nice area, so you shouldn't need an armed guard to get to and from your car....hope that helps.

~Elisa
Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #100
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Lin View Post
First the Good News:
Now the Bad News: Social Security has cut off Elysia's Medicaid. They state that they will cover her until other coverage is found. I am very sure she qualifies for state medical so I am not too stressed. Never the less, I am sure it is a mistake. Our income has not gone up, quite the contrary. Send up a prayer about this, please.
Bill
Bill:

Sometimes Medicaid gets cancelled because they have sent out a questionairre, and it was never returned. Although Medicaid is a federal program it is run by state agencies...Adam has private insurance and Medicaid. Private pays first and Medicaid pays second. When we moved from state to state, we had to redo a lot of paperwork and things are handled a little differently here than they were in TX. Perhaps you should head to your local office and see if a face to face helps work it all out.

Elisa
Old 09-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #101
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Medicaid and Parties

Well... the Medicaid mystery may be solved . In typical S.S.A. fashion, (hmmmm let's see.. .what does that really stand for ? Should I give my opinion? ) they decided that my wife was still working even though she wrote to tell them otherwise. They had been adding her "projected" earnings to calculate elligibility. ARGGH! Did I spell that right? Or did I spel thet write?

Our send-off party is tonight. We just learned that our reservations for the village have the wrong number in the party, had left our DS13 off completely, had the wrong address for us and had no flight information? I have resolved to take it all in stride.

Stay tuned for updates. We leave on Monday!

Bill
Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #102
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

Good news on the medicaid! Glad it got fixed!

Glad to hear GKTW has the right info now. Enjoy your party!
Wish Trippers Unite Volume Two!

Just believe and if you imagine, Just believe and your dreams will come true
Old 09-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #103
jennydep
Mouseketeer

Bill, I am so excited for all of you! Will you be doing a live trip report while you're there or do we all have to wait till you get back?!?!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:11 AM   #104
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

Bill:

Glad to hear the insurance is resolved before the trip . One less thing to worry about! For all you Dis-ers who are getting ready to leave in the next few days, I thought I would suggest that you recheck the weather in Orlando. Our temps are very similar to theirs and we have just dropped substantially. Two weeks ago we were in the 100's. Last night our high was 82 and tonight it will be 76. Orlando is more humid than No. Alabama, but the temps aren't that much different...you might want to consider a light jacket for evenings...just me being paranoid for you
Old 09-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #105
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Oh, Bill!! What a day!!! I'm so glad they finally got it all figured out!
How did the party go last night??

We found out yesterday that we will get our $$ right before we get on the plane. We were supposed to be meeting our coordinator the night before, but due to some complications w/his business we won't be meeting till the morining of!!! Oh Well, we'll be in DISNEY!!!!!!!
I'm so glad @ the ins. SS is still showing us to be in 2 seperate households even though we all have the same address! We've been in the office 2x to get it fixed. We are supposed to get some back pay but haven't seen it yet. It's not huge but hey a $130 is $130 that we didn't have!!
Just a few more days !!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: