Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2007, 01:11 PM   #46
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Thanks, Has anyone stayed at AS Sports yet, I heard that since it was the first of the 4 value resorts, it is not that up to par. I am sure it will be fine since nothing and Disney is that bad, but just wandering if any of you have had a first hand experience there?
Yes we have stayed at All Star Sports it has been a while ago but it was a blast So much fun with all the Huge Icons & great Pools...Try to get close to a pool or the Main building as it is quiet a walk if you don't..

here is a pic of Touchdown

you can go to allears,net & get more pics + a resort map...

On a side Note I don't Know if you Know this but you Can Edit your First Post Title to change it to the New Winner by clicking edit on the post & going to Go Advanced & then youo can change the title !!!

you got your Traveling Papers!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-31-2007, 09:47 PM   #47
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 4. 9 days of glorious glorious food, and what parks we will visit.

Chapter 4. 9 days of glorious glorious food, and what parks we will visit.

Well my DW gave a few updates as to where we are going to eat and the first few days of plans, but I am going to run through the whole vacation here as well. Hope nobody minds.

Our Anniversary vacation will actually start on Wednesday Aug.29 I am going to take off work early and take our little dog out to my DW's family where he is going to get a nice little vacation from mom and dad. He will be sad but he likes to spend time with his grandma and grandpa and cousin Lucky (their family dog.)

Here is the picture of our cute puppy, his name is chip.

Okay so Chip is dropped off and the vacation begins.

Thursday Aug. 30
We arrive in Disney at about 12:30 and will stroll around the World.

Dinner at 6:20 at Ohana

Friday Aug. 31
Go to MGM for the day, we really like this park.

Dinner at 4:50 at Mama Melrosas

Saturday Sept. 1
Since it is Saturday and the parks will probly be crowded, we might go mini golfing, sea racers (have to talk DW into this one) or just lay around the pool and hotel hop. Has anyone else gone on the Sea racers, we did it last year and it is gonna be tough to talk her into it this year. She was not a huge fan, maybe because I almost tipped her out of the boat.

Dinner at the ESPN club I love this place as well as DW.
And this is where one of the title options for the trip report originated. The famous nacho plate that had no chance once it was placed in front of me.

Sunday Sept. 2
Sunday go to a water park not sure which one. Or we may change the days around on Saturday and Sunday, we can still keep our dinner reservations though. They will not be affected.

Dinner at 6:40 Whispering Canyone Cafe

Monday Sept. 3
This is another off day ( I know we have them all scheduled at the begining of the trip, but I thought it might be busy in the parks with the Labor Day weekend) DTD shopping and lunch at Planet Hollywood to use our dining voucher.

Dinner at 6:00 Chef Mickey's

Side note, has anyone been to the parks on Labor Day or Labor Day weekend I have read that it can be busy but want a first hand experience.

Tuesday Sept. 4
Head to AK in the morning, we are usually done with this park around 4ish so then we will spend the evening at MK and take our time since we will be there the next day.

Dinner at 6:00 Tony's Town Square

Wednesday Sept. 5
Magic Kingdom hit everything that we did not the night before and maybe what we loved twice.

Dinner at 6:00 Liberty Tree Tavern

Thursday Sept. 6
What ever water park we did not hit earlier in the week.

Dinner at 6:30 at Boatwright.

This is the dinner that we changed and added on. DW found that they have jumbalya and that is one of my favorite meals. She already knows what she wants to order, the pot roast, I do not know how she already has that picked out, when she can not decide what she wants to eat right now for dinner. Oh well I am up for anything and can always find something to eat. I guess that can be a problem that I like to much food and will eat just about anything.

So here is your first chance to vote on something else. If anyone has a suggestion for a different restaurant this night at one of the resorts, you can make your case and tell us what your favorite dishes or items are at that restaurant. If your case is strong enough then we might change our minds and switch were we are dinning this evening.

Friday Sept. 7
Last full day at WDW but we still get to go to Epcot this night, we really enjoy this park, and it is going to be one of our most anticipated meals.

Lunch we want to eat at the Seasons in the land because of the variety.

Dinner at 6:00 Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki
Dinner will now be at Nine Dragons since this restaurant in Japan will not be opened up yet.

I have eaten at one of these types of restaurants on a Business Trip and loved it. I know DW will to, she has seen some shows on these places and is very excited.

Saturday Sept. 8

Catch the 1:30 plane out of Orlando and head home.

I am sure we will be talking about coming back on the way home.

Up next Chapter 5. ......Mystery Chapter....That means I am not sure what I am going to write about yet.....

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 08-16-2007 at 01:19 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #48
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
Subscribing!

Love the title!! That was my fave as well.
The title is now changed to reflect the peoples choice.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi1375 View Post
I think getting the luggage tags is one of the best things about the trip. You know you are close when you get the tags and it is your first Disney surprise!

I have never stayed in All Star Sports, but I am sure you will be fine. Can't wait to read more.
I love Disney suprises, hope we get some more like last year, but if not, just being there is awesome.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #49
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
Yes we have stayed at All Star Sports it has been a while ago but it was a blast So much fun with all the Huge Icons & great Pools...Try to get close to a pool or the Main building as it is quiet a walk if you don't..

you can go to allears,net & get more pics + a resort map...

On a side Note I don't Know if you Know this but you Can Edit your First Post Title to change it to the New Winner by clicking edit on the post & going to Go Advanced & then youo can change the title !!!

you got your Traveling Papers!!!

Thanks for the info, we are hoping to get into the football section. I have seen that site, I am going to have to go back and look at the resort again.

I finally got the title changed last night. Thanks.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #50
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Great TR!!! We will be there the same time you guys are (Sept. 4-12th) and we will be at the MK and Epcot the same time as you as I think!

Can't wait to hear more!

Oh, I get my dog groomed at Petsmart too! :D

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #51
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Great TR!!! We will be there the same time you guys are (Sept. 4-12th) and we will be at the MK and Epcot the same time as you as I think!

Can't wait to hear more!

Oh, I get my dog groomed at Petsmart too! :D
Thanks, and glad you are enjoying it.

You now know what we look like so if you happen to see us one of those days, make sure to say hi.

We took him to petsmart during his puppy days, now the price has gone up to over 45 dollars, and he is only 8 pounds, I have started to cute his hair myself and I like it better when we do it.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #52
mvazul
DIS Veteran

How was your camping trip? Did you have a good time? Hopefully you had better neighbors than we had.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #53
dreamingofdisney07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
How was your camping trip? Did you have a good time? Hopefully you had better neighbors than we had.
We had an awesome time! It is always relaxing and such a nice trip from "the real world". Saturday night come bedtime (11:50ish), our neighbors who we have not seen all day, and even the night before, thought it would be great to play their guitars, drink beer and sing at 12:00am! No one keeps me awake when I am trying to go to sleep. I love my sleep! When my DH got back from the showers, I told him what was going on and we called the DNR and told them what was going on and they said they would come to the site and take care of it. The next morning the dad of one of the couples came over from his campsite and said that he head the DNR made a stop lastnight! It was quite funny. Needless to say they did quiet down. What was wrong with your neighbors?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #54
dreamingofdisney07
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! Just a little update... I called Dining reservations this morning and they told me that the Teppanyaki dining room won't be open till mid September. So we made a change in reservations and I got us lunch reservations to eat at the Garden Grill with Chip and Dale! I haven't been able to find a menu showing what they have, but I heard that it's good. I did see a few pics though. If anyone has any suggestions to whats good, please fill us in. Ofcourse I'm excited as well because my boys will be there!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #55
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdisney07 View Post
We had an awesome time! It is always relaxing and such a nice trip from "the real world". Saturday night come bedtime (11:50ish), our neighbors who we have not seen all day, and even the night before, thought it would be great to play their guitars, drink beer and sing at 12:00am! No one keeps me awake when I am trying to go to sleep. I love my sleep! When my DH got back from the showers, I told him what was going on and we called the DNR and told them what was going on and they said they would come to the site and take care of it. The next morning the dad of one of the couples came over from his campsite and said that he head the DNR made a stop lastnight! It was quite funny. Needless to say they did quiet down. What was wrong with your neighbors?
Your neighbors sound like they could have been related to our camping neighbors. Our neighbors made Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon's Vaction movies look classy!! I posted about it on our pre-trip report - here. Posts #248 and 250.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #56
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone! Just a little update... I called Dining reservations this morning and they told me that the Teppanyaki dining room won't be open till mid September. So we made a change in reservations and I got us lunch reservations to eat at the Garden Grill with Chip and Dale! I haven't been able to find a menu showing what they have, but I heard that it's good. I did see a few pics though. If anyone has any suggestions to whats good, please fill us in. Ofcourse I'm excited as well because my boys will be there!

Here is the menu for the Garden Grill. This site is great for finding menus and information for most restaurants at Disney.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #57
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
I am very upset up the Teppanyaki restaurant not opening in time. I really wanted to eat there. Guess that is a good reason to go back next year. I told DW today to pick a new restaurant in Epcot, I along with everyone else on here nows why she picked that one. I bet they are gonna try and take DW and run out into the land with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Your neighbors sound like they could have been related to our camping neighbors. Our neighbors made Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon's Vaction movies look classy!! I posted about it on our pre-trip report - here. Posts #248 and 250.
I would love to meet cousin Eddie. DW gets really upset if someone trys to get in the way of her sleep. She has even been know to break down in tears if people are keeping her up and she can't get a good nights rest. But for some reason she doesnt mind when it is something important to get up for. Like when we first got our puppy (the little guy that is pictured above) and he woak up every two hours at night to wimper and go potty outside.

Or course it was during that zero degree winter we had this year, and I was the one that went outside with him. But my lovely was waiting at the door to warm us up.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #58
csharp7
Earning My Ears

The title definitely caught my eye, cause here I am!!

Also - Dale stole me from my BF at the Storyteller Cafe Character Breakfast in DL a few months ago! We didn't get as far as your DW did. But that's probably because Chip wasn't helping

Can't wait to hear about your wonderful trip! It'll help me get ready and anticipate my own - too bad we won't be there at the same time.

PS - I notice you have an affinity for Donald - Donald was always my little sister's *favorite* I have had my soft spot for Chip N' Dale since I was really little.
1998 - Contemporary w/the whole Ohana (age 15 )
2007!!! - September, Caribbean Beach w/BF ( )

Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #59
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharp7 View Post
The title definitely caught my eye, cause here I am!!

Also - Dale stole me from my BF at the Storyteller Cafe Character Breakfast in DL a few months ago! We didn't get as far as your DW did. But that's probably because Chip wasn't helping

Can't wait to hear about your wonderful trip! It'll help me get ready and anticipate my own - too bad we won't be there at the same time.

PS - I notice you have an affinity for Donald - Donald was always my little sister's *favorite* I have had my soft spot for Chip N' Dale since I was really little.
glad you found us. I wonder what it is about those guys and taking women that are off the market. I am going to have to talk to them about that. You guys are gonna love the CBR.

Yes, Donald is awesome. sorry about that. I have always liked him and ducks in general. Any time DW and I are driving by the pond down the road from our house I have to tell her to look at the white ducks. We love to feed them. In college they would eat right out of our hands. I have a neat picture where there is about ten of them standing around us eating that I have to find and post on here.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #60
csharp7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Yes, Donald is awesome. sorry about that. I have always liked him and ducks in general. Any time DW and I are driving by the pond down the road from our house I have to tell her to look at the white ducks. We love to feed them. In college they would eat right out of our hands. I have a neat picture where there is about ten of them standing around us eating that I have to find and post on here.
She loves them too - she has an enormous duck collection! She just got a new car - a yellow VW bug! My dad joked that she's going to have to paint the hood orange to look like a bill!

I always think it's amazing that fads come and go and people's preferences change as they age, but she has loved ducks as much or more her whole life - since she could say the word 'duck'!

I'm really excited for CBR - neither of us has ever been (we're a bit partial to the Contemporary) but reviews and pictures look great!
1998 - Contemporary w/the whole Ohana (age 15 )
2007!!! - September, Caribbean Beach w/BF ( )

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: