Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #76
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I dont think I ever told DW this story, I started a love hate relationship with ducks when I was in Disney World at about age 7. We always stayed in the campground when growing up and my dad had to rent a golf cart at least one of the days. One morning I had my bowl of dry cheeries (I love them that way) and was sitting on the golf cart in front of the camper eating them. Well along came this brown duck walking up to the cart so I started to throw some cheerios to it. Well needless to say it kept getting closer to me and I kept feeding it.

I then stuck my hand out and it grabbed the cheerio but not knowing that my hand would get that close to its mouth I kept it there. Well you can quess what happened next. It snipped my fingers and I yelled "STUPID DUCK" and ran to my mom crying. My dad has pics and videos of this he was standing behind me. I am going to have to show that video to DW. She will love it. So even though it was tramatic I think that is when my fascination with ducks came about. From what I can remeber I have liked them ever since. I guess it takes pain to love that duck.
That sir is a funny story...We would Love to see that video...but that makes me old...when I was 7 there was no such thing as personal Moving Pictures

heres a pic for ya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdisney07 View Post
Ok everyone, so I just made a different reservation for our night at Epcot. Again! My third time today! After viewing the menu for the Garden Grill, I wasn't that enthused with the selection. Not a big fan of catfish and such. So after many quick discussions with the DH and looking and double looking through menus of all the restaurants available..... I chose Nine Dragons. We both love Chinese food and the menu looked quite tasty. Whew! Each time I called Disney Reservations I didn't wait any longer than two disney songs. That's exciting too. I think the longest we have ever waited was an hour or a little over an hour. I started falling asleep one time I called them because it was in the morning and I hadn't woken up all the way.
good Choice you will Like Nine Dragons More than Garden Grill!!!!

But I hope that Japan's Teppan grill Is open by 9/15/07

Did you cancel that ressie or keep it just in case????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW

Last edited by Disneydad99; 08-03-2007 at 05:55 PM. Reason: didn't want to get in trouble
Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #77
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
We're going to be downtown tomorrow, too!! Today is DS's 13th birthday. He has never been to Shedd Aquarium, so we will be taking him there. Plus, the only thing he asked for for his birthday was to go to Pizzeria Due's for dinner. So we will be doing both. Shhhh....don't tell him!!
Hope you had a good time, it was very busy down town this weekend. The zoo was awesome and our feet are tired. We took over 120 pictures. I will post about it a little bit later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
My only plans for the weekend involve taking DD16 to the dentist tomorrow morning...

then it's blessedly quiet the rest of the time!

I think I will set up the Packing Zone for our trip in 4 weeks, 6 days!
Hope she didnt have any cavities. We had our lazy Sunday today. Sleeping on the couch all day and watching movies. It is amazing how hungry you get when you are watching TV.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #78
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
That sir is a funny story...We would Love to see that video...but that makes me old...when I was 7 there was no such thing as personal Moving Pictures

heres a pic for ya!!!

good Choice you will Like Nine Dragons More than Garden Grill!!!!

But I hope that Japan's Teppan grill Is open by 9/15/07

Did you cancel that ressie or keep it just in case????

Love the duck picture, I will have to see if I can get some of my parents pictures from that trip and scan them in. That was before the digital camera age.

She cancelled it, I wonder if they would automatically cancel for you. Thats okay it gives me some good leverage to go back next year, that was the place we were looking forward to eating at the most.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #79
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 5. Mystery Chapter....Downtown Chicago Mini Trip Report!

Chapter 5. Mystery Chapter....Downtown Chicago Mini Trip Report!

Wow we had an awesome time Downtown Saturday. We started the day by catching the 8:15 South Shore train that runs from South Bend IN to Downtown Chicago. We caught the train in East Chicago, and we had thought that it would not be crowded at all due to it being a weekend and of course we thought we would be the only ones going to the city on the weekend.
Were we ever wrong, the cubs were at home, and Loolapalooza (sp) was in Grant park. (It is a huge concert with bands all weekend.) So needless to say we could not find a seat on the train. We walked up a few cars and saw two empty seats in a group of four that face each other. Well there was some training lab dogs laying on the ground in those seats with the owners. I was not going to stand for a 45 minute ride, so I asked the owners if we could squeeze in the seats. I am glad we did.

Not 2 minutes later the lady came around and asked us where we were going so we could pay her. I said "we are going all the way" I could not remeber the name of the stop. One of the ladies we were sitting with started to laugh and goes if they are going all the way I'm glad I brought my camera.

Well needless to say it was a great ride in, we found out they were take the dogs to the race track to raise awerness for handicap trained helper dogs. They also told us some other funny stories, DW and I were laughing all the way into the city. So if you are out there thank you people on the train. You gave us a great start to out day.

So we arrive in the big city about 9:00 and decide to start walking up the Michigan Ave. toward Lincoln Park Zoo. Well I looked at a map and I thought it was only about a mile, we will find out later how far it really was.

Here is one of our first stops on the way to the zoo going across the Chicago River, where the new trump hotel and tower is going to be. You can see the base of it in the backround.

We passed the Disney store on Michigan Ave. and of course had to go in, I almost bought another Disney shirt but put it back because I want to but a few down there. We made it to the zoo and walked around a little bit and then had lunch. The first big exhibit we went into was the Ape House. Here is DW with there biggest ape, he was eating a piece of wood. Looked kinda good.

DW and I going into the Africa area where the giraffes are and some other birds.

Here is a great picture of a lion yawing up against the glass. She was about a foot away from us, It was great.

After about three hours we started our walk down the beach to Navy Pier, Oh yeah there was also the Pro Volleyball tournament going on across from the zoo also. We stopped and had this picture taken by a nice couple.

The Chicago Fire Dept. was out on the beach doing some training drills on how they could rescue people out of the water, if they needed to before the dive team showed up. DW had her Disney bag with us on the trip, it was the first time she used it and loves it.

We saw some mile markers on the way back to Navy Pier, and it was a 2 1/2 mile walk between the zoo and the Pier.

This is on the end of the Navy Pier looking back toward the city, we get this picture every time we go. Looks really cool if you use sepia to change the colors.

Then we walked over to Millenium Park and saw all the sites, I don't remeber the name of the statues and things but this one was awesome, it was like a huge mirror and reflects everything.

Here is one of us on the outside taking a picture.

And one of us underneath it taking a picture of the reflection.

We took about 20 different views and angles, it was really neat.

This was a big video type screen that changed faces, and the people on it even changed there expressions, the lady on here started to close her eyes and then water came out of her mouth to look like she was spitting. Kinda gross if you think about it but really funny also. There were two of these facing each other and the picture would constantly change.

After the Park, we went to Subway and got a sandwich before we left. Our feet were killing us and we knew it was about time to catch the 6:00 train home. We ended up figuring out that we walked a little over 8 miles. We started to wonder how much walking we do in Disney each day, but figured that even if it was that much it is not that bad, because you get breaks sitting down in rides and what not. Our feet were killing us and we were so happy to get home.

Hope everyone enjoyed our day in Chicago, I know we did.

Up Next Chapter 6. What have we bought to take down to WDW with us?

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 08-06-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #80
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I went to chicago very briefly for a day in 2005 and thought it was really nice!! I love your pics, the reflection art is really cool!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #81
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is called Cloud Gate. Around here, we just call it "The Bean"!! We always hit Millenium Park when we get downtown. I love visiting The Bean. My daughter LOVES those fountains with the video screens. They're pretty awesome.

We ended up not going downtown this weekend. We are not very far from Wrigley Field - just a few blocks north. So, it gets kind of nuts around here on game days. (Today is especially crazy with Glavine going for his 300th win with the Mets.) Plus, Lollapalooza didn't help matters. We headed north on Lincoln Avenue and ended up at Lou Malnatti's for dinner.

It sounds like you had a great time. It was a nice day yesterday. Overcast, but not too hot. I want to get back to the zoo soon. We were there just after one of the mother gorillas had a baby - the baby was sooooo tiny. We like to go back and see how he has changed. He is a fiesty toddler now!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just love Chicago!!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #82
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I went to chicago very briefly for a day in 2005 and thought it was really nice!! I love your pics, the reflection art is really cool!
I love going to the city, it is so much fun and there are many things to do, We want to go back this fall and hit up some of the museums and maybe go up in the sears tower. Christmas time is also fun, we go ice skating on state street. It was hard to pick the pictures to post, there were alot of good ones this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
That is called Cloud Gate. Around here, we just call it "The Bean"!! We always hit Millenium Park when we get downtown. I love visiting The Bean. My daughter LOVES those fountains with the video screens. They're pretty awesome.

We ended up not going downtown this weekend. We are not very far from Wrigley Field - just a few blocks north. So, it gets kind of nuts around here on game days. (Today is especially crazy with Glavine going for his 300th win with the Mets.) Plus, Lollapalooza didn't help matters. We headed north on Lincoln Avenue and ended up at Lou Malnatti's for dinner.

It sounds like you had a great time. It was a nice day yesterday. Overcast, but not too hot. I want to get back to the zoo soon. We were there just after one of the mother gorillas had a baby - the baby was sooooo tiny. We like to go back and see how he has changed. He is a fiesty toddler now!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just love Chicago!!
Thanks for letting me know the name, that was the coolest thing in the park I think, I love seing all the angles underneath it.
Sorry to hear you didnt make it downtown. When they win the world series this year, it is gonna be a fun celebration in your town.

It was a great day to walk around, didnt really sweat at all, just got some tired feet. The zoo lady that was at the ape house was telling us about the apes and there behavior. She said that the way the male ones were acting it was going to be maiting time soon. After that exhibit, we made it to the one across the walkway, and I am pretty sure the male found his mate. Either that or he was practicing for later when the zoo closed. DW said she didnt think so, but when he got up and climbed the tree you could tell what had happened.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #83
ShooshBrat
Mouseketeer

Cool Hellleeeeeeeeeeewwwwww!!!

Hey Guys!!! I found you while lurking over on MissMichelle's thread, and HAD to come over and say HIYA!!!! Yours is Actually the FIRST thread, other than Michelle's that I've been able to get COMPLETELY through!!! YAAYYY!!!!

Okay....so admitedly, I am more of a lurker than a poster, until recently, yet I STILL don't manage to get around to posting after reading for hours and hours on end!

I have YET to post on Dads, As of THIS POST, I am OFFICIALLY subscribed!leroys or Pams (there are more, just can't think) threads....which I go back and read, each time you all post on Michelles...it's so easy to "Click" and I'm at a new thread!!!........then I get all confused....."who's thread am I on again?"....DANG!!! Who's thread did I leave off of to find this one"......"Oh Look! That person has a link too, and they're going at the same time we are toooooo"........I get SOoooooo confuzzled, I don't know what to do!!!!"

Tell me how you all keep it together??????

BTW...My goal tonight, is to post this on each of your threads, so I'm ATLEAST subscribed....may make it easier to keep up with ya!!!

Oh yeah!!! Also!!! I EVIDENTLY don't get around these boards ENOUGH....though I CONSIDERED myself a JUNKIE before......I'm obviously SOMEWHERE out in left field.......I had NO CLUE what a LGMHPC was!!!!! Now, I have yet ANOTHER obsession to handle...Gggggrreeeeeaaaatttt!!! Planning a MISSION to Home Depot TOMORROW!!!

The next question.....can I manage to make our ENTIRE party wear the LGMHPCs? Or just plaster them all over the stroller and myself!!! hehehehe

PLEASE tell me you will all have them SOMEWHERE on you too!!!!

Baby aka Da Brat....or you can just call me Amy

Taking the World By Storm- Our Pre-TR-WITH PICS- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post19898424

I've Been BOO'ed!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/baby_aka_dabrat

Me (37) DH (34) irate: DD (19)
Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #84
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooshBrat View Post
Hey Guys!!! I found you while lurking over on MissMichelle's thread, and HAD to come over and say HIYA!!!! Yours is Actually the FIRST thread, other than Michelle's that I've been able to get COMPLETELY through!!! YAAYYY!!!!

Okay....so admitedly, I am more of a lurker than a poster, until recently, yet I STILL don't manage to get around to posting after reading for hours and hours on end!

I have YET to post on Dads, As of THIS POST, I am OFFICIALLY subscribed!leroys or Pams (there are more, just can't think) threads....which I go back and read, each time you all post on Michelles...it's so easy to "Click" and I'm at a new thread!!!........then I get all confused....."who's thread am I on again?"....DANG!!! Who's thread did I leave off of to find this one"......"Oh Look! That person has a link too, and they're going at the same time we are toooooo"........I get SOoooooo confuzzled, I don't know what to do!!!!"

Tell me how you all keep it together??????
and thanks for coming out and posting. I was a lurker for a while then realized it was alot more fun to post and get in on the conversations, and through in my two cents.
We are glad you made it through the report and have subscribed.
It can get crazy if you keep clicking on different ones, I sometimes write down the persons name and the last date that I read it that way I know where to pick up reading again, there are so many good Reports on here that it can get hard to not subscribe to more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooshBrat View Post
BTW...My goal tonight, is to post this on each of your threads, so I'm ATLEAST subscribed....may make it easier to keep up with ya!!!

Oh yeah!!! Also!!! I EVIDENTLY don't get around these boards ENOUGH....though I CONSIDERED myself a JUNKIE before......I'm obviously SOMEWHERE out in left field.......I had NO CLUE what a LGMHPC was!!!!! Now, I have yet ANOTHER obsession to handle...Gggggrreeeeeaaaatttt!!! Planning a MISSION to Home Depot TOMORROW!!!

The next question.....can I manage to make our ENTIRE party wear the LGMHPCs? Or just plaster them all over the stroller and myself!!! hehehehe

PLEASE tell me you will all have them SOMEWHERE on you too!!!!
We still have not made it to Home Depot to get ours, I hope to get there soon. I think you should super glue them to everyones shirts in your party that way, DIS'ers can't miss you. I am prob going to be a little more discrete and put one on my camera bag. Maybe I can talk DW into attaching them to her hair clips and wearing them that way.

Just kidding hunny

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #85
FauntleroyFAN07

Nothing special to say...except....

This is my 100th post.

I hope to have pics up tonight of all the things we bought and what we are taking with us to the world.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #86
FauntleroyFAN07

Almost 800 views for the TR so far, I know there are more of you out there who are reading and not posting, come out and enjoy the fun, everyone is welcome and no post is unwelcome...well DisneyDad always has some different and evil posts, but since he claims himself as EVIL more times than I can count I guess he is an exception to all rules on the DIS.

When it gets closer to our trip I know I am gonna start saying to DW when I am falling asleep that "I'm too excited to sleep" That is one of our favorite commercials. We did that all the time to each other last year before we went.

Does anyone else do this?

We are probley going to start watching our DVD from last year and the planning DVD more, along with other Disney movies that we have, I can't wait.

ONLY 23 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #87
ShooshBrat
Mouseketeer

Cool

Quote:

We still have not made it to Home Depot to get ours, I hope to get there soon. I think you should super glue them to everyones shirts in your party that way, DIS'ers can't miss you. I am prob going to be a little more discrete and put one on my camera bag. Maybe I can talk DW into attaching them to her hair clips and wearing them that way.

Just kidding hunny
OMG!!! What GREAT Ideas!!!!

Lets see.....the ONLY time I could probably talk the guys into doing this, would probably be their date to "Drink our way around the World"- This is on Wednesday, Epcot, through the Countries!! Admittedly, I'm kinda jealous, but have changed our "early evening for girls and kids" to a "Kids-Slumber Party- Girls- Margarita Night!!!!".....so I feel much better now! So......if you're in Epcot Wednesday evening and see a small group of guys with beers in their hands and LGMHs plastered on their shirts, hats, foreheads...wherever they end up on....you know they are part of my group.....though I don't know if I want to BE linked to them at this point!

Now, the Hairclip idea...... not so bad.....I'm always the FIRST to make a fool of myself....never pass up a chance!!! I'm the 30SOMETHING year old in the Pigtails!!! Why not add MHs!!!

Ya......unless I get a wild hair, it'll be either on the camera bag, or the stroller.....hehehe

Taking the World By Storm- Our Pre-TR-WITH PICS- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post19898424

I've Been BOO'ed!!!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #88
FauntleroyFAN07

I have looked at the drinks at different countries but never really thought about getting one from each country. DW and I have seen the Margaritas at Mexico which look really good. But we just ate last year when passing them and were not able to eat anything else. I am not a fan of darker beers, I will occasionally have one, but not to often.

Does anyone know if the different countries have lighter beers or are they mostly dark beers. We also do not drink like we used to... if we were to try a drink at each country it might have to be a sharing even. Which is also okay. Do they have smaller amounts of drinks during the food and wine festival?

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #89
ShooshBrat
Mouseketeer

Cool Food and Wine Festival, etc...

Okay, so, in my experience..........

They have both dark and light beer at MOST of the countries.

I am not a beer drinker, so I have to look for the "hard stuff"....which usually means the Margarita kiosk......I personally like the poolside bar at the resorts, or whatever I bring to mix in our room........

we aren't the drinkers we used to be either.......but like a cocktail with dinner, occasionally.....and now this "drink around the world" thing for the boys.....thank GOODNESS Disney has their own transportation, cause I'm not pickin' up those boys when they're SLOSHED!

It was "drink our way around the world" or Golf........since we are all "Married with Children" we always give the boys 1 partial day "off".....why I don't know, because they don't do the same for us! But this year, because of our ADRs, the boys golf day would be cut short, or miss dinner.......Men Miss Dinner??? PUHLEEAASE! So they decided on the Epcot thingy.......

Now......The Food and Wine Festival--
WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!

If you're lucky enough to be there during the F&WF!!! WOOOWWWW!!!!
Talk about all KINDS of different Food!!! OMG!! You don't NEED the DDP while you are there!! But be PREPARED to spend the money for it too!!!

The alcohol......one word....overflowing!!
Again, be prepared to shell out the money, but......
You can either get a glass or a sample of all the different kinds of beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc.......... CRAZINESS!!!!

And also.....this is DEFINATELY the time to have a camcorder!!! The DRUNKS in Epcot during this time, is like NO OTHER!!!

Can we say $10,000 on America's Funnies Home Videos!!!!!

SideNote: I think I'm gonna quit posting on my own thread, and just post on everyone elses.....you guys give me the GREATEST topics to go off on tangents, on!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

I LOOOOOOVE to Ramble!!!!!!!!1

I've Been BOO'ed!!!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #90
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is my 100th post.

I hope to have pics up tonight of all the things we bought and what we are taking with us to the world.

Congrats on your 100th post and on hitting 23 days!!

I look forward to seeing what you have bought for the trip. Unfortunately, when I see what other people have bought, I feel the need to go out and buy more for my trip. I see things I think I may need, have forgotten, etc. I think I will be okay this time, though. I have school supplies and uniforms to buy and keep my head out of the clouds!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: