Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
ELLE-TN
DIS Veteran

Suggestions For Football Players Survival Kit Needed

I Am Trying To Put Together A Survival Kit For 70 Middle School Football Players To Be Distributed By The Cheerleaders...please Add Any Suggestions.

1. Eraser - To Remind You That Mistakes Happen
2. Puzzle Piece - To Remind You That Each Player Is
An Important Part Of The Team.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
tink2dw
Pixie Dust or Bust!!
~~~*~~~

Location: Earth From Drizzling Rain to Blazing Sun! With towering wind storms!!

Gatorade - to remember to stay in top physical playing condition by getting enough sleep, eating healthy and staying hydrated.

Water - to stay hydrated

Growing Up A.D.D. <- Dd's illustrated blog (a humorous look at growing up with ADD.)
Sea World-Jan 24, 2008 ~ DL & DCA-Jan 25-31 2008
Relaxed Ride, on Disneyland Express Bus to LAX
DL & DCA-May 6-11, 2006
DL & DCA-Jan.1-7, 2003
WDW-Mar-18-Apr-7, 2001
DL April 1991, April 1992, May 1994
WDW-Jan 30-Feb 4,1989
tink2dw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

How about those googly eye glasses to remind them to have fun!
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:42 AM   #4
momxx5
DIS Veteran

Maybe a bandaid to use when.....trying to think of something that doesn't sound like "hurt",??

A pkg of livesavers to show that they all work together or even a rubber band to hold together when times get tough

A #1 sticker to show they are, well #1

Okay......now to play the bad guy. While I think its a great idea to do this....70+ kids is a lot. As a mom of 2 middle school football players, I know they would appreciate it, but the next moment forget about it. Sorry its kinda a reality.

I would suggest a breakfast or cookout after practice. The boys will definately love the food and thought. The cheer team can serve them.
Fun for all.
momxx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
ELLE-TN
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the suggestions and please keep them coming.

No I don't think that it will be too expensive we have 14 cheerleaders who will each help contribute. The girls are excited about supporting the team. School morale/pride has not been a top priority in many years so we are on a mission to raise it. Starting with the first game ( which happens to be first of school )

Oh, I forgot to mention we are planning a bonfire/cookout too.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
Crazy4mandms
Addicted to WDW and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momxx5 View Post
Okay......now to play the bad guy. While I think its a great idea to do this....70+ kids is a lot. As a mom of 2 middle school football players, I know they would appreciate it, but the next moment forget about it. Sorry its kinda a reality.

I would suggest a breakfast or cookout after practice. The boys will definately love the food and thought. The cheer team can serve them.
Fun for all.
I'm with you. My son has been playing since 7th grade (now a sophmore)..he and his buddies would think it was kinda...oh well-ish.....I'm also a ms teacher and boys that age aren't really into that stuff...now a cookout where the cheerleaders and other supporters made a big deal over the whole team would be really kewl...or a ms dance in their honor...even some sort of 'parade' down the school hallways! teen boys thrive on that kind of attention....If you want to stick with buying items then maybe think they would love some sort of speciality t-shirts...even ball caps with the football logo on them...attach a mini $100,000 dollar candy bar and tell them their worth $100 grand!! ..prob would cost a little more though. Hope I'm not sounding critical....just trying to offer suggestions that would help out since I'm sort of familiar with that age of boys. Hope this helps!
Around the World Life Tour In Progress!!! '03 ASSp ~~~ '04 POFQ ~~~ '06 CS ~~~ '07 SS ~~~07 ASMo ~~ Y.E.S trip w/19 middle school students ASMu ~~~ 07 Pop ~~~ '08 OKW ~~~09 BCV/AK Romantic Getaway with 1st-Timer Incredible DH! HE PROPOSED IN CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!! ~~~ '10 Special mom/son trip AKV/POR w/ DS and family trip to US/IOA HRH ~~~ '11 CBR ~~~'11 1 yr anniv trip w/ DH BLT ~~~'12 AoA Nemo + 1 night 2nd anniv at Poly~~~12' Girls Only Trip offsite~~~'14 - AP HOLDER - CAN'T STOP THE MADNESS!!
Crazy4mandms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
formernyer
DIS Veteran

I agree with the previous posters. Boys that age won't really appreciate the "cute" gestures. They'd rather something to eat and drink.
September 2007 POP Century
formernyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
feedindy
Mouseketeer

Kudos (granola bars) to you for everything you do!
PayDay candy bars-to remind you that your hard work will all pay off in the end.
Peppermint-to remind you of your committ"mint" to your team
Tootsie Roll because each of you has a special role (or to help you roll with the punches)
Bubble gum-Remember to stick together all season long!
Laffy Taffy-Whatever happens, keep your sense of humor and remember to have fun!
Nutrageous-to remind you that's okay to get a little nutty now and then.
Fireball to help you warm up before the game
Starburst for a burst of energy just when you need it
Hugs and Kisses from your biggest fans

I think food would be more meaningful to this age group than just a collection of stuff so that's what I went with in my suggestions. You can find most of those in big bulk bags and put 1 of each into the boys kit. Have fun!

Stacia, age 10
Brenia, age 5
Lorelai, age 2

Offsite: 1982, 1990, 1992
First Trip with Kids (offsite): April 2004
All-Star Music: November 2004 (Thanks, Mom!)
All-Star Movies: October 2008
feedindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
Toby'sFriend
The thing about growing up with Fred and George is that you start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

I agree with the others. I have a 14 year old boy and to put it in the words of Hermione Granger "They have the emotional range of a teaspoon." Adolescent boys just don't do cute gift bags. If you really want a survival kit, water bottles, an energy bar, and some candy and they'll love you to death.

I think the girls will probably really enjoy putting the bags together -- and the boys will be like 'huh?"

I'd keep the cost really low and concentrate on the cookout however. No way would I let the girls serve the boys however ..... 50/50 and as the Mother of 3 sons, I expect nothing less.
Toby'sFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
formernyer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedindy View Post
Kudos (granola bars) to you for everything you do!
PayDay candy bars-to remind you that your hard work will all pay off in the end.
Peppermint-to remind you of your committ"mint" to your team
Tootsie Roll because each of you has a special role (or to help you roll with the punches)
Bubble gum-Remember to stick together all season long!
Laffy Taffy-Whatever happens, keep your sense of humor and remember to have fun!
Nutrageous-to remind you that's okay to get a little nutty now and then.
Fireball to help you warm up before the game
Starburst for a burst of energy just when you need it
Hugs and Kisses from your biggest fans

I think food would be more meaningful to this age group than just a collection of stuff so that's what I went with in my suggestions. You can find most of those in big bulk bags and put 1 of each into the boys kit. Have fun!

I agree 100% with everything in this post!
September 2007 POP Century
formernyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
ELLE-TN
DIS Veteran

I too agree with this poster ...this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch! You've been very helpful.

I am the mother of a teen age son and am around his friends quite often and would have to disagree with other posters who thought that their kids would not be too impressed with this ... We don't live in the big city where kids seem to grow up too fast - we live in a small town. Our middle school consists of around 700 kids grade 6-8! Being singled out to receive a goody bag will thrill these kids. We are planning to do this the entire school year to recognize and encourage all team sports during the appropriate seasons. Most will be awarded during pep rallies.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: