Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #331
Jazzheffa
Earning My Ears

*bump*

I wish I had that Disney feeling at work.
Jazzheffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #332
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Well I was hoping that I'd be able to add to this thread. We ordered a cake through vacation planning to be delivered to our room last night on my son's tenth birthday so it would be here after dinner. We got back and no cake I thought it might have been because we had to switch rooms (our first one had a PacknPlay that was soaked in urine and the closet stunk) but no....they never put in he order they are going to try to do something today but the surprise was ruined and we have the Halloween party tomorrow night and the fantastic buffet on Saturday. I can't see how they can possibly get this sorted out by tonight. It is very disappointing.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #333
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZue
Well I was hoping that I'd be able to add to this thread. We ordered a cake through vacation planning to be delivered to our room last night on my son's tenth birthday so it would be here after dinner. We got back and no cake I thought it might have been because we had to switch rooms (our first one had a PacknPlay that was soaked in urine and the closet stunk) but no....they never put in he order they are going to try to do something today but the surprise was ruined and we have the Halloween party tomorrow night and the fantastic buffet on Saturday. I can't see how they can possibly get this sorted out by tonight. It is very disappointing.
I'm sorry! How frustrating and disappointing for your son! Let us know how it turns out!

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #334
mummabear
DIS Veteran

mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #335
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Update! They found the cake!!! For some reason goofy's kitchen had it even though I've got two emails asking it to be delivered to our room. The restaurant said nothing yesterday about that. It's on it's way now

Old 09-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #336
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Update! They found the cake!!! For some reason goofy's kitchen had it even though I've got two emails asking it to be delivered to our room. The restaurant said nothing yesterday about that. It's on it's way now
Just curious, are they not charging you or giving you something? I work in the hospitality industry and not having a 10 year old's birthday cake ready when it was supposed to is a big deal. I'm so glad you're getting it!

Old 09-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #337
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Well I know we aren't getting anything and I have no idea if we will be charged. I was honestly a little surprised they didn't offer anything but I had no desire to have a tantrum at them in the hopes of them giving me stuff. It's been enough of a pain in the rear changing rooms then playing chase the cake for a day.

Edit: they didn't even being up plates or cutlery with it lol...I had to go pester the coffee shop downstairs. Probably wouldn't recommend getting a cake delivered to a hotel again after all this. Way too much trouble.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #338
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well I know we aren't getting anything and I have no idea if we will be charged. I was honestly a little surprised they didn't offer anything but I had no desire to have a tantrum at them in the hopes of them giving me stuff. It's been enough of a pain in the rear changing rooms then playing chase the cake for a day.

Edit: they didn't even being up plates or cutlery with it lol...I had to go pester the coffee shop downstairs. Probably wouldn't recommend getting a cake delivered to a hotel again after all this. Way too much trouble.
Literally rolling my eyes. That's ridiculous. I'm planning on having a cake for DD's 5th birthday on Christmas Eve--your experience in the middle of the week makes me worried that we won't have any hope! I'm glad it all worked out. I would follow up with customer service to try to get some compensation. How did you like the cake?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #339
lorieintucson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZue View Post

Similar thing happened to us two years ago. Though they charged my husband's card and didnt have the cake to deliver to the GHC room. They sent up a plate of Mickey cookies and milk right as the boys were going to bed. We were going to be there another 4 days, but they just refunded the money instead of offering to get a cake to us the next day. Disappointing, indeed.

I think calling and double checking, then triple checking would be a good idea if ordering for a hotel delivery.
'75-'95 many visits to Disneyland. 9/01 DW offsite.6/1-7/09 DL Grand Calf with my DH & 2 DS, & the Disney passion is reignited 12/7-12 2009DL Grand Calf Disneyland Hotel 12/18-12/21 Fairfield Inn Marriott 10/10-10/14 Merry Christmas to us and Happy Birthday to me and Walt 12/4-12/7

:

lorieintucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #340
sunshine76
Earning My Ears

I just ordered our 6 inch Cinderella princess cake to be delivered to Big Thunder Ranch BBQ on 11/28/12 for DD's 7th birthday. I hope there are no issues.
sunshine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #341
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! I just got an e-mail back from vacation planning and the Mushu cake is a go.

My e-mail:

My daughter will be turning 16 in the spring, and we’ll be visiting Disneyland Resort to celebrate her special day from April 14th-20th 2013. I would like to have a special dinner with her at Ariel’s Grotto with the princesses, and have a custom cake made and delivered after dinner. Her favorite Disney movie is Mulan, and her favorite character is Mushu, so I would like to see if it’s possible to have a Mushu cake made for her. I know that it’s possible at Disney World, as I had originally planned to take her there for her birthday and had already looked into that, but she asked to go to Disneyland instead as it is her favorite park of all of the Disney resorts. I looked into the cake options on the website, but it just doesn’t seem as detailed as the WDW site. What I would like is an 8in white cake with buttercream filling and fondant covering in red and orange with Mushu and some other small details from the movie and “Happy Sweet 16 Emma” on top. Please let me know if this is possible and who I can talk to in order to discuss design elements and pricing. Thanks so much for your help, have a great day!

Their response:

Thank you for your e-mail.
This is definitely something we can do for your Daughter and sounds like a lot of fun! Please give us a call at your earliest convenience at (714) 300-7526, Option 2 and anyone in our office can help you discuss the details of this custom made cake.

So it can be done, I'm so excited! I told her that Disneyland doesn't have the ability to do custom cakes like WDW does, so it will be a total surprise. And if it doesn't go as planned she won't know the difference.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #342
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Here is the cake! It was really good even if it was fashionably late and hung out at Goofy's Kitchen for a night

Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #343
lurpee
Mouseketeer

That's awesome! I hope he still had a good birthday!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #344
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine76
I just ordered our 6 inch Cinderella princess cake to be delivered to Big Thunder Ranch BBQ on 11/28/12 for DD's 7th birthday. I hope there are no issues.
Pls post back here to let us know how it goes. We'll be celebrating eldest DD's 16th b'day in DL & she's a HUGE NBC fan, so am hoping to get her a Jack Skellington Themed Cake while we're there from the 8-13 Dec. Any suggestions as to which restaurant we should do this at? Is it any better/different whether it's in the parks or at a resort?

Loving the DISBoards App on my iPhone 😃😃📱

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #345
melancholywings
How do you prepare for a bank full of nuns?
'I'm thinking of a disney character'

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKristin View Post
I want THIS cake!!!

I want to order this cake for my daughter too. But it looks slightly more complex than some of the other cakes...is it because it's 10inches?
melancholywings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: