Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #91
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooshBrat View Post

They have both dark and light beer at MOST of the countries.

Now......The Food and Wine Festival--
WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!

If you're lucky enough to be there during the F&WF!!! WOOOWWWW!!!!
Talk about all KINDS of different Food!!! OMG!! You don't NEED the DDP while you are there!! But be PREPARED to spend the money for it too!!!

The alcohol......one word....overflowing!!
Again, be prepared to shell out the money, but......
You can either get a glass or a sample of all the different kinds of beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc.......... CRAZINESS!!!!

SideNote: I think I'm gonna quit posting on my own thread, and just post on everyone elses.....you guys give me the GREATEST topics to go off on tangents, on!!!!
Good to know about the light and dark beers. I did hear that it can get expensive to try a bunch of different things, I thought I also read somewhere that you can use snack credits toward some of the samples for the F&W Festival.

My mind wanders sometimes and I come up with different stuff, I keep coming up with different things to post on my report, but I am trying to keep the stuff in some kind of order, i want to try and stay away from bouncing around and getting everyone confused. I could vary easily post more about last years trip now, but I said I was gonna show you guys what we have for our trip, and that is what you are going to get later tonight. I have to take pictures of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Congrats on your 100th post and on hitting 23 days!!

I look forward to seeing what you have bought for the trip. Unfortunately, when I see what other people have bought, I feel the need to go out and buy more for my trip. I see things I think I may need, have forgotten, etc. I think I will be okay this time, though. I have school supplies and uniforms to buy and keep my head out of the clouds!!
it is exciting to hit landmark posts, Cant wait to the next level after Mouseketter, does anyone know what it is and what amount you need for it?

Stay tuned for later tonight for pictures of our Mickey/Donald Gear.

Who is going to get the 100th reply, on this thread will it be tonight or maybe tomorrow?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #92
Redhead3
Earning My Ears

Really enjoying your pre-trip report so far I always find that I start reading trip reports again within about 45 days of my next trip and it's always good to find the fun ones

Also enjoyed your mini-trip report on downtown Chicago. I work there so I rarely take time out to actually enjoy it and it's nice to see it through vistor's eyes.

Can't wait to see what you bought for your trip... hope it doesn't give me any ideas - I don't need to spend any more $$ before I leave

11 Trips 2004 to 2007 = All Star Muisc / Pop Century / Caribbean Beach / Coronado Springs / French Quarter / Contemporary /
Boardwalk Inn / Grand Floridian
+ 4 trips in 2008 ??

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #93
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

it is exciting to hit landmark posts, Cant wait to the next level after Mouseketter, does anyone know what it is and what amount you need for it?

I think the next one is DIS Veteran. You need 500 posts for that one. I was already almost to 600 before I realized I had hit it!!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #94
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Almost 800 views for the TR so far, I know there are more of you out there who are reading and not posting, come out and enjoy the fun, everyone is welcome and no post is unwelcome...well DisneyDad always has some different and evil posts, but since he claims himself as EVIL more times than I can count I guess he is an exception to all rules on the DIS.

When it gets closer to our trip I know I am gonna start saying to DW when I am falling asleep that "I'm too excited to sleep" That is one of our favorite commercials. We did that all the time to each other last year before we went.

Does anyone else do this?

We are probley going to start watching our DVD from last year and the planning DVD more, along with other Disney movies that we have, I can't wait.

ONLY 23 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

& I was going to Be Nice & post wonderful Comments about your Mini TR to Chicago...about how I liked the Mirror thingy & your amazing Pics with It...& how Nice your Lovely Wife Looked & how Ugly you were beside Her oops I meant to say handsome beside Her...& that I thought you should have bought something @ The Disney Store...because you deserve It...

But NOOOOO you had to call out Evil So I will just have to be Mean!!!!

So there I am Mean!!!!!

Just Kidding I said what I wanted To!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 08-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #95
TKDisneylover
LOVES Sorcerer Mickey! Loves riding Spaceship Earth. Wants you to have a Zip A Dee Doo Dah, Zip A Dee Day....

Okay, I finally caught up to your trip report through another report. I'm glad I found it, You & DW are off to a great start!

First off, your dog is sooo cute! Second you and your DW are also cute. I can remember when DH & I were your age. Oh my gosh, just saying that makes me feel old, okay we're 40 something I admit it(as a side note: we sure do not feel it)! We are actually going to WDW this year to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. DH & I are one of those couples who found Disney as adults, so we do not have childhood experiences. Oh and if you noticed we do not have DS's or DD's, well we consider our furry ones our children. Okay and third, we stayed at AS Sports on our very first visit and enjoyed it immensely! I too am a big football fan, but we won't get into teams here.

Anyway, I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait to see what you've purchased to wear for your trip. DH & I picked up a few items this weekend at our local Disney Store for our upcoming trip. Still deciding if I will be posting a TR, if so it will be my first ever on the DIS boards!

Looking forward to your next installment!

POP Century-2008; Animal Kingdom Lodge-2007; Caribbean Beach-2004; Off grounds-2002 (never again); Port Orleans (Dixie Landings)-2001; All-Star Movies-1999; All-Star Sports-1998
Old 08-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #96
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead3 View Post
Really enjoying your pre-trip report so far I always find that I start reading trip reports again within about 45 days of my next trip and it's always good to find the fun ones

Also enjoyed your mini-trip report on downtown Chicago. I work there so I rarely take time out to actually enjoy it and it's nice to see it through vistor's eyes.

Can't wait to see what you bought for your trip... hope it doesn't give me any ideas - I don't need to spend any more $$ before I leave
and thanks for joining. The trip to Chicago was great, a nice cheap fun day. Those are the best. The items should be up some time today, we went to the fair last night and didnt get home till late.

Quote:
I think the next one is DIS Veteran. You need 500 posts for that one. I was already almost to 600 before I realized I had hit it!!
Thank you. that will take a while to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
& I was going to Be Nice & post wonderful Comments about your Mini TR to Chicago...about how I liked the Mirror thingy & your amazing Pics with It...& how Nice your Lovely Wife Looked & how Ugly you were beside Her oops I meant to say handsome beside Her...& that I thought you should have bought something @ The Disney Store...because you deserve It...

But NOOOOO you had to call out Evil So I will just have to be Mean!!!!

So there I am Mean!!!!!

Just Kidding I said what I wanted To!!!!!

I meant the evil comment in a joking fun way. But thank you for the comments, she is very beautiful, and like Jim says on According to Jim, I married up.

We really do like your comments. Keep them up.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #97
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDisneylover View Post
Okay, I finally caught up to your trip report through another report. I'm glad I found it, You & DW are off to a great start!

First off, your dog is sooo cute! Second you and your DW are also cute. I can remember when DH & I were your age. Oh my gosh, just saying that makes me feel old, okay we're 40 something I admit it(as a side note: we sure do not feel it)! We are actually going to WDW this year to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. DH & I are one of those couples who found Disney as adults, so we do not have childhood experiences. Oh and if you noticed we do not have DS's or DD's, well we consider our furry ones our children. Okay and third, we stayed at AS Sports on our very first visit and enjoyed it immensely! I too am a big football fan, but we won't get into teams here.

Anyway, I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait to see what you've purchased to wear for your trip. DH & I picked up a few items this weekend at our local Disney Store for our upcoming trip. Still deciding if I will be posting a TR, if so it will be my first ever on the DIS boards!

Looking forward to your next installment!
Thanks for the nice comments. That is great about your 20th Anniversary. We think of our puppy as our child for now as well. It is good practice taking care of him for when we have children. I hope we dont buy any more clothes before we go, we have enough for each day between what we bought this year and last year. And we still each get a few more shirts while we are down there.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #98
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Loving your pre-trip so far - you guys are so cute together! I feel your pain on leaving the puppy behind...we have 2 labs that we miss so much on our trips, but they are VERY well taken care of at my in-laws house. They also have 2 labs now, so it is a little crazy when they all get together to say the least!

Love the zoo pics - we just went to the Cleveland Zoo last weekend - it was a good practice run for all the walking we'll be doing soon!

About the drinks around the "World" - we like to do this a couple times on our trips when we visit Epcot. But, I am definitely a lightweight, so we tend to just do a couple countries at a time...I couldn't walk if I got a drink in EVERY country in one evening. Sometimes we start with a beer in the UK, a drink in Morrocco & Japan. The next time we might start with a margarita in Mexico, then move on to China & Germany.

Being there during the F&W Festival was awesome last year, we wish we could go back for it this year, but our AP's are only good thru 9/23 this year. There were a lot of different stands with different beers & wines to try. They had a wine flight in the US that I tried - it was 4 very small samples of different wines. Hubby's favorite was the huge Samuel Adams stand in the US - you could get your beer in a souvenir F&W Fest mug & they had like 10 different Sam Adams beers including one specially made for the F&W Fest. If you don't like dark beers, I highly recommend Stella Artois in the UK!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #99
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Weren't we promised pictures of the stuff you bought???

Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #100
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your photos! What a great trip into downtown Chicago! You guys are adorable and I love that your wife was carrying the Disney bag around with her showing her Disney spirit! LOL

Why does time seem to be standing still at this point????
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #101
dreamingofdisney07
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the compliment DisneyDad99! That was very nice of you.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #102
dreamingofdisney07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
I LOVE your photos! What a great trip into downtown Chicago! You guys are adorable and I love that your wife was carrying the Disney bag around with her showing her Disney spirit! LOL

I'm glad you like the photos. Chicago is one of my favorite cities! It certainly got us ready for walking around WDW though. Thank you for the compliment too. That was the first time I used that bag and I was wishing I wouldn't have taken it with me because my shoulders were hurting the rest of the afternoon then. Talk about time standing still! These last 22 days seem to be creeping by very slowly.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #103
dreamingofdisney07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post
Loving your pre-trip so far - you guys are so cute together! I feel your pain on leaving the puppy behind...we have 2 labs that we miss so much on our trips, but they are VERY well taken care of at my in-laws house. They also have 2 labs now, so it is a little crazy when they all get together to say the least!

Love the zoo pics - we just went to the Cleveland Zoo last weekend - it was a good practice run for all the walking we'll be doing soon!
Thank you for your kind words. I hate leaving my puppy behind, even to go to the store sometimes! Since we don't have kids yet, he's my little baby. It doesn't help the matter any when he sits by the door and gives you those puppy eyes. I love going to zoos! We spent so much time in the Gorilla house! I could watch those monkeys and apes all day. It cracks me up with the things they do.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #104
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post

About the drinks around the "World" - we like to do this a couple times on our trips when we visit Epcot. But, I am definitely a lightweight, so we tend to just do a couple countries at a time...I couldn't walk if I got a drink in EVERY country in one evening. Sometimes we start with a beer in the UK, a drink in Morrocco & Japan. The next time we might start with a margarita in Mexico, then move on to China & Germany.

Being there during the F&W Festival was awesome last year, we wish we could go back for it this year, but our AP's are only good thru 9/23 this year. There were a lot of different stands with different beers & wines to try. They had a wine flight in the US that I tried - it was 4 very small samples of different wines. Hubby's favorite was the huge Samuel Adams stand in the US - you could get your beer in a souvenir F&W Fest mug & they had like 10 different Sam Adams beers including one specially made for the F&W Fest. If you don't like dark beers, I highly recommend Stella Artois in the UK!
and for the complement. Our dog loves to stay at his "grandparents house" they have a 6 year old maltese and they play together. Hopefully he will be a good boy, he likes to tease him and then run and hide on your lap.
We might save the drinking around the world till next year. It sounds like fun, but we are going to try and cut down on how much we spend while in WDW this year, everything is paid for allready, except gifts and souveniours so we will see how many of those we get.

Quote:
Weren't we promised pictures of the stuff you bought???

It should be up within the hour. Thanks for sticking it out with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post

She was so excited to use it. When we were walking out the door I asked if she was going to use it and she was like ohh yeah I forgot I had that. It was packed away with all of the other stuff we have to take with us. It has the spots where you can put pictures in it. We might try and put a picture with that character in the spot. Like she said it did hurt her shoulder, we had a mini cooler in it with our picnic lunch for the zoo. I ended up carring it for her some.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #105
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 6. What have we bought to take down to WDW with us?

Chapter 6. What have we bought to take down to WDW with us?

Sorry Chapter 6 was not up last night, we didnt think we would stay at the fair that late. We had to stay and watch the robinson racing pigs. Does anyone else have the these at there fair?

Anyway, I left off with the notion that I was going to show you pictures of what we are taking with us to the world. Well.....After a few other pictures that is what you are going to get.

Even though our wedding wasn't in Disney, we were going there for our honeymoon and wanted to bring a little Mickey and Minnie magic to our reception. So we looked all over and found this to use as our cake topper for our wedding.

Here is a quick picture of our spare bedroom and its occupants. DW and I have collected these over the years and we got each other some for Christmas last year. It is not all of them just a few. This is also the room that we are going to turn into a Disney room when we have babies. Good start so far.

This is up in our office, it was made by my 84 year old grandma last year for our wedding. She started painting again 2 years ago after not doing it for at least 20. She paints pictures for all the kids and grandchildren for birthdays and special events. Our whole family loves them and is always making a request for her, the list of rules to live by was from her mother when they were growing up. If you can't read it, it says:
1. Never give up
2. Be nice to one another
3. Think good thoughts
4. Try to do better
5. Say "Please" and "Thank you"
6. Let God by your guide
Great Grandma said if you follow these everything else would fall into place. Older people are so wise.
Grandma also added her own little phrase as you can see. It says "When you wish upon a star...Your dreams come true." I wonder where she got that one from.

Here is what was left in our room the first day after we got from dinner. It had balloons tied to it, and was stitting on our table. It was great that it did not just say congrats, but actually had our names on it. We have it framed and up in our spare room.

Okay now we are finally getting to the clothes that we recently bought and are taking with us. Of course the shirts that we have on in some of our other disney pics from last year are going with again this year, so I am not posting those, just the new ones that we have not worn yet and have recentely purchased. First off I will show you mine.
I have two polos, one Mickey and one Donald. A new mickey and donald looking mad at each other that we got at the Disney store for 4.99. Our matching color Disney shirts from the Disneyshopping website, and a very cool Mickey hawaiian shirt that I will wear to the Ohana dinner our first night. It even has donald on it which makes it that much more awesome. From last year I also have a donald shirt, and a shirt from CBR. I am hoping to get a neat one from AS Sports this year. And maybe one other 2007 shirt.

This is DW collection of new shirts this year, I forget what she had last year, but I know that there was a Minnie polo, not sure what else. This years haul includes a matching tanktop and skirt that she is going to wear to Ohana, it is also hawaiian, a Mickey and Minnie lovey dovy shirt. Lady and the tramp, Her matching mickey and friends blue shirt, and of course the best one that she has. THE I LOVE CRANKY BOYS shirt. Donald is going to flip out over this one, I am going to have her wear it when we go to the MK and see him in the tents.

That about covers the shirts. With this years and last, we will have enough for the 9 nights we are there.

Ohh we also went to walmart and got some little 3 oz containers that you can put shampoo in. This way we dont have to take the big ones and can reuse them each year.

Does anyone else take the shampoos and soaps that disney leaves in the rooms or do you guys use them there? I dont know if I should post the picture of the ones that we took last year, I might incriminate myself if the Disney police come after us for the shampoos that we took each day. I have to say it is not just disney I do this at all hotels, then we let people use them when they come and stay at our house, makes it feel like a hotel for them, or they feel like they are giants holding little bottles of shampoo.

I think we will give some highlights and great memories from last years trips.

UP Next Chapter 7. Highlights from last years trip.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: