Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Exclamation 08 was so Great at the Poly...TR-NEW 2/3 Time to say Good-bye (final post) / pics

Post #1

Ok here goes....

Since I am all about planning and am the "unofficial cruise director" (think The Love Boat) for my family vacations, not that I'm complaining and now that I found the DIS boards what a better place to share the next 9 months 4 weeks...countdown till we leave yet again on another crazy but magical journey back to truly the "happiest place on Earth"!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
[SIZE="1"]
PTR Post #1 the start of my first PTR, bear with me as I learn along the way...planning at the 10 mo. out mark
Post#3 (PTR no. 2) DDP update, first thoughts on the issue (pg 1)
Post #13 (PTR no.3) BIG IDEA: May the Force be with YOU!, first thoughts on SWW (pg 1)
Post#15 (PTR no. 4) We're Talking about Disney again??, layout of proposed upcoming planning posts
(pg 1)
Post #28 (PTR no. 5) CELEBRATION DAY! The Big August Post (pg 2)
Post #37 (PTR no. 6) Pictures from 2005
(pg 3)
Post #47 (PTR no. 7) Sept. Post DDP Debate part two w/ pic's
Post #56 mini post: my loves with pictures (pg 4)
Post #67 (PTR no. 8) BIG Ocober Post: Experiencing Technical Difficulties (pg 5)
Post #68 (PTR no 9) Trouble in the air...and I'm not even on a plane yet (pg 5)
Post #76 (PTR no 10 and mini post) Mom's got a good seat...and post Halloween FUN!
(pg 6)
Post #86 mini posts: My DD's Birthdays and Thankful Blessings (pg 86)
Post #88 (PTR no 11) Time to make the ADR's.... (pg 6)
Post #97 (PTR no 12) Packing Already??!! & the Reveal of my TPTP Day One (pg 7)
Post #99 mini post: Aspergers and the Dells with pictures
(pg 7)
Post #101 (PTR no.13) Revisement of Day 1 (pg 7)
Post #105 (PTR no.14) start of my family's TOP 5's-the youngest Margaret (pg 7)
Post #113 (PTR no. 15) Reveal of our Day Two plans on the TPTP (pg 8)
Posts #119-130 Update on ADR/dinning issues & What to do about Day 1 still ??!! (pg 8-9)
Post # 133 (PTR no 16) Mae's TOP 5 & my Wishes for her trip (pg 9)
Post #137 (PTR no. 17) Making a Special Guidebook for my ADHD & ASD son (pg 10)

Post # 146 (PTR no. 18) Happy 59 Day & Final Reveal of Day 1) I promise...(pg 10)
Post #151 mini post: MICKEY MAIL (pg 11)
Post #159 (PTR no. 19) Reveal of TPTP DAY 3) (pg 11)
Post # 163 (PTR no. 20) List of Lists!! (pg 11)
Post # 164 (PTR no. 21) Aldine's TOP 5 and my wishes for her trip (pg 11)[/
Post # 172 Michael's TOP 5 & my wishes for his trip (pg 12)
Post # 178 (PTR no.23) Reveal of Day 4) on the TPTP (pg 12)

Post # 183 Finish the Reveal of Day 3) at Epcot & MK AND reveal of Day 5) on the TPTP (pg 13)
Posts: 186 ,187, & 188 (PTR no. 25 and mini posts) 30 day Countdown Calendar, Twins turn 9-birthday stuff, and update to the LIST (pg 13)

Post 194 Speed Reveals for Day 6 & 7 on the TPTP....(pg 13)
Post # (PTR no. 27) More TOP 5 fun with DM and DH... (pg 14)
Post #219 (PTR no.28) THANKS to my family and all the Disers! (pg 15)
Post # 226 (PTR no.29) 3 days to go...(pg 16)
Post # 232 (PTR no.30) less than 24 hrs to go...(pg 16)
Post #'s 234, 7 (PTR no 31-2) I'm Back and Sick (pg 16)

Post #241 (last PTR no. 33) Re-cap of the PTR for June 08 will be so Great at the Poly (pg 17)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trip Report Chapters:

Post #247 (TR no.1) Morning of Day 1) we're on our way even with burnt muffins (pg 17)
Post #257 (TR no.2) Airport and Travel FUN of Day 1) (pg 18)
Post #267 (TR no.3) some misc picture and travel notes (pg18)
Post #268 (TR no.4) Still Day 1) Dinner w/ a Princess or 2 or 3 (pg 18)

Post# (TR no.5) end of Day 1) Shop, Fun & Adventure at night in WDW (pg 19)
Post # 297/8 (PTR no. 6) Part 1 of Day 2): The Green 7 take on the HEAT and ANIMAL KINGDOM (pg 20)
Post #312 (PTR no.7) Part 2 of Day 2) at Animal Kingdom (pg 21)
Post # 321 (TR no.8) Part 3 of Day 2) off to Neverland and Kona Bliss (pg 22)[/COLOR]
Post #326/7 (TR no. 9) Out on Mickey's Town the night of Day 2) (pg 22)
Post # 352 (TR no.10) Start of Day 3) morning at the MK (pg 24)
Post #366 (TR no. 11) Day 3) heading off to ride Dumbo and more FL fun! (pg 25)
Post # 373 (TR no.12) It's a small World After all.....(pg 25)
Post # 389-391 (TR no 13) the end of Day 3) finally! (pg 26-7)
Post # 396 (TR no 14) The start of Day 4) at DHD and SWW (pg 27)
Post #404 (TR no 15) TSM fun! (pg 27)
Post #'s 409-411 (TR no 16) more DHS fun, H&V, IJSS, BPB parade, PHDL (pg 28)
Post #436-7 (TR no. ) Start of Day 5) Hawaiian style, O'hana and the Pool (pg 30)
Post # 445 More of Day 5 w/ Nemo & the Seas, going on TT, and what happened to DH on MS? (pg 30)
Post 436 Day 5) DH stuck on MS (pg 31)
Post # Day 5) start of the Countries tour...(pg 31)

(new edits in italic)

Previous magical trips:
me as a kid: in 1982 or 84 (only MK and Epcot then) first time I ever flew

DH as a kid early '80's, doesn't really remember except he wanted to go to Epcot, and his DSister and DBrother didn't, so they didn't

1994: Flew week before or after traditonal Spring Break with DH (he was my boyfriend then) and DM for a 6/5 stay at CBR in Barbados rm #1244 I was a CM from the stores that trip and used my discount all over...FUN!

1995: Drove with DH (now my finance) and DM and DF. Remember eating Arby's late at night in Atlanta, getting stuck in horrible traffic outside of Orlando.. stayed in the CBR again and celebrated my 21st b-day with my first drink at 8Trax in PI

1998: Flew with DH (yes, now he is) and (on seperate airlines) with my crazy BFF (we met working at the Disney Store) and her then Boyfriend, well actually they broke up like 2 weeks before the trip, but we still all went, let's talk tension...Anyhoot we stayed a 7/6 at AS Sports in the Surf's Up building. We had SO much fun, despite the never ending rain, I don't think I could ever be that wet again.... BTW my DM was there also with her DSister and her DM too, DM wore the yellow poncho but the other 2 had gigantic MM umbrellas, our trips crossed over by a few days. Other fun note upon our return I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant, 2 weeks later found out it was twins

2001: Ok we were on a plane headed to WDW the morning of 9/11 with our DD and DS then 2 and my DM and DF. We were re-routed to Indy, Indiana and never made it. It was a scary but an unbelievalble memory in our lives. Hard to explain to our little kids why we weren't going. WDW and United refunded everthing...

2005: The Big Suprise Trip for our kids, like you really need an excuse to go to WDW but our's was to spend our twins 6th B-day there. We pulled them out of Kindergaten for a week and went for a 10/9 stay at POR. It was great and they were quite suprised. 4 days into our trip who showed up but the DGrandparents (all 4) and they were staying right next door. And then a few days later 4 more family members came. Huge FUN and it was a great way to ring in birthdays 6 and 6. (We hope someday to go over Thanksgiving and celebrate our younger 2 DD's B-day's there too).

Here are the characters:
me Julie (33) mastermind and planner of all things Disney and keeper of the "disney change jar" no pilfering DH...and the Disney planner. My Favorite rides are It's a Small World, Space Mountian and Tower of Terror. My favorite characters are Piglet, Mary Poppins, Tink and Princesses Cinderella and Mulan.

DH (34) happy to talk about the Disney planning as long as I'm reading Harry Year 7 too so we can talk about that. (Hey I finished it! Harry is...JK NOTE: when I started this PTR the book had just come out, we even spent our anniversary at the bookstore waiting in line at midnight to get it.) But truly he is just as excited as me. His favorite rides are the never to be forgotten Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Dinosaur. His favorite characters are Alice, the Chesire Cat, and the Bald Mountian guy.

DD Aldine (9) This is fun for her, this will be her 2nd trip and is in with the planning since her first trip was a total suprise. Her top favorites, any ride with the word "mountian" in it and wants to get Lilo and Stitch's autographs. Her favorite characters are Wendy, Lilo, Kim Possible, Violet from the Incredibles, and Princess Jasmine. Her other favorite rides are the Tea Cups and Tommorrowland Speedway.

DS Michael (9) Twin to the above DD he likes to look at the maps and wants to be the navigator. DS also has ADHD and Aspergers, as your read along you'll see how this affects many of our decisions in planning. He wants to meet Stitch and go on anything or go anywhere Buzz and Woody are. He hope to find many Hidden Mickey's and hidden secrets/treasure while he's there. His favorites rides are Pirates of the Carribean, the Buzz Lightyear ride, the TTA or "we-way-people mover" and Peter Pan's Flight. Besides Buzz and Woody, his favorite characters are Mickey, Peter, Captian Hook, Captian Jack Sparrow and Stitch.

DD Mae (5) She was only 2 1/2 for her first trip, so just remembers little bits. She dosen't really have the concept of time down yet so when I say "next year after school's out" she thinks "next week". It'll be a long 9+ months for her. Her favorite rides are the TTA, and It's a Small World. Her favorite characters are Ariel, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Minnie, Jo-Jo and Goliath and Mickey!

DD Margaret (1) Ok so she's the newest addition and was not with us on the last trip. Her age of travel will be (just over 18 mo) and her needs take alot of consideration into where we are staying, etc. Hope she'll have fun and like Mickey and Minnie.

DM (my mother) She is accompaning us on this trip (as almost all others) She feels this will be her last hurrah before retirement a few years later. She loves the Sudios (MGM) and loves having me do all the hard stuff...she's along for the ride. Her favorite rides are the Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, and Space Mountian and Peter Pan's Flight. Her favorite characters are Sleeping Beauty and Prince Philip and the Fab 5, Goofy IS my DAD

Time and Place: The plan is a 8 day 7 night trip (6 & 5 for DM) at the Polynesion-2 rooms, garden views, hopefully in Samoa or Raratonga Long houses. Made the ressie on 8-30-07
Flying out the day after school is done in early June.

Status in planning: Now that the 2008 dates have been released and have firm decided on the dates and length of our trip. I will probably book a room only reservation soon and then add package or tickets later (did it see above post #28) at our 180 day out in Dec. I'll make our ADR's (I did see post # 88) Trying to decide whether or not to add DDP. DM will go either way.(read more below) Still need to book the Flights!! (Did that too see posts #68 and 76)

The great DDP debate: I'm all over the threads about this and since never using it keep teetering on "yes" or "no" Truly I'm mega-confused I only have one other Disney crazy friend who really has gone more times than me and she used the DDP during the "free option" over a Sept. stay and said it was great and ate more food then she ever did before....

DH thinks it would a good use for ultilizing it for extra character meals (as normally we would only ADR 2 for us and family and then try one other TS just for us as a date night (still have to see how that can fit in) but since we have 7 TS's total would we really eat TS that many times? DH is also more of a fan of TS then CS becuse he likes to be served verses fighting/waitng for a table splitting with kid duties to stand in line and order...you get the idea. But both DH and I are sticklers for trying to keep to a budget, because you can get carried away at the World...
(added it and very excited see my hopeful choices on post #47) See what I got on post #88
So for now I have gone thru the menus of the various CS and TS and character meals we'd like to try and wrote down the average cost per meal there and trying to come up with that cost in comparrison to the actuall cost of the DDP for 5 of my family (as DD #3 can eat off of us or for free at the character meals).

Theme parks...where do we go first and use of the EMH's: We loved using the EMH's on our last trip and found it to be a great benefit for DH and me taking turns with kids in shorter waits to single ride rides only either one of us is interested in. Such as DH won't go on the any of the "mountian" rides or the coaster or elevator drop and I'm not to fond of the Dinosaur or Star Tours kind of rides as he is. Using TGM...very helpful! as of 2/08 are only planned EMH use will be the MK eve on Day 3, just DH & I and possibly Studios eve on Day 7
The issue with planning a trip as detialed as I like to be (with room to budge of course) 9 mo out is I can not have 100% accuracy on the EMH's for June of 08, right now I'm going by June 07's calendar as my guide and will finalize our theme park plans in early Dec as I hope the June 08 hours will be posted.
I feel it is most important to plan the parks to determine when and where you place you ADR's

As of 5/1/08 the plan is:

Thurs arrival: Resort, ADR at GF and DTD
Fri: Full day "1" AK with late day break and only DH & I PH to MK (EMH)
Sat: MK with an afternnon break, then to Epcot, then back to MK for SpectroMagic and Wishes???
Sun: DHS and mini golf at night
Mon: O'Hana character meal early, monorail to Epcot later and stay for Illuminations
Tues: DM will be leaving for home in eve, Older DD's will be doing Cooking Grand Adventures for kids at the GF. me-laundry, DH and others will be setting up under a cabana for part of the day, 1900 PF ADR, evening undecided
Wed: Magic Kingdom with break in the day
Thurs: our departure day (so sad even now ) DS doing his Pirate Cruise Grand Adventure, after check out Epcot and maybe AK till ME back to airport

Well I think that does it for first report on my pre-trip report. For those of you who take a peek enjoy. Enjoy and I welcome comments

Last edited by mousescrapper; 02-03-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adding divider and #'s
Old 08-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
ImagineerM
DIS Veteran

Hey there! I'm so excited for you! I hope you have an AWESOME trip! I'd love to help with the planning process, so let me know if you have questions or need help! Feel free to PM!

Cheers,
Josh

Just bought into the DVC at AKLV

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Post #2 DDP update:

Ok wanted to post real quick, that we may be closer to a decision. According to my calculations , children's meals at CS & TS range between $3.99 to 4.49 up to $4.79. So if my 3 diz kids ate at least 2 full meals a day (which they would) that would be about $9.00 a night (x 3= $27). The DDP for kids ages 3-9 (which are mine) is basically $10.00 a night and if a few days we add in a character meal which is more than that $10.00, it truly pays to get the DDP just based on my 3 kids. And I know we want to do at least 2 character whether on the plan or not.

So know I need to figure out is that really that good of a plan for my DH and I (at $37.00 a night), since we either are all on it or not...

I think DH is sold on it, but well, I'm more of a "what if" kinda gal (Heck it took me almost 2 weeks to decide yes to go on a free trip to Atlanta (OK I will be traveling with my 9 mo....).

Well if any well money sensed mom's or dad's out there read my PTR let me know if you agree or not

Would be so helpful.

OH I guess I should point out DM is willing to pay for almost all the DDP expense, but is that where I want the $ help on this trip????

Ahh at least I have some time, but I think I'll be able to relax once I (we) make a decison and book this puppy!

Have a good Disney day all

Last edited by mousescrapper; 08-13-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
tinkercat
Mouseketeer

Ah, the great DDP debate! Its hard to decide, isn't it! It sounds like using the DDP might be worth it for you, since DDP for kids is so much more affordable than for adults. I think that 7 TS meals does sound like alot, but you could also do some signature dining or shoes (CRT, Hoop De Doo, etc.) which are 2 TS each if you wanted to do fewer TS meals. On our last trip, we had a 2 y/o and 8 m/o and I found that I really enjoyed having the TS meal each day. It was a time when we could all sit down together, someone else would carry the food to us (as opposed to struggling with a tray, drinks, etc) and there was no hunting for a table, highchair, etc. Thats one of the reasons I think we'll end up doing the DDP because we certainly couldn't afford to do 7 TS meals OOP.

I'd LOVE to be able to stay at the Poly, but I know its way out of our budget. Heck, I'd be happy with WL or AKL as those are the most affordable deluxes. I don't think we'll spend an incredible amount of time in the room though, so I keep telling myself that we'll be fine at POP.

Like you, I'm definitely the trip planner for our family vacations. DH and the kids are pretty content to do whatever I plan and I like it that way. LOL I'm enjoying your pre-TR so far! Thanks for stopping by mine, as well!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi mousescrapper! Enjoying your pre-trippie so far! I love reading different reports from people at all different stages of planning! I haven't even started packing for my trip yet and I'm already jealous that you are going after me!!

I'll be following your report - I read that your son was recently diagned with ADHD and Asperger Syndrome on tinkercat's PTR. My 6 year old is on the autism spectrum. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 2 - super smart as far as reading/math and some other academics go - and may have his diagnosis changed to Aspergers somewhere along the way, but I'm not too anxious for that because he gets a lot of benefits now that he could lose with the change...) WDW is such a magical place - we just had to go back this year. We went last year for the first time with the kids (except when we went when DD6 was a baby) and it was amazing!! It was combined with a visit to see family - we thought 2 days would be enough at that point... and it probably was.

I can't offer much about the DPP - we always stay off-site, but if we could purchase DPP we would! I have heard there are going to be changes next year though...

Thanks for sharing your planning!
Amy
Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi mousescrapper! Enjoying your pre-trippie so far! I love reading different reports from people at all different stages of planning! I haven't even started packing for my trip yet and I'm already jealous that you are going after me!!

I'll be following your report - I read that your son was recently diagned with ADHD and Asperger Syndrome on tinkercat's PTR. My 6 year old is on the autism spectrum. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 2 - super smart as far as reading/math and some other academics go - and may have his diagnosis changed to Aspergers somewhere along the way, but I'm not too anxious for that because he gets a lot of benefits now that he could lose with the change...) WDW is such a magical place - we just had to go back this year. We went last year for the first time with the kids (except when we went when DD6 was a baby) and it was amazing!! It was combined with a visit to see family - we thought 2 days would be enough at that point... and it probably was.

I can't offer much about the DPP - we always stay off-site, but if we could purchase DPP we would! I have heard there are going to be changes next year though...

Thanks for sharing your planning!
Amy
Thank you DisMomAmy
for posting a reply back on my PTR, especially in regards to my DS. Being on the spectrum is a whole new thing, looking backwards at all these events and patterns of behavior and lack there of it's like the diagnosis was the missing piece we needed, but now creates a whole new one. We look back to about age 2-3 with our DS and see that "yep, it was really always there..." I'm glad that your DS has been recieving the help he needs and I can understand the nerves in the "what if" we adjust this part how does it effect this. As just today I was talking to my DS's principal about a possible IEP for 3rd grade.

Anyhow sorry for the OT in my PTR, but I feel good with the thoughts of those going through it too.

I will be posting on what decisions we make for our trip with our DS in mind.
So keep on reading!

PS have agreat time in Oct. I'm jealous of you...

mousescrapper

Last edited by mousescrapper; 08-13-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #7
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkercat View Post
Ah, the great DDP debate! Its hard to decide, isn't it! It sounds like using the DDP might be worth it for you, since DDP for kids is so much more affordable than for adults. I think that 7 TS meals does sound like alot, but you could also do some signature dining or shoes (CRT, Hoop De Doo, etc.) which are 2 TS each if you wanted to do fewer TS meals. On our last trip, we had a 2 y/o and 8 m/o and I found that I really enjoyed having the TS meal each day. It was a time when we could all sit down together, someone else would carry the food to us (as opposed to struggling with a tray, drinks, etc) and there was no hunting for a table, highchair, etc. Thats one of the reasons I think we'll end up doing the DDP because we certainly couldn't afford to do 7 TS meals OOP.

I'd LOVE to be able to stay at the Poly, but I know its way out of our budget. Heck, I'd be happy with WL or AKL as those are the most affordable deluxes. I don't think we'll spend an incredible amount of time in the room though, so I keep telling myself that we'll be fine at POP.

Like you, I'm definitely the trip planner for our family vacations. DH and the kids are pretty content to do whatever I plan and I like it that way. LOL I'm enjoying your pre-TR so far! Thanks for stopping by mine, as well!
Tinkercat,

Double at you, thank you for checking mine and your welcome for looking at yours.

Believe me in no way can we really afford to stay at the Poly, but this is the time to do it, probably never again, and well even if we are not traveling in the "year of Dreams", it's still a dream resort in a dream vacation...now just to make it a reality

Love to hear (I know you don't want to hear it, but) when you get back from the POP how it was, and thanks for the I've done the whole TS thing with little kids and that it was a nice break for you.

I keep trying to tell myself in this year's planning, it's NOT how much we do, BUT what we do! Right? Agree?

Thanks and keep reading as I will with yours

mousescrapper

Last edited by mousescrapper; 08-13-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #8
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Great start!!I wonder how long this report could become over the next 9 mths? I am along for the ride!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #9
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Great start!!I wonder how long this report could become over the next 9 mths? I am along for the ride!!!
It will be fun to find out.

I need something to fill my time until:
we have our deposit $ and make the ressie
Dec and the great ADR call
the under 90 day mark....
the fantastic under 30 day mark!
till I'm packing
We are on the plane...YEAH!

Keep with me I'll be sure to keep it fun and interesting.

AND THANK YOU FOR posting...love to see it, makes me feel

mousescrapper and family

Last edited by mousescrapper; 08-08-2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: smileys and typo
Old 08-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi, mousescrapper!

Wow! Ten long calendar months until your departure date....

This isn't a PTR, this is a pregnancy!!

So, Hi There! We've met through PMs, but this is my first (of many, I hope) visits to your pre-trip report. I remember the days when this board only had the reports from those who had returned from their trips and all we could do was live vicariously through them until our own trip dates arrived.

Now, we have a place where we can have fun passing the time together, sharing tips and plans! I'm glad that I'm getting in on your adventure from the beginning.

Kathy
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #11
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=KathyRN137;20195676]Wow! Ten long calendar months until your departure date....

This isn't a PTR, this is a pregnancy!!

Thanks, Kathy
I've done that already 3 times and once was with twins....this is more fun than a pregnancy...

NO mood swings...ok that might not be true

Thanks for checking in and glad you are aboard too!

Mousescrapper
Old 08-10-2007, 12:15 AM   #12
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

HI!! Yes I agree this will be much easier than pregnancy.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #13
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Lightbulb Post #3 BIG IDEA: May the Force be with YOU!

Ok, DS 8, DH and DM are most excited we will be at the World for Star Wars Weekends.

Which helps in the touring plans of doing MGM on Friday (our 2nd day).

Read up on all that is included or hopefully done on these days. DM would most get a kick out of meeting some real actors.

DS and DD 8 also want to try and do the Jedi Training Acadamy...our young padawan learners. DD wants to know if she'll fight a real person or a dummy? I said I think it's just practicing yeilding a light saber.

Autographs, pictures and of course the ulimate Jedi the Big guy Mickey Mouse will be so Cool

Star Tours is another of DH's favorites rides, so this just is icing on the cake.

We figure to go right over to the Star Tours area as soon as we arrive in the park, hopefully right at the opening as we should be rearing to go on the first full day of Magic

Now for ADVICE:

Has anyone been there at this time and done or seen some of the fun extras?

How hard is it to have your kids involved in the Jedi Trianing?

The little (or is it big) parade they do that doesn't trump the afternoon Block Party Bash one (Motor Cars will be gone when were there)?

If we mainly want to ride the ride, do training, see some characters and MM is about an hour to hour and half a good time frame to judge how long we'll spend in that area?
(I'm going to try and get a ADR at H & V the character meal with Playhouse Disney around 11:20/11:40, still squeeze in 1 to 2 other rides before and then after lunch get a seat for the 3:00 parade) We can always go back too...

Well that's it for now mommy duties await me. and more

BTW when DD and DS where just 6 mo their first Halloween DH and I made homemade Luke and Lei costumes for them. Lei had the hair buns of course (half a styroform circle with brown yarn on it attached to a felt ribbon) and Luke had a mini light saber...if I ever can figure out how to post pics I'll do that one.

Mousescrappper

Last edited by mousescrapper; 08-13-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #14
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

mousescrapper,

Good Morning!

I haven't done Star Wars Weekend, but my DIS-friend, Halloweenqueen, has! She wrote about it in her last report: Groovin' at Grumpy's Grotto!

That reminds me, I have to PM her...she just came home from the hospital....

Kathy
Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #15
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Post #4 We're talking about Disney again??

In the car on the way to IKEA (or Zacchaeus as DD 4 1/2 says )...

Waiting for dinner to be done....

During dinner....

DH "We're talking about Disney again??"

me "Well, um yeah"

DH "Are you going to be like this for the next 10 months?"

me "It's actually only 9 months 3 weeks and a few days..."

DH "Ok, what you got now." You know he really wants to talk about it too....

So YES we are talking about Disney again!

First FYI: to my current PTR readers (and hopefully some new ones ) I've added numbering and attention markers to the top of each new topic post ("borrowed" from reading other TR's) and a growing table of contents on Post #1 so hopefully it will be more helpful as I'm sure this one will be long....

Now some Disney thoughts:

I have a little notebook with Piglet on it one of my favorites! to keep my notes and tips from all you fabolus fellow DISers. I refer to the DIS boards and park maps for my Theme Park Touring Plan (TPTP) ok the kid in me just had to laugh. I anxiously await till Nov. when the 2008 Passporter will be in print. my birthday is only 18 days away, DH says I talk about that alot too...I love to celebrate I hope DM or $ from DMIL will pay for the pre-order for my b-day.

These will be be my trusty tools as we continue forward to the Poly in 08.

In the weeks and months to come look forward to these planning posts:

(August) Celebration Day: We made our ressie...

(September) The Great DDP Debate: Part Two our decision and plan of consumption

(October) Traveling with ADHD and Aspergers: What I've learned so far

(November) TPTP Plan B: Yes, there is no A
(May the Force be with you Plan will be included)

(December) Time to make the ADR's: The Plan, The Call, The Results

(January) Update to the TPTP: our cast's top pic's

(February) Love is in the Air: Sing it baby!

(March) It's under 90 days: time to party!

Update to the TPTP: hmmm....

(April) Is that a bus or a cattle herder?: Things we've learned along the way on this PTR

(May) Under 30 days: Time to start the Packing Lists...ooh I love LISTS

(June) The Final Countdown: 10, 9, 8, 7,.....

(June 4th, 2008) Time for Lift OFF: last post for the PTR

Of course this just is a plan, but hey why not plan for the plan...right????

Of course I'm sure to have some other fun things along the way. Got to keep me on the front page. Continue to keep on trecking along with me and I will with you.

Till then,

mousescrapper

Last edited by mousescrapper; 08-13-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typos, msp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: