|08-06-2007, 08:22 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Just back from CSR, review of hotel
Okay not just back, but oh well. We were at CSR July 21st-28th I kept meaning to post my review of CSR but things kept coming up. Since we are leaving in 2 days for Disney again (my birthday present for my brother's 16th birthday) I figured I'd post it now.
1. Room location- We were in 8B and it was a great location. It was for bus stop 4 and only a few minutes from the Dig Site and about a 5 minute walk from the lobby.
2. Mouseservice- I had read complains about the service, about lack of window designs but our lady was really nice. We ran into her almost every day (8B is cleaned around 12:30) and she introduced herself and asked about us. Almost every day she made a design in the window for DD.
3. Panchito's- It was a big gift shop that had almost everything we wanted at the parks. They also had a lot of CSR stuff (we always try to buy something representing the resort).
4. Transportation- At Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and MGM our bus stop was at the front so thankfully not a lot of walking. At AK and Waterparks it was a little bit away but not bad. The buses were almost never full so we always got a seat. There also seemed to be a good flow of buses coming and going.
5. Quiet pools- There was one really close to our room which was great for a quick swim with DD. It was almost never busy, unlike the Dig Site which was always filled with people. It also was always very clean, not leaves for anything.
1. Pepper market- For the most part the food was good i just don't get the seating/purpose of the waiters. The 3 times we went, i mostly just saw them talking to each other. I also didn't like the layout of the place. It made it seemed cramped.
2. Laundry- We tried to dry our swimsuits but the dryers were so bad they didn't dry at all. After 2 times letting it dry, we gave up and wasted 4 dollars. If wanting to do laundry, don't do it there.
3. Forgot biggest negative in original post- the fridge. When we first got into the room, the fridge wasn't on so we turned in on pretty high so that way DD's milk wouldn't spoil. After 2 hours, the fridge was still warm. I called house keeping and they basically said, "Give it time, it will work" After another 2 hours, it was still warm. So i called and complained again, saying they needed to come look at it. When the lady got there, she basically said "Oh it is not a fridge, just a wine cooler- i wish they would tell people it's only a cooler". Well i let her know my mind and we got a new fridge that worked. So yeah, not to fond of the maintenance people.
Overall: It was a great resort. It always seemed quiet and not busy. We had a few rude CM's but i guess that is everywhere. Although i will say, one lady was especially rude to my mom. We are originally from Scotland and she was talking to her like she was a moron and couldn't speak English. Well i just asked to see the manager and told her everything that was going on. As we were leaving, i saw the manager talking to the lady and the manager looked mad. Not that I'm glad the lady got yelled at but, just because you have an accent doesn't mean your a moron. Overall though, we will for sure be going back. We've stayed at all the moderates and I think it's the best. Caribbean Beach is nice but everything is sooo far away. Port Orleans is nice but as we live in Louisiana, it's kind of lost of us. DD, her father and I are going for Spring Break and have already picked CSR as our hotel. I wanted CSR for our visit later this week, but there was no rooms so we'll see how Yacht compares with it. I have tons of pictures, just trying to find time/figure out how to post them.
Any questions, I'll try to answer
Me( 27) DD(5) DH (33) DS(3)
9/01-9/02 Off-site, 9/02 & 9/04 CBR, 10/05 POFQ, 7/07 CSR, 8/07 YC, 9/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 6/09 Contemporary,7/09- WL, 3/10 - POR, 6/10 -Contemporary, 4/11- Boardwalk
Upcoming: 7/11 Fort Wilderness Cabins
Last edited by newdisneymum; 08-06-2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
|08-06-2007, 08:24 PM||#2|
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
|08-07-2007, 07:12 AM||#3|
Join Date: May 2004
Thanks for sharing!
We love the Pepper Market. Some many choices and the food always seems fresh.
I don't think it is a wine cooler. I've never heard that before. Ours got very cold. When we turned ours up, it froze the milk and water bottles.
|08-07-2007, 09:27 AM||#4|
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Northeastern PA
Thanks for the review.
I read some where that you should turn up the refrigerator and keep the cabinet door open for the first few hours to help the refrigerator to get cold.
June 2011 - Universal - Royal Pacific Resort
November 2009 - Coronado Springs
August 2007 - Coronado Springs
November 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
July 2005 - Universal - Hard Rock Resort
December 2001 - All Star Movies
August 2001 - Dixie Landings / Contemporary
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|