Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

A Great Weekend!!

Since this was a weekend trip & not a long vacation, I thought it was time to try posting a report. It's a very intimidating thing to do because of all the great reports on these boards! Ok....here goes nothing!

My brother called & stated he had a conference scheduled at the Contemporary the last weekend of September. Do we want to meet he & SIL for a long weekend getaway??? Hmmm...let me think about it. Are you kidding?? You bet!! Of course! Get the suitcase! What do the flights look like?? Oh, have to tell hubby. He doesn't do Disney. Once was enough for him. I've given up trying to figure it out, I just keep going! So the "we" is my Mom & myself.

This was my first time at the Contemporary & I was not disappointed. Look at this room...

Yes, I was very happy there! Spacious room, 2 closets, beautiful bathroom!

After getting something to eat, we made our way over the EPCOT. Without my little nieces on this trip, EPCOT became the place to be & enjoy!

We took our time walking over to the World Showcase, stopping to take in all the sights, sounds & pleasures we usually walk right by on our way to "scheduled" family events! Our destination was the "Eat To The Beat" Al Stewart concert at the American Adventure. We sat there very contented. Enjoyed the concert & enjoyed just being in the moment! NO SCHEDULE!

After the concert, we started walking the rest of the way around the showcase. We stopped in China. I love walking through there! Then off to Mexico. Here's Mom & brother.. they'd kill me if they knew I posted this!!

Did some shopping & went on the boat ride. I like the addition of Donald & friends! I think it's cute.

Then it was back to the room & a good night's sleep!
Next...some time for my SIL & myself!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 10-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

The rooms at the Contemporary are really nice. Looks like your mom and bro were having lots of fun.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
The rooms at the Contemporary are really nice. Looks like your mom and bro were having lots of fun.
Yes, the rooms are beautiful! I could get used to that! Those two are something else! Since we live so far apart, we try to make up for it during the times we are together! It doesn't take much to get us going!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 10-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Well, the next day Bro had to attend his meeting & Mom was still pretty tired. It looked like it was going to be SIL & myself for the morning!! We have always wanted to go to the parks ourselves. But when you're there with family, time is not a luxury! This morning belonged to US! Our destination was MK. Loved just having to jump on the monorail to get there! This is what we found...
At the entrance

Main Street

We were so excited about being there "alone", we didn't know what to do first. OK...shopping!
I had to try on the hat...

After browsing through "most" of the shops, we decided to head to Pirates. That's one of our favorite rides & we love the little skit with Jack Sparrow!! As we headed that way, my SIL saw a sign reading "Meet Capt Jack"?????? Really???? No!! YES!!!! You know we did!!

Happiest two ladies you ever saw! OMG!! Grow up, you say???? NEVER!!!

After catching our collective breath, we did finally reach Pirates. Not a long wait either! And yes, we watched the show...

After walking through still more shops, we needed our obligatory Dole Whip!! If you like them, you know why I say "obligatory". You just gotta have 'em!!!! We found a seat in the shade & enjoyed our time. Would you believe, it had gone by soooooo fast. It was time to go back. Bro would be done with the meeting & Mom would be in good form by now & ready to go!
This is what we saw as we were leaving...

Is that cute or what???

Last edited by PrincessAlways; 10-27-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: