Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
jsarge kook
Earning My Ears

Attenti al cane Part 2

Ok, I'll admit it. I can't read in the car, I get dizzy, so I have to watch the road and all the cars. So my favorite pastime is looking for license plates that have meanings. I saw these plates on the Florida Turnpike "IVANNAGO" and "MRFLA03".

Now of course I had to check out "MRFLA03". This guy had a nice car, but please don't ask me what kind. I just kept telling my husband to please catch up to that car. So he did. I was expecting a nice looking hunk, with muscles. Now I hate to tell you this, but alas, this was not Mr Florida of 2003, but Mr. Florida of 1903. He was bald, skinny and my grandfather's age. Oh, well!

I also noticed a Fl. plate for HIQNDO2 (high IQ and dough too - my interpretation) but we never caught up to him either. Sad isn't it?

So anyway, once your on the Florida Turnpike there are some decisions to be made. Should you take the Hwy 27 exit, or I-4 or the new 729 one to exit to Disney. My husband is driving, right? I should let him make the decision, right? .

Nope! We just take the I-4 exit, its faster to our offsite hotel. Besides, the Turkey Lake Toll Plaza on the turnpike sells Dunkin Donuts. I love their bagels.

Speaking of the Turkey Lake service plaza, have you ever noticed those extra large , multi-colored pinwheel yard ornaments they have outside this plaza? You really can't miss them. I hope they generate electricity or something because if these tacky wind ornaments are there for artistic reasons, and they used Fl. tax dollars to pay for them, I would be extremely angry. (I live in Florida, so I can say what I want, I guess.)

Hopefully, all the nice Fl. Turnpike people, just collected all the extra change
they found around the toll booths and bought them with that. I am going to find out more about these ornaments some day. Yup! I'm dying to know how these things were paid for. If you know, please email me.

So, eventually we get off the turnpike to the I-4 exit. Of course there is a tollbooth there, only a 2 unit thing. One unit exact change, the other unit change provided. "Uh,Oh." The guy in front of us is stopping and getting out of his car. He doesn't have change. My husband, Bud, starts to get mad. "I can't belive it. The guy is looking for change on the ground-there is none there." (We now know why.) My husband gets a little anxious about all the cars lined up behind us. My son , in the back of the car is playing his Gameboy. He can sense the stress.

Well, finally my brain gets to working and I say "Give the guy some of our change, then he will move." So, we do. Bud says wonderingly "I would never have thought of that."

What is $.50 in the scheme of things when you are going to Disney, right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: