The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
wer2fun
Earning My Ears

World Quest Resort is Amazing

I just returned from a two week stay. We split our stay one week onsite at the CBR and one week at the World Quest. I can't say enough about the World Quest.
It is a new resort that is still being built. The three building that are done are filled with two and three bedroom condo like suites. They were about 1600 square feet. It had a master with a king, a two twin and a queen room. A full kitchen, living and dining room.
There is a really big pool and tiki bar.
Every day they offer a continental breakfast, an evening snack, and a late night sweet treat. For Free!!!
Before we went I had tried to find some info on the boards and there is not much out so I thought I would give my oppion. This was our first trip to WDW so I am VERY happy we stayed onsite for part of our trip. We only used the EMH one time, so I think when we return my family of 6 will be going back to World quest instead of two small hotel rooms.
Oh by the way we only paid $129 a night for this amazing place!!! If you want anyother infor or to see my pictures let me know.
wer2fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
firsttimer2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wer2fun View Post
I just returned from a two week stay. We split our stay one week onsite at the CBR and one week at the World Quest. I can't say enough about the World Quest.
It is a new resort that is still being built. The three building that are done are filled with two and three bedroom condo like suites. They were about 1600 square feet. It had a master with a king, a two twin and a queen room. A full kitchen, living and dining room.
Every day they offer a continental breakfast, an evening snack, and a late night sweet treat. For Free!!!
Before we went I had tried to find some info on the boards and there is not much out so I thought I would give my oppion. This was our first trip to WDW so I am VERY happy we stayed onsite for part of our trip. We only used the EMH one time, so I think when we return my family of 6 will be going back to World quest instead of two small hotel rooms.
Oh by the way we only paid $129 a night for this amazing place!!! If you want anyother infor or to see my pictures let me know.
I would love to hear more. This is our first trip, in September, but we are already planning to go back. We will not stay onsite again since they are changing the dining plan.
firsttimer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
DisneyDadof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If you want anyother infor or to see my pictures let me know.
I'd LOVE to see photos!

-Michelle (the DisneyMomof4)
DisneyDadof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
SnowWtch
DIS Veteran

Where is World Quest? I've never heard of it?
March 2009-La Quinta, June 6-7, 2009-POP, Oct 3-4, 2009-AKL, Dec 3-5, 2009-AKL, Dec 18-21, 2009-POR, May 28-30, 2010-La Quinta, Dec 2-5, 2010-POP, 2011-La Quinta, March 25-27, 2011, Hampton Inn, May 27-29, 2011, Sept 30-Oct 2, 2011-La Quinta, May 29-June 1, 2012-Renaissance Orlando Sea World, June 1-2, 2012- La Quinta, March 15-17, 2013 La Quinta
SnowWtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
calgarygary
Had to comment about the system not allowing your acronym
We'll expect lots of pictures

Worldquest is close to the Nick and Marriott World Center - if you turn at the Nick from 536 instead of entering that property, continue on that road and you will eventually come to the Worldquest site. Unfortunately I didn't take many pics of our stay there but if you check out the pictures on tripadvisor you will get a good idea about the resort. tripadvisor pics

The tiki bar at the pool was never open during our stay but that was probably because the pool always seemed very quiet - which in our books was a big plus. Lounge chairs at the pool are among the most comfortable you will find at any resort. Construction is happening but we never found the noise to be much of an issue and we were in building 3 (closest to the construction). The biggest plus for us was having one of the 3 bedroom 3 bath units. With 4 girls, that was a huge difference in the quality of our stay.
2006 - AKL Concierge - PBH - 30th Anniversary Trip
2007 - Resort Hop - PBH - CBR - WQ
calgarygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
kilee

The Tag Fairy knows all, sees all.....
Love is in the air!

Sounds like an amazing deal. Thank you for sharing your review!! I'm going to check this place out, we like suites/condo's/pool homes for the added space when we travel.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #7
shermomof5
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. We are booked for 12 nights in October in a WC Accessible 3 Bedroom. It looks like a great place!
Sher
shermomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 PM   #8
disneynewbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Could you tell me how you got the great rate. This place looks just perfect for what I need but the lowest I can seem to find is a little under $200 per night and that one says no breakfast is included. Thanks.

10/2004 ASMo, 11/2006 POP, 10/2009 POP, 11/2012 POP
disneynewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #9
shermomof5
Earning My Ears

I am paying $159 and $179 for the 3 bedroom with a AAA discount. The rate changes in October. I called reservations once or twice and had to ask for any special promos. From my understanding the continental breakfast is for all hotel guests. Most reviews that I have read say the breakfast is OK but nothing too crazy. Pastries, Juice and a bit of fruit. I would like to know if the breakfasts are pretty much the same every day. While in Orlando for business in April, I stopped by Worldquest to check it out. Very nice place. At around 4:30 the had some snacks - nachos-and salsa available for the guests.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
calgarygary
Had to comment about the system not allowing your acronym
We'll expect lots of pictures

Breakfast did not change while we were there but it was better than cooking or paying for one! Salsa and chips was also the snack everyday. I found that the rates fluctuate a lot for Worldquest - shop around.
2006 - AKL Concierge - PBH - 30th Anniversary Trip
2007 - Resort Hop - PBH - CBR - WQ
calgarygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #11
bullet875
Mouseketeer

Is this the new resort by the LBV outlets?
bullet875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
shermomof5
Earning My Ears

No, its not. That one is lake Buena Vista Resort Villiage. I looked at that resort and the building seemed nice and proximiaty to shopping is excellent, however, LBVR is right on the main road. I liked World Quest because you had to take a short road to get to the property. Gave it a little more seclusion. The entrance to Worldquest was right across from the the Nickelodeion Hotel.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #13
bschiffler
Love Disney!!

It is kid friendly? Where can we get the lowest rates for this resort?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #14
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Thanks for the Headsup!

Staying at Disney Resort for EMH mornings is great!
Staying at Disney Resort for EMH evenings is not so great! Especially during the Summer months!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #15
shermomof5
Earning My Ears

Well I got an email from Orlandoinfo.com and they have an endless summer promotion. It lists several hotels with stay 2 nights get the 3rd night free. Worldquest is listed as one of those resorts. I called reservations twice yesterday to get in on this offer, however, no one seemed to know what was going on. I am going to persist today, as that would mean almost an $800 savings on our 12 night stay. Will keep you posted!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: