Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #31
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I vote for the first one too.

You can set up a poll on the DIS, but I really don't know how to do it.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #32
mvazul
DIS Veteran

That was a great way to start out your trip!! Now you get to go back, again, during YOAMD. Very cool!!

BTW - my dad can do the Donald voice. He does it perfectly and sounds just like him. He used to always make my sister and me laugh so hard every time he would do it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #33
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I vote for the first one too.

You can set up a poll on the DIS, but I really don't know how to do it.
Thanks for the vote, I was thinking about doing a poll but I wanted to be able to have the choices close to the descriptions.
Would you be the person to contact when we are ready to move this from a Pre-trip Report to the trip report board when we get back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
That was a great way to start out your trip!! Now you get to go back, again, during YOAMD. Very cool!!

BTW - my dad can do the Donald voice. He does it perfectly and sounds just like him. He used to always make my sister and me laugh so hard every time he would do it.
I try to do the voice all the time sometimes I can do it and then I try again right away and I am way off. DW thinks it is so funny cause I get that I can't do it on command. Does he still do the voice for you guys.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #34
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Does he still do the voice for you guys.
Yes, he does - when we actually get to see him. He now lives in Nashville. I am in Chicago and my sister is in Seneca Falls, NY. However, he will do it for my kids on the phone when we call each other. The kids think it's great!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #35
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Yes, he does - when we actually get to see him. He now lives in Nashville. I am in Chicago and my sister is in Seneca Falls, NY. However, he will do it for my kids on the phone when we call each other. The kids think it's great!!
That is great that he still does that. One of these days I am going to perfect that voice, and then disney will have no choice but to hire me to do Donalds voice in movies and shows.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #36
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 3. The plans

This Installement will only our plans without the ADR. The ADR's will be up later, we are going out of town camping this weekend, and dont have time to put all of that up now.

Well as many if not all of you know there is the free dining going on again this year. We were lucky enough to have our trip planned last year during that time and this year as well. I think we found a new favorite time of year to go.
At the end of 2005 we already had our wedding date set and knew we were going to go to Disney for our honeymoon. At this time I went online and bought 10 day park hopper passes with 5 water park days and no experation. I think they were 403 total. Now those same passes with 6 water park days are around 430ish i believe. Well when we were booking the free dining package last year, they told us that you need to only have a 1 day park pass to qualify for the free dining your entire stay. So I told the friendly CM on the phone to give me a one day base ticket for each of us. It came to around 130 dollars with tax and everything, and we were now going to get 8 days of meals free for just a 130 dollars.

So we used that one day ticket, and 3 days off our 10 day pass as well as two water parks last year.

So for this years trip we still have 7 days and 3 water park days left. I did the same thing this year and bought one extra base ticket for about 130-140 for the two of us and then we were signed up for the free dining for our 9 nights this year.

When we leave Disney this year we will still have 4 days and 1 water park left. That means one more trip without having to buy tickets.

We will be in the world from Aug 30th till Sept. 8th. Staying at AllStar Sports.

We plan on going in each park one day, both water parks, and we have two days scheduled to do nothing. On the days off we will go to DTD, lay around the pool, go visit some of the other hotels, maybe mini golfing, sea racers. (I scared DW in these last year she thought I was going to tip us over because I was making sharp turns.) I love her to much to let her fall in the water

I promise to add the day by day plans on the next post, but since this one was not all that interesting I will post some more pics from last years trip.

Pics from last year:
Getting in line for the magical express at the airport. We literally walked to the front of the line and straight on the bus, and maybe waited 3 minutes for the bus to pull out and get on the way.

This was on the way back to the room after eating at Ohana on the first day of our trip. The CBR was so beautiful and relaxing.

Right behind my beautiful wife is the door to our room, it was a corner room with a view of the lake from the balcony. Very nice and peaceful.

Up Next Chapter 4. 9 days of glorious glorious food, and what parks we will visit.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 08-01-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #37
FauntleroyFAN07

Were the Voting Stands now

Right now we are about halfway through the voting time and the votes stand as follows.

Option 1. 9 Votes
Option 2. 0 Votes
Option 3. 1 Vote
Option 4. 0 Votes

I think we can all tell where the favorite is. But I will still leave the voting open till Sunday night. Hope everyone has a good weekend, and now its time to go camping.

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #38
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Right now we are about halfway through the voting time and the votes stand as follows.

Option 1. 9 Votes
Option 2. 0 Votes
Option 3. 1 Vote
Option 4. 0 Votes

I think we can all tell where the favorite is. But I will still leave the voting open till Sunday night. Hope everyone has a good weekend, and now its time to go camping.

Love the Update & the pics...CBR is a wonderful resort...but you will like ASsports too....

I think you have left off the fact that there are 2 Votes for naming this report the You vote for what we do at Disney Report!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #39
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
Love the Update & the pics...CBR is a wonderful resort...but you will like ASsports too....

Thanks, Has anyone stayed at AS Sports yet, I heard that since it was the first of the 4 value resorts, it is not that up to par. I am sure it will be fine since nothing and Disney is that bad, but just wandering if any of you have had a first hand experience there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post

I think you have left off the fact that there are 2 Votes for naming this report the You vote for what we do at Disney Report!!!!
Sorry Disneydad, I did forget that there was the other two votes. I will still give you some choices later on as to what we may do, but for now, I think we have a clear cut favorite for the Title of the Trip Report.

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #40
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 3-a. A winner has been Choosen

If you have been reading along, and voted, I am sure that you know what the winning vote is, so without further hesitation.........

....Option 1.

Will Chip and Dale steal my wife again?

Thank you everyone for voting, and now that we have a title for the Pre-trip Report, we can get down to business with some plans and day by day schedule for everyone to enjoy.

I'm not sure if the plans will be up tonight or tommorrow, we have bible group tonight, and sometimes it goes pretty late.
Hope everyone had a good weekend, and enjoyed the outdoors some.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 07-30-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #41
dreamingofdisney07
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! This is the DW of FauntleroyFan. I am very impressed at the thread that he has made. I enjoy reading it every day as well. I'm glad choice number 1 has won because I have to say that is my favorite as well. I don't need to go into the whole story since it has already been told.
It's down to a month now before the trip and I am getting more and more excited every day! I would have to say this is only my second true disney experience trip that I have gone on. I did go with my family when I was younger, but we didn't get the whole experience to trully love that place! My DH and I have been buying Disney clothes off the Disney Store outlet when things go on sale, and I do believe we have one disney outfit for each day we are down there!
I am looking forward to staying at the All Star Sports. I have heard that it's not that clean, and kinda run down since it is the oldest. Is that true? I don't feel like I will be let down though, because it's Disney and all. We'll be staying at the football complex since football is my DH and I FAVORITE sport. GO COLTS! Well, I will write again soon.

Last edited by dreamingofdisney07; 07-30-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #42
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdisney07 View Post
Hi everyone! This is the DW of FauntleroyFan. I am very impressed at the thread that he has made. I enjoy reading it every day as well. I'm glad choice number 1 has won because I have to say that is my favorite as well.
COLOR=red]It's down to a month now before the trip and I am getting more and more excited every day! I would have to say this is only my second true disney experience trip that I have gone on. I did go with my family when I was younger, but we didn't get the whole experience to trully love that place!
Well thank you for saying that dear, I hope everyone else is enjoying the report as well, it is going to have more detail soon and will become more exciting.

At lunch today we just recieved our luggage tags and vouchers for everything. That is exciting.

This trip is going to be that much better and more interesting even for a seasoned Disney pro like myself, sense I am finding out more and more tips and secrets from all of you great people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdisney07 View Post
My DH and I have been buying Disney clothes off the Disney Store outlet when things go on sale, and I do believe we have one disney outfit for each day we are down there!
We'll be staying at the football complex since football is my DH and I FAVORITE sport. GO COLTS! Well, I will write again soon.
I am pumped about my new shirts and polos I got. I love to have a different Disney shirt to wear each day. Allthough I might have to wear the donald one twice during the trip.

I will say that she likes football just as much as me, but she is still a colts fan, I am trying to break her of that, but not sure that I can do much there. I still love her and it gives us some friendly competition. The superbowl was interesting last year though. It only took me about 4 days to start talking to her again. Just kidding. I talked to her right away.

GO BEARS

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #43
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Subscribing!

Love the title!! That was my fave as well.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #44
jessi1375
Mouseketeer

I think getting the luggage tags is one of the best things about the trip. You know you are close when you get the tags and it is your first Disney surprise!

I have never stayed in All Star Sports, but I am sure you will be fine. Can't wait to read more.
DL 2008
Old 07-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #45
dreamingofdisney07
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Since my DH is busy at work I thought I would share some details about our trip myself. We are now under a month and I can't describe how excited I am! Well, I am sure all of you probably know how I am feeling. To begin, our flight will leave from Chicago Midway at 9:02am on August 30th and arrive in Orlando at 12:31pm. I am already anticipating no sleep the night before! It's like that commercial where the little boy and girl are in their bedroom and the parents are in bed and they come walking in to their kids room and the little boy says, "I'm to excited to sleep!" That is me all the way!
Like you all know already, we are staying at the All Star Sports. The first evening we are there we will be eating at O'Hana! That place is amazing. He'll probably get me to get up and do the hula like last time again, while he records me making a fool out of myself. I really need to get him up and do it this time! What do you think? Friday we will venture over to MGM (my second favorite park). For dinner I believe we have reservations at Mama Melroses. What is the best thing to eat there? Does anyone have a good suggestion for lunch as well? My favorite thing at MGM has to Fantasmic. I'm like a little kid though when I watch any of the evening shows at the parks!
I remember the first trip (our honeymoon), we were arriving at MK by the monorail and my eyes filled up with tears! I know I'm not the only one that that happens to though. I saw a group of ladies in their 50's that got all teary eyed when they were walking up to the gates.
I won't go into much detail about our trip because I am sure the DH will want to say some things, and most likely have some sort of poll for you all. Saturday is an off day, we haven't really decided what we will do that day. The choices are shopping, miniature golfing, hotel hopping, etc.... who knows we may end up doing it all! For dinner though we are eating at ESPN Club. Well, I'll stop there. We'll be adding lots more very soon. Have a magical day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: