Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #106
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Let me see if I can remember how to do it.

Go to ticker central,

Pick out ticker,

Have your signature page up to edit.

Go to the little mountain looking thing.

Copy and paste. Should work! ?

I think that's what I did anyway.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #107
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

O.K. nevermind!

I see you have it. Good Job!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #108
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
The "what I always forget but try to remember" packing list

Ok..so here it goes.
Great list Princess!!

I usually take most those things also...I think I'm a walking drugstore when I go on a trip....I just can't STAND to have to go buy (much less pay for..again) something I need and already had at home

I might get you to e-mail me your other lists so I can get some more ideas....I'm not that organized but definitely need to be....I'm also off work the week before we head to WDW ...so I will definitely have time to pack a LOT....I'm sure my hubby will love that

Hope you are having a good day....and we are under 50 days now 4280466 seconds to be exact
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 10-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #109
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

LettieRN- THanks!! I'm adding those things to my list. Where do you get those cards for kids shoes? That would be GREAT! We have already started talking to our DS about the importance of staying with us at ALL times and that if he did get seperated from us to find a CM (describe what that means) and tell them Mommy's cell phone number is in his shirt. (I usually write it on a sticky label...but I like the card idea better) Hey..nice ticker!!!

ILMICKEY- thanks for your help! Half my signature was suddenly cut off. (I guess it was too long? ) So I had to do some modification..but I CAN'T get rid of my ticker!!!

Vandyfan- Thanks! I LOVE doing lists. NOw, I've now got to get them organized and on the computer. As soon as they happens I will email them to you. (or try to remember to. My mind isn't what it use to be! LOL) I have to work the 5 days leading up to us leaving (including the night before we leave) so I've got to do alot of packing during the day when DS is at school. My husband says we need to rent a uhaul. LOL

I believe we are at 42 days now! I can't wait until this ticker starts counting DAYS instead of MONTHS!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 10-20-2007, 09:16 AM   #110
princess-rn

What to wear....I'm freaking out.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PACK TO WEAR!!

I know we have talked about this already but I'm having issues. So, I thought I had this packing thing figured out. Then I went and searched "what to pack in December" on this board and boom!!!! I was confused. Look, I live in Alabama...I KNOW how crazy southern weather is....but it sounds like the further you go south the MORE crazy it is. We've never been South for December. WEll, other than to New Orleans to visit my husbands family..but by then it's cold there too. I'm reading that it may be 80 degrees during the day at WDW and drop to 40s at night! Wow! DH is planning on wearing shorts and long sleeved tshirts and a hoodie for when the sun goes down. Now, he can wear shorts in the snow. So, hopefully this will work out for him. He refuses to wear jeans when it's hot outside. I think I've decided to wear capri pants. I am still going to bring a few pair of shorts...but mostly capris. It's what I've worn ALL summer here in the 100+ heat of Alabama and they will cover my legs enough to hopefully add some warmth at night. I will layer...tanks with SS shirts or LS shirts and bring my fleece hoodie for night time. Now, question is...what in the world do I pack DS? I guess I could put shorts on him for during the day, if it is warm enough, and carry a pair of jeans in my backpack. (I take a small Vera Bradley back pack into the parks. It's mostly used for carrying our brita watter bottles, hand sani wipes, maps, and DS autograph book and pin)

Ok...so I think I may have developed a plan while writing this post. :rolleyes This is a reason this pretrippie is so awesome. I've been for the past couple of days TRYING to figure out what to do. Little did I know I just needed to and I'd find my way! As always, suggestions are welcome!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #111
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Vandyfan- Thanks! I LOVE doing lists. NOw, I've now got to get them organized and on the computer. As soon as they happens I will email them to you. (or try to remember to. My mind isn't what it use to be! LOL) I have to work the 5 days leading up to us leaving (including the night before we leave) so I've got to do alot of packing during the day when DS is at school. My husband says we need to rent a uhaul. LOL

I believe we are at 42 days now! I can't wait until this ticker starts counting DAYS instead of MONTHS!
Well I'll try and remember to ask you in a few weeks

I think you can e-mail me off this board....but when you get them ready you can send me a PM and I'll send you my e-mail

Yep....48 days or 4189437 seconds

I don't know why I love the seconds....so many more...but they go so fast!!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 10-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #112
princess-rn

Vandy....
I just went to your yearbook link. I lOVE the picture!!! That is just awesome!!!

I've not started counting down by how many "work days" I have before we leave. after today it will be 24!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #113
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Hi Ladies, I have been reading the PTR and love it. I hope you dont mind, but I am a DDaddy (I think the ONLY one) and I am not a nurse. I AM a EMT/volunteer, if that counts? LOL
I love the list, but I did notice you did not have any type of camera, memory card or batteries? I am doing most of our planning because I work offshore and I am off every other week so I have more time to do this as my DW works too.
Looking forward to more list, keep them coming.
Dis Dads Club Dad#16 BushWackers are Baaaaaaack.....a PTR for 1/09 trip
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #114
princess-rn

Welcome DARuss!! DDaddys are ALWAYS welcome!!! So are EMT's. I don't know what I would do without you guys!

My DH is a Louisiana native. (New Orleans actually. Family now lives outside of NO)

The camera is actually on a different list that I have. (yes, I have MANY!) I have never forgotten my camera. (now that I have said that I will this year!!!) I just posted my "most forgotten" list here. Once I get the others together I may post them too!

Suggestions are always welcome!!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #115
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

I am sure that a lot of people do the same, but just in case, last year i brought our laptop with us and uploaded all of the day to the laptop so I would not fill my memory card(I took a BUNCH of pics)
I live outside of the NO area too. About 20 miles N of slidell.
Dis Dads Club Dad#16 BushWackers are Baaaaaaack.....a PTR for 1/09 trip
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 PM   #116
princess-rn

DARuss..That's a great idea!! We take a TON of pics too!!! DH family lives in Slidell!!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #117
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

shoe IDs

gah.. won't let me send a link yet. go to www leaps and bounds . com

i typed in ID shoe and they came right up!

Let me know if they are worth it!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #118
princess-rn

They look awesome! Now, if my son will only leave them on his shoe! He's kinda weird about that sort of stuff. LOL. I think I will buy them just to try them out if nothing else.

thanks!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #119
princess-rn

Ipods??

In an effort to keep DS happy and busy on our long drive to Orlando, we bought him one of the little Ipod shuffles yesterday. My question is this...I don't want him to use the ear bud type headphones that come with the ipod. (I've seen too many reports where these type headphones are more likely to cause hearing loss) Have any of you guys bought different headphones to go into the ipods? I'm going to research this more online..but I thought I'd ask here too!

Thanks!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #120
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In an effort to keep DS happy and busy on our long drive to Orlando, we bought him one of the little Ipod shuffles yesterday. My question is this...I don't want him to use the ear bud type headphones that come with the ipod. (I've seen too many reports where these type headphones are more likely to cause hearing loss) Have any of you guys bought different headphones to go into the ipods? I'm going to research this more online..but I thought I'd ask here too!

Thanks!!!!
I have an ipod shuffle and I just plugged our computer headphones into it and they work fine. We got the computer headphones at Best Buy or someplace like that. They are the "old fashion" walkman type headphones with the black foam around the headphone. Hope that helps. Amy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: