Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #751
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
great update.

nice that u got to do both parks that night.

the nose story is scary. People also should not have there kids touching things they should not be touching. Just my opinion.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #752
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

All caught up again.
Take your time Dan......real life is important & it does get in the way of our dissing sometimes & I think we all understand. : If you write it, we will come.
Love the nursery theme......but I agree, you must add some touches of your man Donald.
Great update.........I love night time Disney shots. It seems so magical at night to me.
of your monorail nose story. Hope nobody got hurt.
I am loving your report.......come check out my pre-trippie if you get time...I hope to get a nice shot of Main Street all done up in the colored lights like you asked about when we are at the Halloween party.
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #753
Sooze
DIS Veteran

The two of you are just adorable! Another great update.

And just to put a little bug in your ear... when the two of you think you are ready, you should try to visit the DVC promotion, just to see what it's all about. Then you can actually get off of the boat and GO TO YOUR VILLA at the Beach Club!

DH and I finally did the DVC thing and we feel completely spoiled when we go to WDW now!

Just a thought!

Ready for more....
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 10-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #754
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Does anyone remember when I was talking about why there has to be worker present with the people in the nose of the monorail at all times?

Well when we were talking with the very nice CM on our first day there while waiting for the nose when we were going to dinner at Ohana, he told us.

But first we found out that there is only like 20 percent of the people that work there are full time year round. He also told us some other stuff about working there but mostly about applying since DW and I are planning on working there when are kids are out of college, so on with the story now.

Well turns out that about 2 weeks before we arrived, there was a family with a little kid that was in the nose waiting to take off, well while they were in the nose and the driver was outside waiting until everyone got on it so happened that the parents wanted to put the little kid in the driver seat because it would be cute.

Well needless to say a little kid in front of a bunch of buttons does not work out so well, the little one began to push buttons, which caused the monorail to think it was going to go forward, but luckily did not, instead it slammed the doors shut instantly. He never did tell us if anyone was hurt when the doors slammed close, I am sure something had to have happened as there are alot of doors on those monorails. So in a shortened version that is why when the driver gets out of the nose, another CM has to be standing there to make sure that the people in the nose are sitting in there seats and dont touch anything until the driver gets back in.

Kinda intersting I thought.
Ahhh a little trouble maker in the making. LOL.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #755
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Quote:
we are planning on doing the stuff in this fashion, this is what we want to get, and there is the blanket we already got.

That is really nice!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #756
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

That picture of you and DW in front of Spaceship Earth is beautiful.

The story about the baby "driving" the monorail is scary! Pretty humorous at the same time though.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #757
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we are planning on doing the stuff in this fashion, this is what we want to get, and there is the blanket we already got.

Quote:
Does anyone remember when I was talking about why there has to be worker present with the people in the nose of the monorail at all times?

Well needless to say a little kid in front of a bunch of buttons does not work out so well, the little one began to push buttons, which caused the monorail to think it was going to go forward, but luckily did not, instead it slammed the doors shut instantly. He never did tell us if anyone was hurt when the doors slammed close, I am sure something had to have happened as there are alot of doors on those monorails. So in a shortened version that is why when the driver gets out of the nose, another CM has to be standing there to make sure that the people in the nose are sitting in there seats and dont touch anything until the driver gets back in.

LOVE the crib set, it's really adorable! I can't believe the kid did that! I'm curious as to whether or not anyone was hurt!

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder

Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #758
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Great Update Dan!!

Its okay it took so long, we know real life gets in the way sometimes

Great pic of you with the earring and your dw with the cute little hat Very sly there putting the star there as a hint

Like what yours and your wife nightly ritual....Time to go to the room

I am going to guess...yes...you got more pins and who did you run into??

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....a wall........Ow....that hurt

Sorry, I am tired and delirous...ds wouldn;t go to bed lat night

Oh, like the nursery decor..Very cute..One quesito, where is Donald
thanks guys, the picture stuff is alot of fun, we love playing around in that area.
well i did run into some walls, but that is not it.

Donald will be well represented believe me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hi,
great update.

nice that u got to do both parks that night.

the nose story is scary. People also should not have there kids touching things they should not be touching. Just my opinion.
Yeah I agree also, you see so many people at Disney at everywhere for that matter, that just care less about what there kids are doing and dont pay attention to them. And they wonder how they get hurt.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #759
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
All caught up again.
Take your time Dan......real life is important & it does get in the way of our dissing sometimes & I think we all understand. : If you write it, we will come.
Love the nursery theme......but I agree, you must add some touches of your man Donald.
Great update.........I love night time Disney shots. It seems so magical at night to me.
of your monorail nose story. Hope nobody got hurt.
I am loving your report.......come check out my pre-trippie if you get time...I hope to get a nice shot of Main Street all done up in the colored lights like you asked about when we are at the Halloween party.
Thanks for sticky with me during the long update absence. We have some donald stuffed animals that will be in there, and there is also a new place in our mall that we can paint statues, there is one of donald we are going to get and paint up for the room.
I will take apicture when we get it.
The night time shots are awesome. He never told us if anyone got hurt or not.

I will check out your report i a few minutes.
and thanks for trying to get a picture, i think that looks so awesome when they do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
The two of you are just adorable! Another great update.

And just to put a little bug in your ear... when the two of you think you are ready, you should try to visit the DVC promotion, just to see what it's all about. Then you can actually get off of the boat and GO TO YOUR VILLA at the Beach Club!

DH and I finally did the DVC thing and we feel completely spoiled when we go to WDW now!

Just a thought!

Ready for more....
We really did consider it last year, but when we found out that you only get it for like 40 or some years then have to give it up, we were kinda turned away, plus we usually get really good deals on stuff when we go, so the price difference was not that much. We might consider it some other time. We can also use DW's parents time share stuff at disney some year, so we might do that with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAshton View Post
Ahhh a little trouble maker in the making. LOL.
Yes i dead. he caused them to change there whole policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
That is really nice!
Thanks, we are excited to start getting it set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
That picture of you and DW in front of Spaceship Earth is beautiful.

The story about the baby "driving" the monorail is scary! Pretty humorous at the same time though.
I really like that pic also. Turned out better than the photopass guys pic.
Yeah it is kinda funny also, but I am still not sure if anyone got hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierresgirl View Post
LOVE the crib set, it's really adorable! I can't believe the kid did that! I'm curious as to whether or not anyone was hurt!
thank you, me too, I hope that they were all inside there cars already.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #760
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Lucky me, my cousin decided TGMR was his favorite ride in disney!! I must have fell asleep--err, i mean went on it a dozen times!!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #761
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I liked the person on board as well, got to hear more info that way. I think they are going to go with the movie thing, they said they were getting alot of postive feed back.
Just have 2 screens open, that way you can switch back and forth.

Maybe I will post some baby pics in a little while, right now the ones I took she says just make her look fat, because you can not really tell she is pregnant, that it just looks like a little dunlap.

Does anyone know what a dunlap is?

It is when your belly dun laps over your belt area, you know a dun lap.

thanks, I had to take it out that night, it was to heavy and people were laughing at me.
awesome, the movie thing is something I will look forward to next year then. I hope the do it.

I can understand your wife not wanting the first few pictures of her up right now until you can actually tell she is pregnant. I'd probably be the same way.

And I at the dun lap explination. Thanks for that

Quote:

that is very cute

Quote:

Well when we were talking with the very nice CM on our first day there while waiting for the nose when we were going to dinner at Ohana, he told us.

But first we found out that there is only like 20 percent of the people that work there are full time year round. He also told us some other stuff about working there but mostly about applying since DW and I are planning on working there when are kids are out of college, so on with the story now.

Well turns out that about 2 weeks before we arrived, there was a family with a little kid that was in the nose waiting to take off, well while they were in the nose and the driver was outside waiting until everyone got on it so happened that the parents wanted to put the little kid in the driver seat because it would be cute.

what were those parents thinking putting their kid in the drivers seat!? Rediculus. I hope no one was hurt but I'm sure someone at least got caught since, like you said, there are so many doors and somany ppl trying to get on at one time usually. Hopefully it wasn't too bad though. Geesh. Some people.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #762
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Lucky me, my cousin decided TGMR was his favorite ride in disney!! I must have fell asleep--err, i mean went on it a dozen times!!
you are very lucky for getting so many rides on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
awesome, the movie thing is something I will look forward to next year then. I hope the do it.

I can understand your wife not wanting the first few pictures of her up right now until you can actually tell she is pregnant. I'd probably be the same way.
And I at the dun lap explination. Thanks for that

that is very cute

what were those parents thinking putting their kid in the drivers seat!? Rediculus. I hope no one was hurt but I'm sure someone at least got caught since, like you said, there are so many doors and somany ppl trying to get on at one time usually. Hopefully it wasn't too bad though. Geesh. Some people.
I still might post them they are on the computer and I want to put them up, if I do it, I guess I can always ask for forgivness later, and give her my little puppy dog eyes.

But maybe I will ask first.

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #763
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Great update!! Glad to read things worked out for you to still enjoy the night.

Those parents did not have their heads on straight while in the Monorail. What in the world were they thinking???
Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #764
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Great update!! Glad to read things worked out for you to still enjoy the night.

Those parents did not have their heads on straight while in the Monorail. What in the world were they thinking???
Hey glad to have you back, how are things going with your daughter, feeling all better.

We had an awesome night and it was a great day in the parks to start our first full day.

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #765
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you are very lucky for getting so many rides on there.

I still might post them they are on the computer and I want to put them up, if I do it, I guess I can always ask for forgivness later, and give her my little puppy dog eyes.

But maybe I will ask first.

oooo yeah do the puppy dog eyes. That seems to always work. I'm sure she doesn't look fat at all. She's too tiny to look fat. I'm sure it's a very cute little baby bump. I hope we get to see it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: