Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
Andy B
DIS Veteran

How about this for service - not (long sorry)

Last night my aunt said she would take us out for a meal, she visits twice a week, it started to collect my Daughter from school but now my DD is more liekly to take care of her as she is 81, normally I cook but yesterday she offered as she spends little other than living expenses.

As ther are few restaurants near why I live other than Indian or Chinese we went to a Frankie and Benny's

We arrived at about 6.45 and were sat immediately we were then left waiting for 20 minutes without anyone comming to the table even for drinks, we eventually grabbed a waiter who took our order for drinks, starter and main course.

We received the drinks and then the garlic bread at 7.15.

After a further 20 minutes when the garlic bread had been finished we wondered where our main courses were. we could see the servery and our did not appear although people who came into the restaurant after us were served. I had to get up from our table and speak to the waiter at the servery at 7.50 He said it was being prepared and he would come to explain but from his reaction it was clear the order had been forgotten, I aked him to bring the manager, but another server arrived and explained that we were in fact sitting in her section and although he had taken our order when the starter was served he had forgotton to trigger the process by which the mains are cooked. I still asked to speak to the manager.

Wgen he came I explained that I was unhappy and that the reason we had to initially grab a server who was not dealing with our table was that we were ignored. He offered more drinks on him (but I was driving) and to get the mains up.

When they were brought only three meals were served a pizza, my fish and chips and my wife's pasta, my children's meals were not brought. We thought the waiter was going back for them but he did not, we had to flag him down again and point out that they had forgotton two meals, you thought he would have noticed.

It turned out that they had yet to be prepared. So we adults eat our food so it did not get cold and I had finished by the time the children received theirs, chicken and ribs combo and ribs.

We ware offered free deserts but just wanted to get out by then.

To the managers credit he said he had taken off the childrens meals (only one of which was a junior meal) and had reduced the rest of the bill by 50% although as I was not paying I did not check this and I know my aunt did not as she had trouble seeing awaiting a cataract op. We still ended up paying £22 $44.

We left at 8.45

I will just continue to cook, my daughter was not happy and I had to promise better meals on our trip to Orlando in two weeks, so don't let me down guts

1982 - DL Candy Cane Hotel
1996 - WDW Orange Lake
1998 - WDW Dixey Landings & Villa
1999 - DLP Grotty Paris Hotel
2002 - WDW Villa
2003(Christmas) _ WDW Villa
2006 - DL Candy Cane Inn
2007 - WDW Wilderness Lodge & Villa

Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
WDW Traveler
Mouseketeer

What a way to make your customers happy and keep em coming back?!

This happened to us about a week ago. Others who came in after us were getting their meals. We waited almost 1 hour for our meal. Spoke with the manager and he gave us free appetizer coupons for our next visit. After our meal the waitress came over and said, "You'll all set. Steve took care of it." We left her a tip and went on our merry way. Now THAT'S how you keep em coming back!!

80 & 91 WDW Off Site; 10/95 DL 3 Week Honeymoon; 4/00 & 5/01 DL Off Site; 12/02 WDW All Star Movies - MVMCP; 10/03 WDW Coronado Springs - MNSSHP; 5/05 WDW All Star Movies - F&G; 2/07 WDW SSR (DD turned 8) - P&PP; 08/07 WDW Pop - Mommy/Daughter Trip; 01/08 WDW POR - Dad & Mom Trip; 8/09 WDW - THV & SSR; 08/11 WDW - POP w/Free Dining; 04/13 WDW - Bay Lake Tower; 04/14 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
WDW Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

You've got a great deal more patience than I! 20 minutes with no acknowledgement? I would've probably walked out -- and I am a former waitress/bartender. There's no excuse for that. Even if you're extraordinarily busy, you can at least go by your table and say, "I'll be right with you" -- and grab the nearest fellow waiter, bus boy, or manager to get the drink order for you.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

We ate at a local steakhouse this spring, known for it's appetizer trays that you get with every meal. They were full, yes, but it took 1½ hours just to get our appetizer tray! Meals didn't take TOO long after that to come, but wow! We had our kids with (5 & 8) and fortunately they are pretty decent at entertaining themselves and tried to do origami with their cloth napkins. For an hour and a half. No discount on meal for us.

We have gotten some free meals from Pizza Hut when it took forever though.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Camicar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You've got a great deal more patience than I! 20 minutes with no acknowledgement? I would've probably walked out --
I would have too. I have a rule: 10 minutes and not one second longer.

I base this on my father who had apparently been a waiter. As he said, no matter how busy it is, there is never any excuse for failing to at least acknowlege a table in your station within 10 minutes. That was his boss's rule and he stuck by it. So he had the habit of looking at his watch when he was seated and I do it too.

We recently walked out of a popular local restaurant around here that had been one of our favorites bec we were seated and 10 minutes went by with no one coming to our table. At one point the entire wait staff was standing behind the counter (along with the hostess) doing nothing. We kept trying to get their attention but no one ever acknowledged us. Out we went and even then the hostess who was staring right at us did nothing. Guess they don't need our business.
Camicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
MareQ
How exactly are the drunk people supposed to get up there
I like mine extra fruity!
We have OTTERS posting here?????

I hate it when that happens. You can almost excuse the initial poor service - sometimes stuff happens - but after you got up and had to speak to the server - things should have gotten much better!

We had a similiar experience at Olive Garden 2 years ago. Service was SOOOO bad they ended up not charging us for any of our meal at all.
MareQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: