Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Shades of Green - Tell Me About Stars and Stripes Tickets, Please!

We're staying at Shades of Green and I wanted to find out about their Stars and Stripes tickets. Are they a better deal than buying regular WDW tickets with hopping and "water parks and more" features? (I know we wouldn't pay sales tax at SOG, but are the Stars and Stripes tickets a better deal than regular WDW tickets?)

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #2
jphilhower
Mouseketeer

With the SOG stars and stripe tickets you have to use them consecutively thats what SOG's ticket agency told us. So if you buy a 10 day ticket you have to use them 10 days straight. That why we didn't buy them when we stayed at SOG in May. We like to take a beach day in the middle of our trip to recharge our batteries.
jphilhower is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
abolanwoski
Not mean, just says what others are thinking!

It really depends how you use them. If you don't park hop, would only use the "and more" feature minimally, and would want to spread just a couple of park days out over a 14 day span, then you'd save money buying regular Disney park tickets.

However, if you park hop, and will go to the parks most days during your stay and consecutively, then it's a great deal (close to 25% cheaper)

For instance, if you buy a 6 day S&S, you have to use it within six days, so if you only go to the parks 4 days, then want to go back on days 8 and 9 after taking a break, you'd need another ticket. That could get expensive.

Have fun!
1999 - Beach Club & Disney Magic
2000, 07, 08 - Disneyland
2003 - Grand Floridian for Halloween
2008 - Disney Magic
2010 - BLT
2011 - Gaylord Palms

DH Me DD6 DD9
abolanwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
stm61
DIS Veteran

we had the stars & stripes tickets last yr. They now allow you an extra day to use your tickets, so if you buy 7 day tickets, you have 8 days to use them. They said it was because of Sea World's free ticket program, they decided to allow the extra day so guests could spend one day at Sea World. They prices were better then the Magic Your Way tickets. They allow unlimited hopping, unlimited water parks, and unlimited Disney Quest admissions.
stm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
micmacmissy
DIS Veteran

And what is Sea World's free ticket program?????
micmacmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're staying at Shades of Green and I wanted to find out about their Stars and Stripes tickets. Are they a better deal than buying regular WDW tickets with hopping and "water parks and more" features? (I know we wouldn't pay sales tax at SOG, but are the Stars and Stripes tickets a better deal than regular WDW tickets?)
From SOG website:

Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Tickets
are available only for guests who are staying at Shades of Green Resort or who are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort or staying at a Resort located on Walt Disney World Resort. Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes offer admission for the specified number of days to the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex (some events require an additional admission charge) with the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day. Some activities or events may be separately priced.

Quote:
For instance, if you buy a 6 day S&S, you have to use it within six days, so if you only go to the parks 4 days, then want to go back on days 8 and 9 after taking a break, you'd need another ticket. That could get expensive.
However if you are not sure how many days you are going to go to the parks you can still get the pass for the amount of days you will be there and not lose a lot of money if you do not use all of the days.
For example if you are going to be there for 10 days and think that you are only going to go to the parks 6 days then you can buy the 6 day pass for $276. But you could also buy the 10 day pass for $283 and if you do not use those extra 4 days you only lose $7.
We always buy for the amount of days we will be there and if we miss one or 2 days no big deal as we would only lose about $4 per pass.

Maine-iac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
heidica
Hooked on Disney! Is there a cure? Never mind I don't want one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmacmissy View Post
And what is Sea World's free ticket program?????
Military can get a free ticket to one of the Anheuser-Busch theme parks.
http://www.herosalute.com/cavatx/index.html
Disney 7 day Cruise Nov 2002 (1st cruise ever )

heidica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #8
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

They are allowing an extra day with the Stars and Stripes now. You have 11 days to use a 10 day pass.

What I like about them is the flexibility. We like to visit the Water Parks in the morning and Parks in the afternoon. Also we like to do DQ only for a couple of hours at a time. With the SandS we have unlimited visits to all the minor parks (water, DQ, and mini-golf) during the length of the ticket. It is like a short term PAP. And for 10 days it is only around $287.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
suevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #9
honey11dog
Live in Florida, but my heart and home is with LSU!!

We always like to park hop and visit the waterparks too. In the past we have always purchased the Disney Magic Your Way with P/H and plus options at the military rate. Honestly, after really comparing the tickets, I feel like a fool. The Stars and Stripes tickets are a much better deal. Plus you do not need to keep up with how many options you have left. Last trip, my kids wanted to go to Disney Quest a few times, but we had already run out of our plus options. Not long ago I mentioned this ticket option and someone who works at the Disney ticket office told me this is absolutely the best ticket option out there. That is if you are not wishing to have non-expiring tickets. We will be buying S&S tickets on our next trip! I can't wait to enjoy the flexibility and cheaper price. And the difference in price between say 8 and 9 days is only $6 for 2 Adults and 2 Children. So, it is not a big deal to get enough days for your whole stay and still go to Sea World one day.
2000 off site - 1st trip for son
6/04, 6/06, 6/08, 9/08 1/09, 3/09- Shades of Green
6/09 - Fort Wilderness, 7/09 Poly, 9/09 Bay Lake, 11/09 All Star, 6/10 Beach Club
3/2011 First Disney Cruise!
honey11dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: