Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Tinkgurl goes "home" to NeverNeverLand...Update 11-9! *End*

Well...here it goes...my first try at a trip report. I've read and learned from the very best on here so I hope to make them proud! I'll start this report with a pre-report to fill everyone in on who the cast is and all that fun stuff! I just got home from the trip yesterday so I haven't had time to put the pics up on the computer yet, but they'll be coming!

Me a.k.a. Tinkgurl I've been a Disney girl from the moment I was born! I love Disney so much I even got a Tinkerbell tattoo in June! I've also been lucky enough to be going to WDW since I was 3. On the last day of my very first trip when I was 3, my mom said I cried so hard because I wanted to live with Cinderella in the castle and never leave. Sadly enough, I still cry on the last day of each trip. Only this time, it also follows with a very hard post-Disney depression that I can only overcome with the help of y'all. I'll be finishing up my Associate's Degree this fall and can't wait!

My man -I'll refer to him as B.F. This guy has been my other half for five years now abd has been there for me through some really hard times in my life. This is his 3rd time going to the "world" and I loved being the one to introduce him to the place. He didn't understand my love for WDW the first time we went because it was overwhelming for him, but these past two trips he's starting to catch on.

My sis My younger sister also loves WDW, but I think I'm the more obsessed one with it . She's growing up way too fast and I don't like it! As we've gotten older, we've become more as best friends than sisters. Next year, she's getting to bring her man for the first time.

Mom and Dad Yes I still go to WDW with my parents. They love the place as much as I do and it really is the only time we spend a lot of time together as a family. Plus, I know they love acting like a little kid again the second we get there.

Dates: arrive on July 18th, 2007 and leave on July 29th, 2007
Resort: our "home" is the Villas at WL.....which may be changing- info. later in report

I hope that's a good start to the report. I'm hoping to have a chance to get the pics up on here tomorrow or so. I also need to start the dreadful unpacking. Hope y'all become fans!

Last edited by tinkgurl; 11-09-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Shyest99
Earning My Ears

Excited to read the rest! Keep it coming!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
tinkgurl

Here's all of us by our Vacation Club Mickey!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #4
tink25
Unashamed Blockhead

So excited to read! Great pic! I'm assuming you're the one in the sunglasses?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink25 View Post
So excited to read! Great pic! I'm assuming you're the one in the sunglasses?
Yep that's me
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Ok I'm on board.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
sharonW
DIS Veteran

I'm on board as well, tink! Can't wait to hear it all!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I love jumping onto new TRs! You're family looks really cute so I look forward to more!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #9
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Can't wait to hear about your trip!!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
tinkgurl

Okay quick question to anybody who can help: how can I add to the title to tell I've made an update?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #11
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i'm here!

by the way, to update your title just click on the edit button of your first post, then click "go advanced." when you do that, your title bar will come up and you can edit it.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #12
tinkgurl

Okay, I should let y'all know that we left home July 16th but didn't get to WDW until July 18th. Here's a quick look at what we did the two days traveling: the 16th we left home and drove to Nashville, TN. We have 5 of us to a room so we got to stay at this really nice hotel that had suites so the B.F. and I had our own pull-out couch to sleep on. We went to the Opryland Mall and shopped and ate at Rainforest Cafe.

Then we went back to the room and watched Extreme Makeover and the couple got surprised with a wedding at the Wedding Pavillion at the GF! We woke up the 17th and drove to Gainesville, FL. We had used so many points at Holiday Inn that we got to stay at this one for free! We ate at Red Lobster and shopped around at the mall to waste time. Then, we went to Walgreens and got some stuff we needed for WDW. I couldn't sleep that night! I was too excited because I knew where we were going the next day! We woke up around 6 am and ate at Bob Evans in Ocala, FL. We got to WL around 9:30 or so! First Disney bus we saw!

Next post, I will start the real trip report! Just wanted to fill everyone in on what happened before we got there!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #13
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
the 16th we left home and drove to Nashville, TN. We have 5 of us to a room so we got to stay at this really nice hotel that had suites so the B.F. and I had our own pull-out couch to sleep on. We went to the Opryland Mall and shopped and ate at Rainforest Cafe.
i was just standing in that very spot a couple weeks before you!!! i grew up in nashville and i go there a lot to visit my family. i met my dad at rainforest cafe for lunch one day at opry mills.....nifty! how did you like nashville? i love it because it's not too big and not too small.

can't wait for more!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #14
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Cannot wait to read more...we just came back Friday and my DD is asking can we go back Friday...so hard to leave Disney. Thankfully we have another trip coming up.

You have a very good looking family. Keep the pictures coming!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 08-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #15
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i was just standing in that very spot a couple weeks before you!!! i grew up in nashville and i go there a lot to visit my family. i met my dad at rainforest cafe for lunch one day at opry mills.....nifty! how did you like nashville? i love it because it's not too big and not too small.

can't wait for more!
That is crazy we were in the same spot! We always stop at Nashville on the way down every year! I've only been in that area but, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
Cannot wait to read more...we just came back Friday and my DD is asking can we go back Friday...so hard to leave Disney. Thankfully we have another trip coming up.

You have a very good looking family. Keep the pictures coming!
It IS so hard to leave!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: