Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
eepunk
Earning My Ears

Disney World during Spring Break, how crowded is it?

We are considering a trip to Disney World during my kid's spring break (mid March) next year. Are the parks really crowded? Does anyone know how it compares to crowd level in May?
eepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
MinMouse
DIS Veteran

I think the busiest time in the spring are the two weeks surrounding Easter (week before and after Easter). We've been for the week following Easter twice and it is very crowded. We still have a good time. We just go to the parks early to ride, return to the hotel to swim and return to the parks in the evening to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. It was much less crowded when we've been in May.

Been there. Done that. Can't wait to go back!
MinMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
beccasmom
DIS Veteran

Very crowded. So much so that we avoid that time. When we did go (in 2000), the weather was pretty good (chilly in the evenings). But it took us hours to get our room at the CR and the lobby was mobbed with travelers and their bags. I would never advise a first-time visitor to travel at that time. The long lines for everything can be discouraging. We had a good time (we are veteran WDW'ers!!), but we shared it with many other folks!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
mnasmom3
Dear mnasmom3,
You are not tagless
Sincerely,
The Snarky Purple Fairy

oh yes...way crowded. If you can do May instead, I'd recommend that time. Friends of ours were actually turned away from MK on Easter day some years back because they were at capacity.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
bgbodnar
Mouseketeer

When my kids were growing up, we went Spring Break every other year, and it is crowed, but that was the only time we could with school (summer too hot)...but I would rather go when it crowed then not go.
Sept 2006 Pop Century-March 2007 Off-Site
August 2007 All Star Music
Sept 2007 Pop Century
Feb 2008 Downtown Disney Trip
May 2008 Pirates & Princess Party
July 2008 off-site DTD trip
Sept 2008 Pop Century
Oct 2008 Cocoa Beach-DTD
Nov 2008 All Star Music
July 2009 off site DTD trip
Sept 2010 Pop Century
bgbodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
Imgoingwdw
Earning My Ears

Since Easter is so early this year. How do you think the first week of April will be. Do you think it would be any worse than July or August. According to Disney's calendar the first week of April is classified as a wonderful week of Disney, isn't that supposed to me lower crowds?
Imgoingwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #7
ajtux
Earning My Ears

We go the 1st of March for 2 weeks....what should we expect?
ajtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
TMB1203
DIS Veteran

UGH, it is crowded!
The weather was great, but the lines were insane!

I am still trying to find the "perfect time" to go (I know anytime at WDW is perfect)
We usually went in the summer, but I decided it was too hot...we went in March...too crowded...we went in Feb...this was perfect...now we are going in Nov...we'll see how early Nov rates
Right now Feb has my vote.
TMB1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #9
ajtux
Earning My Ears

Oh, say it ain't so. The first 2 weeks were crowded? Birnbaum's says the third week is the crowded week. I figure where Easter is at the end of March going at the beginning would beat the crowds. We can only hope.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
nitaworm
Earning My Ears

Disney for March...

I went in March and yes it is crowded but I heard it is even more crowded in the summer time. Since you are going to be there 2 weeks pace yourself, even stay at the beach a couple of days so you can truly relax. I prefer going the week before Thanksgiving and staying through Thanksgiving week because you get 2 holiday's for the price of one. Wonderful Thanksgiving dinner's and holiday decorations, parade's and cheer.
nitaworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
thejackattack21
Mouseketeer

I have no idea when Easter is this year, but that week is EXTREMELY crowded (as much so as peak times during the summer). The week before and after is pretty bad too. Any other time in the spring is more crowded then, say, February, but not nearly as bad as June or July (plus, the weather's beautiful).

As for May, late May is starting to get crowded (Florida schools normally get out for the summer around May 21st, and Memorial Day Weekend is VERY crowded), but early May (the first week or so) has nice weather and isn't very crowded.
thejackattack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepunk View Post
We are considering a trip to Disney World during my kid's spring break (mid March) next year. Are the parks really crowded? Does anyone know how it compares to crowd level in May?
Well our spring break is usually the first week of March and it never seems TOO crowded. I mean it was less crowded when we went last September the 27th, for example. But no ride ( well okay, maybe Soarin' and Expedition Everest last year, but they were NEW rides ) had a wait of more than 30 minutes. And with fast pass you're laughing.
xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #13
ajtux
Earning My Ears

x, I like your answer, I can put up with lines. I just don't want to be part of a Packed house. 30 minutes and good weather will suit us just fine.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #14
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtux View Post
x, I like your answer, I can put up with lines. I just don't want to be part of a Packed house. 30 minutes and good weather will suit us just fine.
Well actually you might find that towards the 10th there, it starts to get crowded. Typically we're leaving by then, but I have noticed that it starts to get pretty crowded somewhere into the second week.

That being said, this will be our 4th trip going in March since 2002, and we've always had nothing but a blast. ( Get a fast pass for Soarin and Everest! )
xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
ajtux
Earning My Ears

WE've been going at various times in the Winter for 5 years now. We bought into the DVC. As long as we have the first week relatively crowd free. I can handle crowds the second week as we would have already done the things we like. Fast Passes are the best.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: