Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #136
Lettie-RN
Earning My Ears

AWESOME!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!

Do you have your undies packed yet?! I am always afraid of not having enuf undies!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #137
bornwiththeears
Disney Addict

Princess-RN ...if your detailed instructions work, please send them to me. I finally (with outside help) was able to get the ticker. I will really want to post some pics when we return from our Mardi Gras Trip.

We are all soooo excited...our last trips have been adults only. But my daughter and son-in-law are in the process of adopting a foster child and she is going to WDW with us. Can you imagine....we get to bring a precious 4 year old who has never been on a vacation....let alone a visit to the mouse!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #138
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Lettie- I know what you mean about the undie situation. I have that fear myself! I haven't started in kind of packing but I HAVE been trying to figure out exactly what the heck I'm going to wear! (T-shirts and shorts....sweats and jeans???? Who knows??? ) The week before we leave I'm going to be glued to weatherchannel.com to try to make some sense of it all. Right now (I live in central Alabama) we are mid
70's during the day and low 40s at night. Who knows what Orlando will be like!!!

bornwiththeears- Aww...you guys are going to have a GREAT time with the new addition!! There is NOTHING like seeing Disney world through the eyes of a child. It's just amazing to see the look of pure amazement on their face. I LOVE it!!
I haven't had time to test out the picture directions. Well, I did have time last night...but my camera decided not to cooperate! I will get them to you if it works!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #139
bornwiththeears
Disney Addict

I know what you mean about being glued to the weather channel. We are right on the Gulf Coast....about the same weather as you are having. Last November we watched the weather for our Thanksgiving trip to the mouse....but still got caught off guard by some unexpected, unseasonably cold weather a few days before Thanksgiving. This time I am going to be sure to throw in gloves, scarves and extra fleece jackets. It is much better than having to buy things at the park.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #140
princess-rn

bornwiththeears- See, that's what I think too. DH is DETERMINED that he is only bringing shorts and long sleeve t-shirts. Now, don't get me wrong...he can wear shorts in the snow but I don't think he can keep that up for extended periods of time. I am hoping to talk some sense into him. I'm going to pack a little bit for any kind of weather. I don't want to be too hot or too cold...plus I have to look cute right? LOL
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
Old 11-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #141
bornwiththeears
Disney Addict

Princess-RN - Of course it is all about cute.....but we froze our rear ends off when the snow flurries came down. My son, another who wears shorts 12 months out of the year, was searching through our suitcases for his Dad's polar fleece.....he wore jeans the next four days. That is another reason I am so happy we are driving this time. I plan to pack a duffle with hats, gloves, and warm gear. We don't even have to take it in to the hotel......I will just know it is there if we need it.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #142
princess-rn

Bornwiththeears- That's a GREAT idea! I am going to pack a bag of "warmies" and just leave it in the car. Like you said, we don't have to even take it to the hotel...but we have it if we need it. I would be the hero of the entire trip!!!! I just have a sneaky feeling that my husband is going to get colder than he thinks he is!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #143
princess-rn

Help!

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE!

..Sorry I had to get that out of the way. I'm in a bit of a tizzy and I need some cheering up from you guys. So, I get a call this am from my TA. She tells me that when we applied the code attached to my husbands name MONTHS ago to our reservation Disney changed our resort but didn't make her aware of it. So, now we are book for CBR and we can't transfer to POFQ because it is full!!!! So, I'm trying to be positive and I looked on allearsnet to get info on CBR. It sounds HUGE. (9 pools, 6 bus stops etc...) That's our #1 favorite thing about POFQ..it's small. No matter where you are in the resort..you are close to EVERYTHING! (I know..I'm complaining about walking and I'm going to disney...how dumb right?) Anyway..I need some advice from anyone who has stayed at CBR.....I need to hear some "It's going to be ok...it's a new adventure....blah..blah...blah....

Last edited by princess-rn; 11-06-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #144
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

It's going to be o.k.

It's a new adventure.

I'm sorry, I'd be livid! Any discount for you?? Anything to make it a little better?

At least you are going to Disney right? You are going to be in the Happiest Place in the World.

You might actually like CBR. I have kind of always wanted to stay there. I would check on the boards for the best room locations and fax them a letter of which room you prefer. Maybe you can get an early pick on a good room and it won't be so bad.

I'm sorry, I feel so bad for you. It will really be alright. You get to spend good quality time with your family.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #145
princess-rn

Thanks Nikki! No, the only discount I get it the one that changed the freaking resort anyway. If a room does open up at POFQ we have to give up the discount. I'm going to try to think positive. I'm normally really good at that. Once I get done being disappointed...I'll think positive. My TA has already requested we be as close at possible to the main building. Who knows..maybe we'll love it. Like you said..we will be in disney.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #146
princess-rn

...poof....just like that the wind is taken out of my sails. This stinks! The more I read about CBR the more I see it's just not for us!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #147
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
...poof....just like that the wind is taken out of my sails. This stinks! The more I read about CBR the more I see it's just not for us!!!!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #148
princess-rn

IT'S GOING TO BE OK

So, I'm pulling myself out of my 2 yr old tantrum I had ALL day yesterday and I'm accepting the fact that we will not be at POFQ this trip. I've been looking at the threads on CBR and look..I even changed my siggie. I have emailed and talked to my TA and the owner of the agency..and it seems no one can do jack to help me. Disney won't even talk to me b/c I booked through a TA. So, it's either I accept this change and take a postive attitude about it....or I sulk and pout and make myself (and probably DH and DS) miserable. Oddly enough, DH is taking a VERY positive approach to this. He said it's God's hands leading us to try a new resort b/c we love POFQ so much we probably wouldn't try another moderate unless we were forced to...so here it is!

So, as of right this moment NO MORE NEGATIVE stuff from me. I'm getting back into my super disney planning mode! I've got to tweak a few things due to the change..but that's ok. WE ARE STILL GOING TO WDW!!

So, stay tuned for more.....If any of you have stayed at CBR please give me any suggestions you can.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #149
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Hey princess! Since you read mine... I thought I'd read your's! And I see you got those links in your first post! Good job!

Love your packing list! It looks just like mine ~ seriously!

As for CBR... I'm glad you are doing okay with the change. What else can you do right? Have you read Nebo's TR? He has stayed at CBR and loves it. Here is a link to his report. Sorry, it's just the first page, you'll have to surf a bit for the CBR part.

Still Feeding Nebo

Anyway... I read the whole thing this morning and I'll do my best to keep up!
~nicole

Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #150
bornwiththeears
Disney Addict

Princess-rn

We have stayed at CBR three times....and loved it each time. My best advice to you would be to call your TA and see if you can have a preferred room....that would be the rooms close to Port Royale. When we stayed at CBR in May of 2005 I think the extra charge for the preferred room was $15 per nite. It was well worth it. We stayed twice in Martinique....just a stones throw from Port Royale.

I have always wanted to stay at POFQ....even polled the Dis Board to see which moderate was preferred....it was a split decision.

Look at it this way...as you said you will be at WDW...and this will be a new adventure. It is not like you are having to stay off site. I think you will be happy there.....each little section is like a resort in itself. The pool and scenery are gorgeous. It will still be a magical trip.

Annette

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: