Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #91
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

another ?

Seems like alot of the playhouse disney stuff is in one area in the animal kingdom park. the rooms there are more expensive then other areas. would it make sense to stay at say the POFQ and go back and forth? i hear that it is done by bus..

my thought is this.. if i have to ride a bus to get there anyhow why would i not save $ and stay off site and take the bus there =)

are there alot of areas for preschoolers in all the parks?

ohh here is another question! if we go into one park for the day but then the place we want to eat is in another park can we do that or would we not beable to get in to that park cuz we played in a different park all day. maybe the restaurants are not in the actual parks...

my kids are afraid of anything in a costume (including Santa) so i dont think we want to do a breakfast w/ all the characters walking around but was thinking that a princess would be awesome. is there a meal w/ just a princess instead of the characters like minnie or goofy etc.

ok that is enough for now!

Will check back in a bit!! Thank you so much for all of this!

Lettie
Old 10-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #92
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettie-RN View Post
Seems like alot of the playhouse disney stuff is in one area in the animal kingdom park. the rooms there are more expensive then other areas. would it make sense to stay at say the POFQ and go back and forth? i hear that it is done by bus..

my thought is this.. if i have to ride a bus to get there anyhow why would i not save $ and stay off site and take the bus there =)

are there alot of areas for preschoolers in all the parks?

ohh here is another question! if we go into one park for the day but then the place we want to eat is in another park can we do that or would we not beable to get in to that park cuz we played in a different park all day. maybe the restaurants are not in the actual parks...

my kids are afraid of anything in a costume (including Santa) so i dont think we want to do a breakfast w/ all the characters walking around but was thinking that a princess would be awesome. is there a meal w/ just a princess instead of the characters like minnie or goofy etc.

ok that is enough for now!

Will check back in a bit!! Thank you so much for all of this!

Lettie
Ok..let's see if I can answer some of these.
1. I think alot of the play house disney stuff is actually in MGM. I know there is a play house disney dinner at Hollywood and Vine in MGM and there's bear and the big blue house at MGM. I'm not sure of what PHD stuff is at AK. I could be wrong though. The Animal Kingdom lodge is the resort close to Animal kingdom park. I've never stayed there..but we hope to one day. The price for the room is more expensive b/c it's a deluxe resort. However, it would be NO problem for you to stay at POFQ and take the Disney bus to AKL.
2. Not all off site parks offer the disney transportation buses. If they don't you are left to drive or get a cab to the parks. Then you have to pay for parking etc. WE've never stayed offsite and used the disney transportation..but I've heard on here that the off site buses aren't as efficient as the buses on site. Like I said though, we've never tried it. Try pricing a value resort at disney (All star resorts or POP) and see what you get.
3. On the disney.com web site you can plan and entire vacation around preschoolers. I forget what it's called..but you'll know it when you see it. There is TONS of stuff for the little ones to do.
4. If you want to be able to leave one park and go to another on the same day make sure when you get tickets you get the park hopper option. This is what we do and we LOVE it. We are park hopping crazy people!
5. I'm sure you aren't the first going to disney who's kids are scared of people dress up. I bet you can find a thread on here about that. Luckily I didn't have the problem..but I know alot of people who did. The princess breakfast at the castle is hard to get into..but it can be done. I think there is also one at the Grand Floridian.

I hope I've helped!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2007, 10:41 AM   #93
TammyBell
Mouseketeer

Hello all. Been away for awhile and am trying to catch up on all that I have missed.
Wanted to make a couple of remarks: All of you that travel down 231, make sure you give a "Go Trojans" for me as you go through Troy. We will be making that trip this weekend for the Troy North Texas Homecoming game.

As for driving, we have gone a couple fo different ways and I think (JMHO) htat the turnpike is the quickest. It is a toll road, but doesn't cost that much and saves a little time.

Looking forward to the packing lists. Mine have been done and I am starting my PTR today.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #94
princess-rn

Welcome back Tammybell! I'll be sure to yell "go Trojans" as we pass through Troy. I love that part of 'bama. Have fun at the game!! I have GOt to start on my packing lists! **YIKES**
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 10-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #95
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

Thanks Princess!!

thinking about staying at the Old Key West in a 2 bedroom villa.
I have talked a friend w/ kids near mine to come too!!! So she will suprise her kids at xmas too.
i am so addictive!

now our dilema is this... she doesnt want to get park passes for the 5 days we are there.. or the dining plan. would it work to just get the villa in our names and say 2 adults 2 kids and set up the plan for us then just add them in or will they make them pick up the package too.

i am not a cheater of the system so i dont want to just not say they are staying there but seems dumb that everyone has to have the same package when there are 3 adults and 4 kids! and one of the kids is only 2.

would it be safer to just get the dining package for all and us to get just two day park passes then just buy 3 more extra pass days for the 4 of us?? did you get lost there?? hehe

THANK YOU!!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #96
princess-rn

Lettie-RN
No problem. I LOVE to help people plan. OKW 2 BR villa sounds GREAT!! As for your questions...I'm not sure about the answer to those. If you called disney I bet they would help guide you through the process. I booked through Small World Vacations. YOu might want to try them too. They only do Disney Vacations.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #97
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

Talking

OK.. well we opted for the OKW and the 2 room villa. Friend's hubby will be coming down for part of the trip too so should be a full house of fun and giggles.

Hopefully booking by the end of the week! We have to check for some savings through our work et stuff like that first.

So excited I could pee my pants! Guess I have to sit w/ my legs crossed for the next 3.5 months! ( or this ) who would of thought one could find a need for that ?!?! haha

Now we need to start looking into stuff to do! I saw a pirate cruise for the kids for 2 hours! That sounds like a good time to hit an adult ride or two!

Going to look into a princess lunch too... what little girl doesn't want to do that!?!?!

My mom said she would like to buy disney dollars for the girls for xmas. Can you buy them off site or only at DW? thought about checking the disney store here...

rambling.. now just rambling.. soo excited!

Old 10-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #98
princess-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettie-RN View Post
OK.. well we opted for the OKW and the 2 room villa. Friend's hubby will be coming down for part of the trip too so should be a full house of fun and giggles.

Hopefully booking by the end of the week! We have to check for some savings through our work et stuff like that first.

So excited I could pee my pants! Guess I have to sit w/ my legs crossed for the next 3.5 months! ( or this ) who would of thought one could find a need for that ?!?! haha

Now we need to start looking into stuff to do! I saw a pirate cruise for the kids for 2 hours! That sounds like a good time to hit an adult ride or two!

Going to look into a princess lunch too... what little girl doesn't want to do that!?!?!

My mom said she would like to buy disney dollars for the girls for xmas. Can you buy them off site or only at DW? thought about checking the disney store here...

rambling.. now just rambling.. soo excited!
I am SO excited for you! Yeah, I've been about to pee my pants for about 10months now! LOL I swear, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to waiting for a disney vacation!

You can buy disney dollars at the disney store. I think you can probably get them online too.

Good luck and happy planning!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #99
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

I am wondering how we are going to keep it a secret until Xmas! I want to talk about it all the time and Jamie is just as bad... we are spelling a lot of things when we talk! hehe (won't last much longer my DD5 is learning to read.. dang it!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 AM   #100
princess-rn

I don't know how you are going to do it either. I know we couldn't here. Good luck though!!! Yeah..spelling works...until the kids learn to spell!!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #101
princess-rn

Starting a packing list

PACKING LIST(S) TIME!!

I finally had a few mins yesterday to start my packing lists. (ok..so it was during a meeting at work..but still...I started it ) I have the following lists...
1. My suitcase
2. DS suitcase
3. DH suitcase. (he's handles this..I just write somethings down to remind him to bring.
4. Tolietries
5. My back pack that I carry to the parks
6. Our "over night" bag for DTD Hilton
7. Cooler and snacks
8. What we need to buy when we get there
9. Things I always forget but try to remember.

That last list is the one I will focus on in this thread. I dont' think you guys care how many pairs of undies or socks we bring. LOL. See next post for list.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #102
princess-rn

Here's the "must have list".

The "what I always forget but try to remember" packing list

Ok..so here it goes. These are things that are easily forgotten but that my family MUST have on a WDW vacation. (with some additions for the holidays)

My binder with all confirmation #s etc...
Address list (on stick on labels. Got this idea from allearsnet)
Postcard stamps
Email address list
Digital Camera with Charger
Xtra Photo card
Tide (small bottle for $1 at Target)
Dryer sheets ("All" $1 at Target)
Chap stick with sunscreen
Christmas decorations (whatever they may be)
Notebook for trip report
Plastic silverware (for the room.)
Cereal bars/poptarts (DS breakfast)
Kashi bars (DH and my breakfast)
Rain Ponchos (2 for $1 at dollar tree)
safety pins
Tide Stain Stick
Trash bags (for car and dirty clothes)
Baby wipes (for sticky messes after yummy snacks)
Ziplock bags (tons of uses for these!)
Brita water bottles and filters (I don't think you can buy these anymore )
Prescription meds
Adult Tylenol
Adult Motrin
Kids Tylenol, Motrin, cough syrup, benadryl (have you seen the $ for meds at the resorts and parks?? )
Bandaids and polysporin
Cell phone charger (for car and wall plug)
sunscreen (small bottle and large bottle)
antibacterial wipes
glow sticks ($1 at Michael's...pretty expensive in parks)

That's what I have down so far. Some items may be taken off and some added. You guys let me know if you have any suggestions. Like I said, I have 8 lists..but these are the things I am likely to forget.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #103
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

i always do a list of emergency numbers.. including your mom's number even tho you know it by heart ....

dr numbers
your pharmacy so they can transfer prescriptions if they are lost
urgent cares for the florida area that your insurance covers. (my ins gives us a list of out of state providers numbers on a card)

did you see those new ID cards that stick on kids shoes that has info and numbers on the inside of the card in case the child becomes lost??? thought those were handy (my kids are young!)

Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #104
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
COUNTDOWN UPDATE!!!

50 DAYS 'TILL DISNEY!!!
WE ARE NOW AT 50 DAYS!!!!

or 4329278 Seconds

And still counting...I can't WAIT!!!

May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 10-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #105
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

WOW!! How exciting for you!!!!

I am going to try to add a ticker!

Last edited by Lettie-RN; 10-19-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: trying to figure out the ticker!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: