Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #196
DoOverDreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by syko View Post
DoOverDreams, You can have the cake delivered to you hotel room.....thats what we did.
Thanks. I really really wanted it at the Blue Bayou! We've got dinner there next Friday night (12 people) and everyone is expecting a cake! And to make matters worse, I called Disney Dining today and found out you can't even pick up a cake and bring it with you! You're not allowed to do that.

I was going to order a cake from the Vacation Planner guys, have it delivered to the hotel, and my DH was going to sneak back and pick it up and hand deliver to the restaurant. But Disney Dining said I can't do that. We're not allowed to take a cake in to the park.

Now I don't know what to do. I really wanted to make this special for the DS's BD. I don't know why, but right now I'm so upset I could cry.

It's so much easier at WDW!
DoOverDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #197
StitchFan1973
What's your badness level?

Sorry, I don't have pictures to post yet, but we just came back from celebrating DD12's birthday at DLR. We went to PCH Grill on her birthday and I had called ahead and ordered a cake. She chose choclate cake, whipped cream filling, and chocolate ganache. We also ordered 5 of the sugar characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto). The cake was decorated really beautifully, and actually cost less than what they told me on the phone. It was a 10" cake. I was charged $23.50 for the cake and they only charged for 4 of the figures @ $4.50 each, plus we got the AP discount. Definitely worth it. It was a very moist cake and had good flavor.

P.S. for what it's worth, when I called to order the cake, they gave several more options for the sugar figurines (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and the Castle).

I will post pictures as soon as I can.
StitchFan1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #198
Winks At Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchFan1973 View Post
Sorry, I don't have pictures to post yet, but we just came back from celebrating DD12's birthday at DLR. We went to PCH Grill on her birthday and I had called ahead and ordered a cake. She chose choclate cake, whipped cream filling, and chocolate ganache. We also ordered 5 of the sugar characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto). The cake was decorated really beautifully, and actually cost less than what they told me on the phone. It was a 10" cake. I was charged $23.50 for the cake and they only charged for 4 of the figures @ $4.50 each, plus we got the AP discount. Definitely worth it. It was a very moist cake and had good flavor.

P.S. for what it's worth, when I called to order the cake, they gave several more options for the sugar figurines (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and the Castle).

I will post pictures as soon as I can.
oh, please do post pictures. my son and his half sister birthday is in november and this would be a perfect gift for them .. one cake friday and another on sunday
Winks At Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #199
blue donkey
Mouseketeer

woo-hoo! ap discounts for the cakes too.

i just love this thread!

Dec. '08 GCH @ DLR

Apr. '08 GCH @ DLR

Dec. '07 DLH @ DLR

Apr. '07 Hilton @ TDR

Dec. '06 PPH @ DLR
Apr. '06 PP @ DLR
Oct. '05 Poly @ WDW
blue donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #200
StitchFan1973
What's your badness level?

Here's the pictures of my DS12's birthday cake from October. We were all really happy with how it turned out.

Last edited by StitchFan1973; 11-07-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Adjust picture size
StitchFan1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #201
bonita_babe232
Someone tell me something cute to say
i need my disney fix!

Why is pluto in color but rest not????? i like them in color better!!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #202
Belle_Beauty
Earning My Ears

We celebrated my birthday at Goofy's Kitchen on Sunday and this was my cake.

I just had to have Jack Skellington on it! I LOVED it!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:57 AM   #203
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Cool cake Belle Beauty!
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #204
Echie
Mouseketeer

I know this thread is old, but since it was linked in the other thread about cakes, I looked through all the pages and just wanted to say that WOW some amazing cakes, and a giant thank you to everyone who posted pictures of their cakes and baskets! This has been so helpful!
Echie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #205
Skippy24
Mouseketeer

I emailed VP about ordering a b-day cake for my room and I was told that I had to contact the d-land hotel or disney dining. Has something changed? Thanks for your help.

Sept/Oct 2007 Beach Club
Nov 2005 Beach Club
Nov 2003 Beach Club[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Skippy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #206
Echie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy24 View Post
I emailed VP about ordering a b-day cake for my room and I was told that I had to contact the d-land hotel or disney dining. Has something changed? Thanks for your help.
Weird... I e-mailed VP as well asking for their current cake lists and they e-mailed that to me and said to call them when I'm ready to order.

I just phoned to order, 714-300-7526 and it went totally smoothly! They were able to do everything over the phone for me! I'd just try phoning the VP number as well.
Echie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #207
romymichelle21
Why should I sail with any of you? Four of you have tried to kill me in the past... one of you succeeded.

This is a rather long thread and I can't possibly read all of it so I was wondering if anyone knows of a website, or bunch of pictures somewhere, of all the cake and birthday options available currently? I know they added quite a few new things for the "Celebration" theme this year, and I recall seeing a list of those somewhere. If you call, is there info w/pictures they can email you?

We're going for DB's birthday later this month and I'd be interested in getting him a small cake if they're not too expensive! (We're staying at PP). I'd just be wary of ordering something without seeing it first.

= Me (Heidi) = DB (Will) = Both of us at DL! *Our adventures*
romymichelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #208
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

No, there are no sites dedicated to what they have to order. You can see some here. Prices will vary based on size, and how detailed, or edible image. I have never ordered through vaca planners I just call straight to GCH, and collaborate with the pastry chef. I have stayed at DLH both times, and never had an issue ordering from the grand. They have went way above what I expected my cake to be the details have been awesome.
Lostgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #209
kjh73
Mouseketeer

I'm really glad I found this thread...we are hoping to be at DL in May for my son's birthday....I will be ordering a cake for sure!!
kjh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #210
Skippy24
Mouseketeer

I ended up calling and I was transfered to the Disneyland hotel room service line and they took my cake order. So it all worked out. Thanks for your help!

Sept/Oct 2007 Beach Club
Nov 2005 Beach Club
Nov 2003 Beach Club[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Skippy24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: