Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #16
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Question Do I need Professional Help?

Oh Dear... I have done it now. I actually made a check off chart so each person can choose their "must do" attractions at each park. I have asked them to number their top choices. For MK it is 1-10, for the smaller parks, not so many.

My idea is to be sure EVERYONE gets to do at least their top choices at each park.

Does this seem clinical ? Hmmmmmm.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #17
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH

Absolutely wonderful!!!! You are doing a wonderful job on your report. I am looking forward to reading more. Between you, Wendygrace and 5dwarves I am just in awe. I don't think I could ever do a trip report as good as your guys'! I may give it a try....haven't decided yet. Keep up the good work!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #18
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

This is an absolutely fantastic start. I'm glad to meet your family and looking forward to your DD's Wish Trip . Chill out and enjoy the trip. Karen
Old 08-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #19
jennydep
Mouseketeer

YEA!! I can't wait to read more! I am making lists of everyone's "must do's" for our trip in two weeks!! It's fun, isn't it?!?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #20
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Great plan so far!!! Very organized!!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 08-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #21
Who'syourMickey
Mouseketeer

Wow, Bill, great start to your TR. I was about to burst into uncontrollable sobs when I found out your little princess is your wife and your only child together, and am SO relieved that she's been cancer free for three years. What a big job taking care of a little girl missing really important glands/organs, and keeping her well.

Our dd wants to visit Cinderella at her Castle (which can be done at CRT in the lobby), sleep in a princess bed (we are going to get a hanging princess canopy to put over her bed at GKTW), dress like a princess (grandma's making princess dresses), ride in Cinderellas carriage and I think we have everything she asked for scheduled but that. I imagine with insurance for the parks riding in Cinderellas carriage with Cinderella would be impossible. She just watched a show today and saw the suite in cinderella's castle, and said "Mom, I just saw a show and did you know there is a Cinderella suite INSIDE the castle?" and I told her "Yes, I knew and there was one winner a day for it." One things for sure, our dd's have a passion for Cinderella in common.

It is possible for your dd to maybe win the night in the castle? Don't they just pick people at random as they enter the gates? I'm crossing my fingers for your dd to still win it.

I think I need to ask everyone their top things they would like to see also. We're looking forward to meeting your family since we will be at GKTW the same week. It will be a princess party for sure.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #22
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

oh yay! What is it with our little girls and Cinderella? Too cute! I'm so glad you started this and thank you for the touch of magic. I am so excited for you. I just went over the pics from our trip with some friends and I was tearing up again. I can't wait to go back someday!

By the way, I did the checklist as well. A good book for this is something called "Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids by Kids!". I highly recommend it! My kids loved flipping through it and I "read" it to them (told them about the rides) every night for a few weeks and then we asked each kid which were their top three. We made sure to hit those top three for both our kids.

Great start to your report. I am so glad we have so many of these going. It will really help others in the future, I think!
Wish Trippers Unite Volume Two!

Just believe and if you imagine, Just believe and your dreams will come true
Old 08-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #23
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Question Inserting Pictures

Okay.... I have not been able to figure out how to insert pictures. Is there a site that is a tutorial for this with topics such as resizing, activating html, etc.?

Thanks to all who can answer this.

Bill
Old 08-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #24
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Oh Bill, what a great start!!!! I' so glad you decided to do this.

I still am really hoping for your DD to get that night in the castle. I told my boys about her wish and they both said they were going to pray for it to happen!! Braeton said if he won it he would give it to her!!

We'll be in MK for part of wed and we'll be in AK Thurs. also. This is so exciting!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:38 AM   #25
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

Bill, I'm not very good at that stuff either but found photobucket easy. I download my pictures to it, then I click a button to resize, copy the url for forums and paste it onto here. Its easy!
Wish Trippers Unite Volume Two!

Just believe and if you imagine, Just believe and your dreams will come true
Old 08-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #26
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Smile Photobucket... Hurray!

Thanks to all for the Photobucket advice. I had not thought of that even though we use it to communicate with my oldest son who is in combat in Baghdad. Our pictures help to remind him of home and what he is fighting for. His pictures help us feel closer to him while he is there. He is a Sergeant in the 3rd Infantry Division. Right after he graduated from college, 9-11 happened. He came and told me that he was joining the army as an enlisted man because he did not want his little sister Lysi to be in a building somewhere when someone flew a plane into it. He is very brave and an amazingly good man. Please keep Christopher in your prayers. This is his second combat tour in Baghdad.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #27
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Wink Silverwood Theme Park

We have "practiced" theme parking, by visiting our "local" theme park, Silverwood Theme Park. It is 2 hours away in Athol, Idaho. Seriously, I am not making up the name of the town. It is pronounced Ath-ole.

Silverwood opens the park the evening of their first day each year (if you knew what northern Idaho weather is like in winter you would not wonder why they aren't open year-round) to people with life-threatening illnesses or developmental disabilities. We try to go each year, and went last May.

Silverwood has two BIG rollercoasters, one corkscrew coaster, a log flume, a river raft type ride, a large water slide park and lots of small rides as well as a genuine steam train. http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/

Last edited by Bill_Lin; 08-11-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #28
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Your son is AWESOME! As all our soldiers are!! My nephew who is like a brother to me is also over in Iraq. He's an Army Paratrooper. He's in the 82nd Airborne. We pray for all our soldiers every night and will add Christophers name to our list and your family also.
Love the pics! And how neat to that Silverwood does that each year!!! We used to have Astroworld not quite 2 hours away but that's gone now. And my boys never got to go.
Keep it coming!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #29
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Talking Winter where we live

It can actually snow here in September when we will be in Florida, but that is rare. It usually waits until October for the first snow.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #30
Who'syourMickey
Mouseketeer

Love the pics Bill!

I've been thinking about what you said about the beach because we are thinking about a day at the beach if budget allows, which it probably doesnt, but this would have been my plan for the ultimate beach day.

On our do over trip seven years ago we went to Anna Maria Island, it is around Sarasota, which is two to two and a half hours from Orlando. White sand beaches and crystal clear blue water and dolphins in the water! Paradise. This would be the direction I would drive to see a beach that is worthy to be called a beach, whose waves are gentle enough for children to play in and enjoy because it is on the gulf side and not the ocean side (less current, waves that won't knock a small child over). I would start early, 6 am, grab coffee or donuts, wish child asleep on their special GKTW pillow during the drive, drive to the beach Sarasota, longboat key, bradenton beach, or anna maria island area, spend 1/2 a day at the beach then on the way home see busch gardens tampa (I think Busch Gardens has free GKTW tickets), then come home to GKTW in the eve by 9:30 or so and do the pizza dinner. It's a long day but mostly driving and seeing gardens so not exausting like a theme park (I think busch gardens is a garden but it has some rides). There is a cool walking trail through woods that opens up right on the beach at Anna Maria, that was a highlight too. After two or three hours on the beach you would want a break in air conditioning. That would be a great time to get fast food and get on the road to Tampa.

Our dd also would like to jetski. There is a jetski by the Cinderella castle rentable from the monorail to a disney resort like the GF or CR but it is swamp water and there could be diseases in it. If I had an extra $200 (2 hours of jetski rental), the beach, like holmes beach near anna maria island, would be the perfect place to rent a jetski at the beach area, take turns riding in it 3 at a time while the others played in view on the beach. You can jetski out where there are dolphins. jetski was part of our dd's dream too.

What do you experienced travelers think? Is the beach and Busch Gardens with a five hour drive too much? I know that my dd would sleep in the van so It would be important rest for her during the drive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: