Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Come Share Your Rude Customer Stories

It seems the full moon the other night has had a lingering effect, and it is now crazy customer weekend, where customers think they should be entitled to everything they want, regardless of what policy is or what the rules are.

Anyway, I had this lady last night, who was just really off. First she was complaining about false advertising. She didn't read the ad, as it cleary states if you buy this product, you get money off your next order, not this one. And she wanted the money off now.

Then, with the same lady, she handed me a bunch of coupons. She had coupons for some stuff she had not bought. She said, "well, I bought that last week, can't you just take it off this order?" I told her is she had her reciept, she could take it to customer service, and they would give her the money. She said something along the lines of "can't you just believe me that I bought it." She then said something under her breath, and I said "excuse me," and she said, something along the lines of "I didn't care about her saving money because I didn't know what is was like to be poor." I had told her if she still had her reciept from when she supposedly bought the item, they would give her the money, but I just couldn't give her the money. Then everyone could bring in coupons, saying they had bought stuff, and just get money. She wonders why we need to see a reciept?

And totally on a different topic, but she was continually talking about how poor she was, and how she had no money to buy food for her children, etc. But the whole time she was slurping on a Starbucks drink. Not to sound ignorant or anything, because for all I know she could of had a gift card for Starbucks or something. But say she had to pay for it, what kind of person complains about not being able to use a $1 coupon for something she didn't buy because she could use the $1, but has no problem spending $5 on a frivoulous coffee drink?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

I think I was the rude customer the other day.

I typically joke around with cashiers, but the one we had must not have had a sense of humor, or she was in no mood for it. We'd bought a six-pack of beer and she asked for ID. Now, I already had my license in my hand because I was writing a check (so sue me, check haters!). I said something to the effect that I'm beyond the age where it's flattering, and now it has turned into a hassle. She was so mad and started going on and on defensively about it.

I guess we'll be avoiding her lane when we go there again.
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Kath2003
DIS Veteran

I work in a hotel, someone hadn't checked out (checkout is 10am) and we had new guests arriving for that room at 3pm. Went up there at 11am, knocked on the door, the guy wouldn't even open the door to me, just yelled through that he was staying for another night. Told him he couldn't, he'd have to come to reception and arrange a new room if we had one available, he told me that was MY job!

We got security out in the end!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy View Post
I think I was the rude customer the other day.

I typically joke around with cashiers, but the one we had must not have had a sense of humor, or she was in no mood for it. We'd bought a six-pack of beer and she asked for ID. Now, I already had my license in my hand because I was writing a check (so sue me, check haters!). I said something to the effect that I'm beyond the age where it's flattering, and now it has turned into a hassle. She was so mad and started going on and on defensively about it.

I guess we'll be avoiding her lane when we go there again.
I'm glad we don't sell alcohol in our store. I believe it saves us a lot of hassle. That being said, I will always check for ID when I sell cigarettes if a person looks anywhere under the age of 30.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
mum4jenn
My dd is the love of my life!!
Sometimes I get the FRITO BANDITO jingle stuck in my head and I have to sing it all day!!!

I remember folks like that back when I was a cashier. One lady would have a shoebox full of coupons. I have no problem with anyone using coupons. I am amazed at the ones that can actually save almost the whole amount. BUT this woman would put down about 50-60 coupons and then she would get mad at me for making sure she actually bought the items. By the time I checked them all she could only use 10 of them!!
mum4jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
Mickey&Donald
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.
Emo-Boy was killing my buzz

I have rude customers all day long, but the absolute worst are those who don't care that the store is closing, the gate is pulled down... they're still shopping and mustn't be bothered! Happened to me last night, of course on a night I was trying to expedite leaving as I was meeting my husband for a late date night.. We close at 9:30, and this woman was still poking around at 9:40. She made a purchase, the whole time going on about how she HAD a coupon, she didn't know WHAT she'd done with it, couldn't I just apply the coupon anyway? No way, no how. So as she's leaving (and I'm breathing a sigh of relief), she runs back, waving her coupon. So now (even though it's against company policy but I just want to get the heck out of there!) I'm forced to do a price adjustment. She kept apologizing in this whiny, irritating voice.. "I'm sowwyyyyyy.... so sowwwwyyyyyyy..." I tried SO hard to keep myself in check, but I had to tell her that we DID close at 9:30 and that my employees needed to get home. Meanwhile, she's got three or four little kids (I think between 6 months - 4 years) who are all pulling at her, clearly exhausted.

I mean, hello?? What is wrong with these people? I see it ALL the time, people shopping until quite late (I think) for a young child to be out. It makes me wonder if kids these days don't get bedtimes along with no discipline. If I have to hear one more parent pleading or trying to "reason" with a 2 year old, I think I might lose it.

DLR '79-'08 (too many times to count!). DLP '96. WDW '00, '03, '06, '07, '08
Mickey&Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran

This happened when I was a kid, but we still talk about it whenever we see a rude customer somewhere. We were at Eblen's, which is a clothing and shoe store. A guy came in wanting to exchange a pair of sneakers he bought for a bigger size, because they were too small. The kicker - he was WEARING THEM when he came in the store!! When the employees said that they couldn't be exchanged since they had been (are being!) worn, he threw a hissy fit, saying how he would never shop there again. I'll bet they were glad about that!
Past trips: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic, 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite
poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran

My 18 yo nephew was the bad customer last night.

Nephew, his 15 yo girlfriend, girlfriend's 13 yo sister and some other kid who's always in trouble with the law went about 40 miles from his home to look around in some stores.

Nephew lost his keys at a shopping plaza, so he went into a store and insisted the keys were there. He started knocking merchandise off shelves. Customers complained. Nephew started swearing. Employees asked him to leave. Nephew and "friends" swore more and started throwing more items.

The police came. Nephew was cited for disorderly conduct. Manager wants nephew to pay for damaged merchandise. The minors got nothing, but stood there and laughed.

Nephew called his mom since his keys were missing, but told her to go to the wrong town. She drove 20 miles in the opposite direction. Then nephew fumed about that. Nephew went back to the store he was cited at because employees were watching him out the window while he waited for his mom to bring an extra key. He was cited again.

The police got his car unlocked. His spare key was in the center cup holder. The meantime, his mom had driven 60 more miles to help him, and nephew never bothered to tell his mom he was already on his way home.

2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
disneysnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
LaraK
A wet monitor is the sign of a classic!
Uh oh...it's the Snarky Purple Fairy..everyone spell check!
Damnit! I AM a good girl!

I've got one.

I was working in a hospital in an administrative roll. I got an irate call from a patient because she was being discharged and her discharge was being delayed and no one was listening to her. I went up to the room to find out what was going on. She was in a semi-private room (2 patients). She was next to the window and there was a bed by the door. Her discharge was being delayed because the patient in the bed by the door was coding (her heart had stopped) and the staff was trying to resuscitate her. No one was listening, but she was screaming at the top of her lungs that they had to stop what they were doing and come and take care of her so that she could go home.

By the way, the roommate didn't make it.
~~Any statements placed on this thread by said poster (heretofore The Poster) are mearly jesting and should and shall not be considered personal attacks of any posters posting within said thread nor were any posters not on this thread referenced and should, therefore, not consider this to be a personal attack of any nature, intent or thought. Further, no animals were actually harmed in the posting of this post. This poster is an equal opportunity rebutter and will request biting regardless of age, race or religion. Any names or faces represented in this post are fictional and not based on any actual people.~~
LaraK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
Kath2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraK View Post
I've got one.

I was working in a hospital in an administrative roll. I got an irate call from a patient because she was being discharged and her discharge was being delayed and no one was listening to her. I went up to the room to find out what was going on. She was in a semi-private room (2 patients). She was next to the window and there was a bed by the door. Her discharge was being delayed because the patient in the bed by the door was coding (her heart had stopped) and the staff was trying to resuscitate her. No one was listening, but she was screaming at the top of her lungs that they had to stop what they were doing and come and take care of her so that she could go home.

O.M.G.

I'd have had her restrained!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #11
Mickey&Donald
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.
Emo-Boy was killing my buzz

Quote:
I've got one.

Whoa, dude. You totally win. That is UNREAL. The level of selfishness and entitlement (which is really what all of these rude customers boil down to!) in this country has reached epic proportions.

DLR '79-'08 (too many times to count!). DLP '96. WDW '00, '03, '06, '07, '08
Mickey&Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
LaraK
A wet monitor is the sign of a classic!
Uh oh...it's the Snarky Purple Fairy..everyone spell check!
Damnit! I AM a good girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath2003 View Post
O.M.G.

I'd have had her restrained!
She was NOT Miss Popularity after her little stunt. We got her out of the room and discharged quickly while the doctors notified the family about the patient in the A bed dying. We wanted her out before we brought the family in to say their goodbyes. As much as we all wanted her to be punished, we figured that it would punish that other family more.
~~Any statements placed on this thread by said poster (heretofore The Poster) are mearly jesting and should and shall not be considered personal attacks of any posters posting within said thread nor were any posters not on this thread referenced and should, therefore, not consider this to be a personal attack of any nature, intent or thought. Further, no animals were actually harmed in the posting of this post. This poster is an equal opportunity rebutter and will request biting regardless of age, race or religion. Any names or faces represented in this post are fictional and not based on any actual people.~~
LaraK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
I've got one.

Good grief!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Quote:
I've got one.

OMG, you win!

Is it possible she was suffering from dementia? Please tell me it is, because I need to have a little faith in humanity!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #15
disneyfav4ever

Quote:
I've got one.

That is horrible!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: