Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #196
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Double check packing, if you have tickets (photocopies), any gift cards or Disney Dollars you have.

4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 12-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #197
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Oh No... I missed you!

I hope you are having a wonderful time & I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #198
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

We're back!!!!

Hi everyone! We are back from a WONDERFUL, MAGICAL Disney Christmas Vacation. I'm working on the trip report and getting some pictures downloaded.

I hope you all had a great few days! I will post soon with Day #1!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #199
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #201
princess-rn

How do I get this moved over to the "trip report" page?
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 12-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #202
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
How do I get this moved over to the "trip report" page?

I think the moderator will figure out that this is now a trip report and move it over for you. Mine got moved over without me doing anything special. Amy
Old 12-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #203
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it!

BTW, I pm'd OhMari and she moved mine for me.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #204
princess-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it!

BTW, I pm'd OhMari and she moved mine for me.

Thanks! I pm'd her and she took care of it for me!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #205
princess-rn

Sorry it's taken me a while to even start the report guys. With Christmas right around the corner we are EXTREMELY busy (as is everyone) AND now my camera has decided it doesn't want to load on the computer.

So, I promise to get day one up ASAP! Stay tuned!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #206
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
Hi everyone! We are back from a WONDERFUL, MAGICAL Disney Christmas Vacation. I'm working on the trip report and getting some pictures downloaded.

I hope you all had a great few days! I will post soon with Day #1!!!
Princess....glad you are home safe....so are we!!

Be sure and check out my TR....I actually started one b/c I had SO many pictures

Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.....mine had already been made
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #207
princess-rn

Day 1 of trip!!

Sorry for the wait guys. I can't get my pics to upload correctly for some reason...so I'm going to go ahead and start this TR without pics. I will add the pics when/if I can ever get them uploaded!

Day 1- December 1, 2007
Departure Day!!

We were on the road by 6:30am our time. A little later than I wanted, but still pretty good. Now, I’m not going to go into detail about our drive down, because it was pretty uneventful, but we did start seeing a trend on the drive that we thought could be a bad sign. Let me explain. We had a VERY busy week before we left. With the Thanksgiving holidays and us traveling to New Orleans to spend it with DH’s family. Plus when we got back home we both worked the entire week and DS went to school. Very busy week. I didn’t get to double and triple check things like I usually do. This was evident about an hour into our trip. We both thought DS would sleep at least the first 2 hours or so of the drive. He went to bed late and we woke him up to get him dressed so surely he would sleep. No such luck. He was wide awake and already asking about every 3 mins “Are we in Disney World yet?” So, DH decides to get the DVD player loaded with one of DS many favorite Disney movies. DS chose Chicken Little. DH (I was driving) put the DVD in and the DVD player wouldn’t read it at all. All it gave us was a blank screen. **YIKES** DH messed around with it for a while but still couldn’t get it to work. Uh-Oh. We have had the thing now for over 5 years so it’s probably time to get a new one anyway. Anyway, DS is getting impatient with us...but no fear...we have his new ipod loaded with some of his fav music. DH get’s the ipod out…..battery is dead and we didn’t bring our laptop. **YIKES** This is NOT good. DH thought I had checked everything and I had forgotten to get DH to check everything. So, DS was pretty upset. We now had a 10 hr drive ahead of us with US being the entertainment for DS. (Kind of like it always use to be done when we were little) We played games, (I spy) and listened to CDs, sang and they slept of course. I was VERY proud of DS.

Ok..I had to get that little story out. Now on to the report. We arrived at the DTD Hilton around 5pm our time..6pm their time. So, it took us roughly 11 hours with ALL the bathroom, Wal-Mart and target stops. Not bad really. When we got out of the car we noticed a definite chill in the air. Not cold..but chilly. My first impression of the Hilton was it was HUGE! And from the front of the building I couldn’t see DTD. Which made me nervous. The whole reason I chose this hotel for the first night was so we could walk to DTD. The lobby of the hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas with the gigantic Christmas tree and all. We checked in with no problem. No wait and the staff were all very friendly. Since we were only going to be there one night, I didn’t book a DTD view room. So, we were in room 741 which was in the front of the hotel. Our room was very nice. 2 VERY comfortable double beds. They also had the small Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. Loved that! We had a very nice view from our window and when you got that far up you could see DTD and that we were across the street from it after all. So, we refreshed ourselves and took a short walk over to DTD. We were FINALLY here!! It was BEAUTIFUL! Every store was decorated; there was a little singing trio out by the tree singing Christmas Carols. It was great! It was PACKED though. VERY, VERY crowded. It was Saturday night after all. I didn’t worry about it too much. We did a little shopping (DS just HAD to have a Pluto plush. He did so well on the drive I would have gotten him anything) and then realized we were STARVING! I have heard such good things about the Earl of Sandwich so I was excited to go there for our first dinner. It was around 7:30pm and it was PACKED. We had quite a wait in line but finally got up to place our order. DS got the PB and J with milk and chips. DH got the Earl of Cobb salad, and I got the Hawaiian BBQ sandwich without ham. (I like to stick to only one kind of meat on my sandwich) While DH placed our order DS and I scrambled to find a table. We managed to find one outside across from where the singing trio was. Perfect! A little Christmas entertainment while we ate. When DH brought out our food my first thought was “You’ve got to be kidding!” All I had heard was how awesome this place was and how HUGE the sandwiches were. DH’s salad was mostly lettuce. It had maybe 4 slivers of turkey, 1 cherry tomato and a couple of cucumbers. He did eat it and said it was good…but just as it looked it was mostly lettuce. DS wouldn’t touch his PB and J. It was on the artesian bread and toasted. He said he didn’t eat crunchy sandwiches. My Hawaiian BBQ sandwich just made me laugh. I guess maybe ham was the main meat in the sandwich. I hope so at least because my sandwich consisted of the bread, a small amount of BBQ sauce, 3 very small pieces of pineapple and 4 VERY small pieces of chicken. It was sad. What I had was good…but sad. We ended up taking DS PB and J with us and to eat for Breakfast the next morning. He did end up eating half of it. (We bribed him by telling him we would go to Goofy’s candy store if he ate it. ) So, I don’t think we will do the Earl of Sandwich again. It defiantly was not worth the $$ spent. We did go over to Goofy’s and DS got a Nemo cookie and we did more window shopping. We got back to our hotel room around 10:30pm. I was EXHAUSTED! We took a shower and went to bed to have Disney dreams!!!

Day 2 to come….
Old 01-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #208
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Thanks for day 1! I'm glad to have found this again! I can't wait to read more! Happy New Year, by the way!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #209
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

You've started! And quite well I must say!

I'm glad I checked on ya... I'm still not getting notifications and now it isn't highlighting my subscribed threads as having new posts! UGH!!! I hope they get this worked out soon!

Anyway... looking forward to some more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: