Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #16
zakasmom
Earning My Ears

How do i go about doing somethin special for my hubby. He will be celebrating his 35th B-day there and we are driving from Texas to Anaheim on our 11th wedding anniversary. I would really like to have something special planned. just some info we will also have DD (22mos) and DS 5yrs with us.

TIA

Jenn
zakasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #17
Anater
Mouseketeer

Who was the contact department for this beautiful cake? PP Room service or Vacation Planning? I have called Vacation Planning to discuss ideas for my son's 4th birthday at DLH and they have been great giving me different ideas. They mentioned that I can special order a cake; did Disney come up with this design or did the person who ordered it tell them what to make? Also, was this served at a restaurant or was it delivered to your room? I have gone back and forth with just having a slice of cake served at Goofy's Kitchen with a candle but after seeing this stunning cake I am leaning towards a special order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Here is the cake I got for my birthday at the Paradise Pier hotel. It was a marble cake with fresh strawberries & cream in the middle with a chocolate ganche frosting. It was great! It had chocolate covered strawberries & a chocolate mickey on the front and those are strawberry waffer sticks on the side.

Anater is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #18
victorandbellasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Here is the cake I got for my birthday at the Paradise Pier hotel. It was a marble cake with fresh strawberries & cream in the middle with a chocolate ganche frosting. It was great! It had chocolate covered strawberries & a chocolate mickey on the front and those are strawberry waffer sticks on the side.

MamaKate, was it as delicious as it looks? We'll be celebrating dh's bday on our next trip and would love to order a cake like that. Do you recall the price and did you call vacation planning?
victorandbellasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #19
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

I would also like to know the scoop on the cake....how much did it cost and did they come up with the decorations or did you specify?
Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:26 AM   #20
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Looks like the birthday pic you were kind of enough to share has kicked this little thread back up to the top. I can't wait to see other pictures. The birthday is really cute. I really like the addition of the mickey, and all the extra details. This is why I thought this thread would help some of us who will be coming soon get some new, and different ideas on what we can do to add more magic to the already happiest place on earth. Look forward to reading, and seeing others who have celebrated a birthday, or event, or even who just decided to add more magic to their vacation.
Lostgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #21
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Thanks everyone for the comments on the cake photo ,

The cake was ordered through Vacation Planning along with a gift basket, but for some reason I didn't take a picture of the gift basket .

They had several options available. They were able to fax a list to me with all the flavors, sizes and themes available. The one I ordered was the smallest available (I think it was 6") so the decorations were limited. We didn't request anything special except for the cake flavor and let them design it however they thought was best.

For cakes 10" and over, there were several themes and character decorations available, but we were only a family of 4 so it would've been too much cake for us. But all the rooms do have refrigerators so if you do get a bigger cake, at least it won't go bad.

I don't remember the exact cost but I think it was around $40 plus a delivery fee similiar to room service charge.

This service is available at all 3 of the hotels. I had ordered a Little Mermaid cake for my daughter at the Disneyland Hotel and a Buzz Lightyear cake for my son at the Grand Californian, but these were both about 5-6 years ago so I don't have any pictures. But the option is available at all of the hotels.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #22
victorandbellasmom
DIS Veteran

MamaKate, thank you so much. I'm going to email vacation planning today.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #23
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

I just emailed VP....whoever hears back first, please post here what you found out.

That cake looks totally yummy!
Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #24
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Bumping up this thread. Many people are now looking at wanting special things for their trip to Disneyland. If anyone has ANY pics of special things you have arranged/ and/ or, pics of things Disneyland Hotels have given you during your stay please share them if you will. I think this thread would turn out to be a really nice one. I know the WDW section has an awesome WDW cake thread, but you hardly here anything on Disneyland, so if anyone has some to share lets see if we can shine some spotlight on some of the Magical Creations brought to life by the Disneyland crew.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #25
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
I just emailed VP....whoever hears back first, please post here what you found out.

That cake looks totally yummy!
I too would like to e-mail them. Where did you get an e-mail addy for them?

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #26
6ofus2
Mouseketeer

On our Dec trip we are celebrating two birthdays, so I'm interested in more info as well!
Disneyland December 2005
Disneyland December 2010
Disneyland January 2013
Disneyworld April 2014

6ofus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #27
victorandbellasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I too would like to e-mail them. Where did you get an e-mail addy for them?
VP's email address is vacationplanning@disneyonline.com
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #28
victorandbellasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirlz View Post
If anyone has ANY pics of special things you have arranged/ and/ or, pics of things Disneyland Hotels have given you during your stay please share them if you will.

Here's a couple baskets we got for the kids during one of our stay as well as some snacks we ordered through VP.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #29
lisadoll93
DIS Veteran

Which baskets are those? If you dont mind me asking how much? What exactly was in them?

thanks.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #30
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

gThose are TOO cute. I loved the girls basket. I also loved seeing all the treats you planned. The cookies, and milk was a great pic, and I am sure everyone will greatly appriciate that since it has been a topic on the board about ordering things in room like that. The milk and cookie package is pricey, but now that there is a pic we can see what we are getting for that price, and it's pretty darn cute even if it is 2 cookies, and milk at that price the cute factor, and looks on faces will make up for that. Thank you so much for sharing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: