Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #136
randy4au
Ka-chow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Tell her not to be shy, it is fun to come out and share with people what you did, and you get both sides of the story, DW and I seem to have two different stories for everything, oh well, it makes it fun to read that way. hehe.

He is a malti poo. A mix between a maltese and a poodle.
That's the problem...I'm not sure if I want everyone to hear BOTH sides of the story. J/K!!!

A malti poo...cool. There so many new mixed breeds available now that I can't keep up with them all. I could have sworn he had a little Shih Tzu in him judging from the fur pattern on his muzzle.

~ ~ Random Acts of Randy ~ ~
My thread for random chit-chat

TRIP REPORTS:
First Trip to WDW in 21 Years!!! ***Over 600 pics***
When The World Was Young: Trips to WDW in the 70's & 80's w/ PICS!!!

1972 - offsite
| 1975 - offsite | 1980 - Vacation Villas (RIP) | 1983 - Contemporary Resort + offsite | 1986 - offsite | 2007 - Pop Century Resort
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #137
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy4au View Post
That's the problem...I'm not sure if I want everyone to hear BOTH sides of the story. J/K!!!

A malti poo...cool. There so many new mixed breeds available now that I can't keep up with them all. I could have sworn he had a little Shih Tzu in him judging from the fur pattern on his muzzle.
That is the one problem with DW joining in, I can get in trouble for some stories. just kidding hunny, there are no bad stories just funny ones.

Yeah we fell in love with the little man when saw him. It was kinda sad when we thought about it, he left his mom that morning and she did not know that he would ever come back. They say that puppies do not remember that much, but I wonder how long the moms remeber that there babys are gone.

That is sentimental enough for now.

Everyone thinks that he is a shih tzu when they first see him.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #138
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah we fell in love with the little man when saw him. It was kinda sad when we thought about it, he left his mom that morning and she did not know that he would ever come back. They say that puppies do not remember that much, but I wonder how long the moms remeber that there babys are gone.

That is sentimental enough for now.

Everyone thinks that he is a shih tzu when they first see him.
awwww, that's so sweet. Never thought about it that way. I feel like it's time for a group hug or something
Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #139
FauntleroyFAN07

Thanks for the group hug leger.

Now I was going to wait till I got more pics of our little man off the other computer, but I found this in my email. It is the first picture we have of him, the lady sent us this picture to see if we would be interested in him. He is the one in the middle with the dark on his face. Like anyone could not be interested in him by that picture. When DW saw the picture of him for the first time she cried a little and said " I want him"

Those are his brothers, the one was already gone the next morning so it was between him and the one on the right. (He has lost most of his color, but stil has some darker areas.) When we were looking at him, he didnt want to run around and play he just kept crawing in DW's lap and laying down. We thought he was broken and did not know how to play, but it turns out that the lady whos dog it was always cuddled with him and he loved to be right next to the humans at all times. He did eventually start to play.

I will post more pics later of the little man and some really cute ones from christmas, Can you guess what we used to do to him when we went shopping. It is not mean just really cute and funny. I will show pics later.

To come, more pics of Chip and the start of a mini trip report from last years trip of what we did at the world.

Stay Tuned....

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #140
randy4au
Ka-chow!

Quote:

I will post more pics later of the little man and some really cute ones from christmas, Can you guess what we used to do to him when we went shopping. It is not mean just really cute and funny. I will show pics later.

To come, more pics of Chip and the start of a mini trip report from last years trip of what we did at the world.

Stay Tuned....
TOO CUTE!!! Yeah, I would have picked the one in the middle too. Can't wait to see more pics!

TRIP REPORTS:

1972 - offsite
| 1975 - offsite | 1980 - Vacation Villas (RIP) | 1983 - Contemporary Resort + offsite | 1986 - offsite | 2007 - Pop Century Resort
Old 08-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #141
ShooshBrat
Mouseketeer

Cool aaaaawwwww!!!

Okay, so I am back from the land of heartache, and back on track-well semi-on track.

Thanks for the kind words!

And, I'm caught up on your thread!! YaYYYY!!!!

The Puppies are SOOOO CUTE, everyone!!!!

Now I MUST post ours too!!

This is Pixie....she likes to pretend to be a "gift" under the tree......she's a Lhaso/Yorkie mix, and my BABY......She's been VERY sick with allergies since we moved to Florida, and pulls her furr out constantly...this was one of the bad episodes

And this is Sophie. She's our Australian Shepherd. She was a rescue dog...and we love her to death! Yes, she has 2 different color eyes- 1 blue/1 brown....it adds to her charachter! not that she needs any help.

They are just as spoiled as the rest of the family. They each get stockings and we wrap treats for their gifts, that they open themselves!! It's the kewlest! You just can't put the "wrapped gifts" under the tree before christmas eve, or they find them early.......ya, I learned that the hard way!
Coming home and finding giftwrap all over the livingroom, is always fun though!

Okay, now that I've corrupted your thread once again....I'm off to read more!!! So much catching up to do!!! I'm AFRAID to head to DDads.......that'll take me all day!

Oh!! And my DH and DD want to THANK YOU Since your "joke" about the DW putting the LGMHs on her hairclips, I've gotten it in my head to make ponytail MHs for my Pigtails........just another way to embarrass my family!!!! YAY!!!!! of course, I'm the only one laughing about it here!!!

MUST make sure and find you guys the day I wear them, so we can take a picture together!!!!

Baby aka Da Brat....or you can just call me Amy

Taking the World By Storm- Our Pre-TR-WITH PICS- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post19898424

I've Been BOO'ed!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/baby_aka_dabrat

Me (37) DH (34) irate: DD (19)
Old 08-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #142
randy4au
Ka-chow!

Man, this thread sure has gone to the dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooshBrat View Post

Your doggies are cute too! Thanks for sharing the pics!

TRIP REPORTS:

1972 - offsite
Old 08-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #143
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

What a cute dog!! I have a black and whit shihtzu just like that! We keep him shaved though!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #144
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the group hug leger.

Now I was going to wait till I got more pics of our little man off the other computer, but I found this in my email. It is the first picture we have of him, the lady sent us this picture to see if we would be interested in him. He is the one in the middle with the dark on his face. Like anyone could not be interested in him by that picture. When DW saw the picture of him for the first time she cried a little and said " I want him"

Those are his brothers, the one was already gone the next morning so it was between him and the one on the right. (He has lost most of his color, but stil has some darker areas.) When we were looking at him, he didnt want to run around and play he just kept crawing in DW's lap and laying down. We thought he was broken and did not know how to play, but it turns out that the lady whos dog it was always cuddled with him and he loved to be right next to the humans at all times. He did eventually start to play.

Stay Tuned....
Sooooo cute!!! I would've picked the one with the dark spots as well. He's just too cute. Can't wait to see more.

I'll be waiting to ready that mini-trip report.

Quote:
Okay, so I am back from the land of heartache, and back on track-well semi-on track.

Thanks for the kind words!

This is Pixie....she likes to pretend to be a "gift" under the tree......she's a Lhaso/Yorkie mix, and my BABY......She's been VERY sick with allergies since we moved to Florida, and pulls her furr out constantly...this was one of the bad episodes

And this is Sophie. She's our Australian Shepherd. She was a rescue dog...and we love her to death! Yes, she has 2 different color eyes- 1 blue/1 brown....it adds to her charachter! not that she needs any help.

They are just as spoiled as the rest of the family. They each get stockings and we wrap treats for their gifts, that they open themselves!! It's the kewlest! You just can't put the "wrapped gifts" under the tree before christmas eve, or they find them early.......ya, I learned that the hard way!

Okay, now that I've corrupted your thread once again....I'm off to read more!!! So much catching up to do!!! I'm AFRAID to head to DDads.......that'll take me all day!

Oh!! And my DH and DD want to THANK YOU Since your "joke" about the DW putting the LGMHs on her hairclips, I've gotten it in my head to make ponytail MHs for my Pigtails........just another way to embarrass my family!!!! YAY!!!!! of course, I'm the only one laughing about it here!!!

MUST make sure and find you guys the day I wear them, so we can take a picture together!!!!
your doggies are adorable too. Dogs are the best!!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #145
randy4au
Ka-chow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
What a cute dog!! I have a black and white shihtzu just like that! We keep him shaved though!
Thanks Nicole (I'm guessing you were talking about my dog since he is a black and white Shih Tzu)! We usually have Alvin's hair cut really short several times a year because (as I'm sure you already know) it's so hard to keep a Shih Tzu groomed when their hair gets longer. Alvin really needs another haircut right now.

OK, sorry to highjack this thread again, but I now have access to more photos of Alvin on my home computer.

Here is Alvin's Christmas portrait which I shot two years ago. He had just been clipped at PetSmart earlier that day and was still sporting his PetSmart Christmas bandanna.

Some time last year, my mom bought these cute little stuffed animals--a sleeping kitten and sleeping puppy--which she gave to Austin. One night, Alvin was asleep on the couch, and I got an idea for a cute photo. I gently placed the sleeping kitten on one side of Alvin and the sleeping puppy on the other side, being careful not to wake him. Then, just before snapping the first photo, Alvin woke up when the flash on my camera popped up. But I went ahead and took the photo anyway.

Now before posting the next photos, I must tell you that Alvin is not a lap dog. He likes to cuddle at times, but only briefly. By no means does that mean that he is not affectionate--he just likes his space. He is like my shadow and follows me around wherever I go in the house (unless he's napping of course), and if I sit on the couch, he always joins me. But I usually sit on one end, and he'll sit on the other end (of course, he doesn't have the option of enjoying his personal space if Cindy or Austin--or both--are also on the couch, but he reluctantly squeezes in to join us).

Needless to say, the following pics are VERY uncharacteristic of Alvin. These first two photos were shot on Christmas afternoon last December. Because of all the excitement of Christmas with family visiting and gift opening and not being able to take the naps that he is able to enjoy when we're at work during the day, Alvin was exhausted by the end of the day. I saw that he was very tired, and laid him on my chest--expecting that he wouldn't stay there for long. Much to my surprise, he laid on top of me for probably an hour, and I told Cindy that she had to take some photographs of this rare occasion.

One night back in March, I laid Andrew (who was then about 7 weeks old) on the couch to sleep. Alvin was already resting on one end of the couch, so I placed Andrew at the other end to avoid encroaching on Alvin's personal space. Much to my surprise, Alvin decided to move over and curl up right next to Andrew--almost as if he was trying to protect him. TOO CUTE!!! I quickly grabbed my camera to get some photos. Here is one of those pics:

TRIP REPORTS:

1972 - offsite
Old 08-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #146
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:

This is Pixie....she likes to pretend to be a "gift" under the tree......she's a Lhaso/Yorkie mix, and my BABY

Glad you are getting caught up again. Our dog also likes to unwrap presents. He is getting good at it. Your dogs are also cute. That is funny that you are going to make the hairclips. I was just joking when I said that but if you do it then that would be great make sure you take a picture and share it with everyone if you cant find us.

Quote:
Man, this thread sure has gone to the dogs.

Your doggies are cute too! Thanks for sharing the pics!
It is going to the dogs. haha. I have just one more picture that I promised from christmas and then it is back to the report. We dont want others reading on here to get scared away with all the cute puppies are posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Sooooo cute!!! I would've picked the one with the dark spots as well. He's just too cute. Can't wait to see more.

I'll be waiting to ready that mini-trip report.

your doggies are adorable too. Dogs are the best!!
The first stage of the mini trip report from last year will be up a little later this morning, so stay tuned.

Quote:
Here is Alvin's Christmas portrait which I shot two years ago. He had just been clipped at PetSmart earlier that day and was still sporting his PetSmart Christmas bandanna.

Some time last year, my mom bought these cute little stuffed animals--a sleeping kitten and sleeping puppy--which she gave to Austin.

Now before posting the next photos, I must tell you that Alvin is not a lap dog. He likes to cuddle at times, but only briefly.

Much to my surprise, he laid on top of me for probably an hour
Love the photos, we used to get ours done at petsmart but it got to expensive, so now we cut it ourselves. I didnt see the part that they were fake, they look so real to me. Gotta love a dog when it curls up on your lap even for a short while.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #147
FauntleroyFAN07

One last puppie picture...

Did anyone guess what we used to do with our puppy at christmas last year? Well we did this below to him when we would go shopping. We thought workers would get mad for bringing a dog into the store. But how can you refuse that face and how cute it looks. Most of the time the ones that talked to us the most were the managers. One manager at Walgreens still asks how he is doing when we go in there to this day. He doesnt fit in the stocking anymore. That was when he was only 4 pounds. He was 2 pounds when we got him. Now he is a wopping 8 pounds.

Okay here it is.

This is also the stocking that his christmas presents were wrapped in.

Up Next as promised Chapter 7. The start of the mini trip reports from last years trip.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #148
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 7. The start of the mini trip reports from last year.

Chapter 7. First mini trip report.

We left Chicago on a cold Sunday morning last year. People at the airport were looking at us kinda weird for getting out of the car in shorts and DW in a skirt. But hey they were just jealous, because they knew we were going somewhere warm.
The flight down was nice. I allready told the story how when we landed Southwest gave us a bottle of champagne for our honeymoon, and everyone on the plane clapped. That was our first experience of feeling like rockstars with some VIP (more VIP moments coming later) The magical express buses were really nice and the video the play for you to get pumped about your trip, like we need to get pumped about disney. After about 20 or so minute ride this is one of the sites that we saw and knew that we had arrived in the world officially.

Thats right my good old friend donald had come to welcome us.

We were dropped off at our hotel and our room was not ready, but she told us that we were going to get our King bed, and a water view. So we walked around the hotel grounds, got our refillable mug, and then called about an hour later and were given our room number, we had a nice corner room. The picture of it was earlier in this thread. Our luggage still did not arrive but we did not need anything out of it. So we took a bus over to the MK and decided to go for a spin on the monorail. Oh yeah we did get some chips and dip to eat with a snack credit to hold us over for dinner, we did not have lunch.
So we rode the monorail around the hotel resorts by the MK and went to our reservation at Ohana. I was really excited for this, my dad had been building it up for a few months and bragging that he went there twice on his last trip. The food was AWESOME. Cant wait for the first night we get to Disney and eat there again. It is gonna become a tradition I think.

Here was our view from the table. We were right next to the window.

Love to see the castle while I feast. DW was forced into the hula training school, she said I have to do it this year and she will take pictures. We will see how that goes.

After that we hopped back on the monorail and went to the contemporary. DW did not know that you could go on the observation deck. So this is where my tricky ness comes into play. I knew that the elevator went to the front desk of the garden grill on the top floor and that it is kinda hard to get up there withot a reservation so. We road the elevator all the way to the top floor where guests stay at the hotel and walked out to the fire escape. We then proceded to walk up the 2 or so flights of stairs on the outside of the hotel and made it to the top. Well not without DW getting scared crazy by a couple of pigeons that were on the stairs in front of us and screaming. I wish I had the camera rolling.

We made it to the top and took pictures all around. Here is one of DW using the video camera to take in what we saw.

This year I want to go a little later so we can see wishes from up there that would be awesome.

We then walked in the back doors to the restaurant and proceded to the elevators and road down.

We ended the night by taking the monorail to Epcot, and then boarded our CBR bus to get a good nights rest. The next day we were going to the parks.

Up Next Chapter 8. Another "short" story from our trip to WDW last year.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #149
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Dan,

What a wonderful first night!

Reminiscing about it must be getting you even more excited about your trip! Who would have thought that was possible!!

Kathy
Old 08-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #150
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I am loving this report. It sounds like this years trip is coming along nicely and I love the pics from last year as well. The Chip and Dale story is hilarious

I love your little doogie, too cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: