Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #151
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

..all is right again!!

..all is right again!!!

I just got off the phone with my TA and she was able to get us switched BACK to POFQ for the same price!! (aka..we didn't lose our "code' discount) Even though I had accepted our switch to CBR (and it really does look like a beautiful place) I'm am VERY happy to know we are going back to our "home" resort for the first 5 days of our stay.

So...all is right again. Now, if I could just find all my packing lists!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #152
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

That's great. I was so sad for you cause I know how much planning goes into all this. You should be where you want to be.

Did you get it in writing???

Always get it in writing!

Good luck on finding your list. There is a packing list on the threads if you type it into the search part.

That's where I found mine. I figured I would forget stuff to put on the list. The one on the thread is also alphabetized!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #153
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

yay yay yay!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #154
princess-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
That's great. I was so sad for you cause I know how much planning goes into all this. You should be where you want to be.

Did you get it in writing???

Always get it in writing!

Good luck on finding your list. There is a packing list on the threads if you type it into the search part.

That's where I found mine. I figured I would forget stuff to put on the list. The one on the thread is also alphabetized!!
I know! I have put 10 months of planning into this trip! I'm SO glad it worked out!!! Yes, I got the email confirmation today from my TA. I'm also going to call the resort and confirm it that way as well. I found an awesome packing list. It's a little over the top..but at least I shouldn't forget anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
yay yay yay!
Thank you!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #155
princess-rn

Countdown picture!!

COUNTDOWN PICTURE!!
I hope this works!!! Hopefully below you will see our countdown to disney poster that DS and I made. I'm not a very creative chick...so I thought it turned out pretty good!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by princess-rn; 11-09-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #156
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Cool countdown calendar! Love seeing those MHPC's being put to good use! And YOU posted a picture!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #157
princess-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Cool countdown calendar! Love seeing those MHPC's being put to good use! And YOU posted a picture!

Thanks! I must say someone here gave me the idea to do this. I didn't come up with it on my own!!! Hey you leave in 14 days!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #158
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
Thanks! I must say someone here gave me the idea to do this. I didn't come up with it on my own!!! Hey you leave in 14 days!!!
I didn't come up with mine either! That is what this place is for!

Technically we leave in 12 days since we are going to Tampa for turkey day ~ we will be at Epcot in 14 days though!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #159
princess-rn

Quote:
I didn't come up with mine either! That is what this place is for!

Technically we leave in 12 days since we are going to Tampa for turkey day ~ we will be at Epcot in 14 days though!!!
Oh yeah, that's right!! I forgot about that!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #160
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I'll be at the Magic Kingdom that day.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #161
princess-rn

I'm going to post this in a seperate thread too..but for those of you who have split stays in resorts as we are doing for the first time..I have a question.

We LOVE to shop! We also LOVE to have our purchases sent back to our resort so we don't have to carry them around. Now, when in those first 5 days to I stop telling the CM to send our stuff back to POFQ and tell them to send it to GF? (POFQ first 5 days...GF last 5 days) AND if our purchases get to the GF before we check in...what happens????

Thanks!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #162
princess-rn

FINAL DOCS ARE HERE!!..AND DAY BY DAY UPDATE

**YIPPEE** Our final docs came in on Saturday!! We were so busy this weekend we didn't check the mail until Sunday night! It was a great suprise though!!! Have you looked at my ticker??? 19 days!!!

SO, I've been looking at our ADRs and I think I'm going to make some changes. I am having 2nd thoughts about eating at the Rain Forest Cafe. I just feel that we are going to SOoooo many "sit down" dinners. We are going to be ready for a break. RFC is not on the dining plan so we would have to pay OOP. We could pay OOP for a cheaper meal and have that money for other things! I think I'm also going to cancel the sleigh ride at WL. I seem to be the only one really into it.

The following is in NO way written in stone. THis is just a very rough draft of our plans currently. We are very much "go with the flow" people and we take disney day by day. We will switch some things around and take breaks when we feel we need them.

Day 1- Departure day!!
6am- the absolute latest time we head out our door
6pm- the absolute latest time (hopefully) we should arrive at DTD Hilton.
7pm- to DTD for shopping and dinner at Earl of Sandwich

Day 2- POFQ/MK Here we come
8am- check out of DTD Hilton
8:30am -arrive and check in at POFQ
9:30am- board bus and arrive at MK!!!
11am- lunch at Casey's
4pm- start heading to main gate to board monorail to CR
5pm- CM dinner
After dinner take monorail to Epcot for illuminations

Day 3-MGM
8am- bus to MGM
9am- MGM opens
11am- lunch at Pizza Planet
5pm- Dinner at Sci Fi
7pm Osbourne Family lights
8pm -MGM closes/take bus to CR to walk to Magic Kingdom for EMH

Day 4- AK
8am- bus to AK
9am- AK opens
**first stop Kilimanjaro Safari**
11am- lunch at Flame tree
??5pm- Dinner at Rain Forest?? (most likely will cancel this and eat CS inside AK. (AK open until 7pm tonight. Just depends on how we feel)

Day 5- Epcot
8am- bus to Epcot
9am- Future world opens
11 am- VERY LIGHT lunch/snack at Sunshine Season Food fair.
3:40pm- LeCellier CP Dinner
6:45- CP show

Day 6- DTD (last day at POFQ)
Sleep in (ahhh....)
Do Laundry
Pack everything possible and put in car
Lunch at POFQ
boat to DTD
shop
5pm- Captain Jacks Dinner

Day 7 (GF here we come!!!)
8am - check out of POFQ
9am- check into GF
10am- monorail to MK
10:30- snack
12:20- Cinderella's Royal lunch
5pm-ish Dinner at Pinocchio Village Haus or Cosmic Rays
7pm- take monorail to Epcot for EMH

Day 8- MGM/Fantasmic
8am- EMH-MGM
11am- lunch at Backlot Express
4:20pm- H&V Fantasmic Dinner
6ish- Fantasmic Show

Day 9 MVMCP!!!
Sleep in! (ahh....)
Lunch/hang out at GF
- go to any park we feel we need to revist-
3pm-ish- head to MK
5:20pm LTT dinner
7pm MVMCP!!!!

Day 10 AK EMH
7am- bus to AK
8am-AK opens!!!
**first stop Kilimanjaro Safari**
11am- lunch at Pizzafari
[/B]??quickest transport to WL??????[/B]
5:20pm- WCC dinnner (WL)
8pm- Sleigh ride (will probably cancel)
after dinner take boat to MK for EMH/ or tour other resorts

Day 11 (last full day at disney)
Nothing planned until...
5:40pm Dinner at Ohana's

Day 12 ( headin' home)
lunch at Planet Hollywood
finish shopping at DTD

So, as you can see we do take multiple trips back to the parks. We don't push ourselves to see everything in one day. That's one of the HUGE benefits of going for over a week. You don't have to rush. There are a few things I know we want to do that we will try to work in somewhere in the 11 days. (go to outlet mall, play mini golf, have a spa treatment for me etc..)
Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #163
princess-rn

Is anyone out there??? I think I've lost readers...uh-oh. I'm that "boring pretrippie girl!!"
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #164
TammyBell
Mouseketeer

I'm still here. Just been trying to make sure that all is ready before we leave. Plans look great.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #165
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

I'm still here too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: