Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #1231
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleandtinker View Post
Do both WDW locations sell the Cinderella coach cage? How much? Serling, gold, etc?
Nope, those have to be purchased on ebay. They don't sell them at either location.
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #1232
LeesaD
Earning My Ears

I am so glad that I found this thread! I will definitely be picking a pearl. How fun!
LeesaD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2010, 02:17 AM   #1233
ScarlettinWonderland
Earning My Ears

Part of me wanted to do this but I felt really bad for the oysters.
ScarlettinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #1234
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I have never seen any Disney settings for the pearls.
Me neither, but they should do some shouldn't they. Perhaps a Mickey Head cage setting, or Tink standing on top of the pearl maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettinWonderland View Post
Part of me wanted to do this but I felt really bad for the oysters.
I don't think the Oysters are alive and I presume that they come from Oyster farms, so are bred specifically for the pearl purpose. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong guys.
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #1235
Celesdragon
Mouseketeer

Wow, ok. I just read through this entire thread, and I have a question that I don't remember seeing an answer for (or maybe it was... but around page 40, it started to blur....)

PAP in Japan doesn't seem to have a problem with people bringing their own cages, but what about actual settings? I have a double pearl pendant that lost one pearl years ago, and I'm wondering if I can get a pearl there, and have them set it on my used pendant for me?

I have a funny feeling that when I go in April.. I won't be able to stop at one pearl.
Celesdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #1236
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

We did the PAP at the Beach Club resort, down by their pool. My 4 year old took the oyster choosing quite seriously...but ended up with a 7.5mm pearl! I trained her well. We had a lovely princess crown in 14K gold with a tiny diamond attached to the top and a 16 inch gold box chain added. It was $192 total. I thought that was very reasonable for everything. Not cheap, of course, but not outrageous either.
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #1237
avic77
Homeschool Mom

Just back and we picked 3 pearls in japan

I picked a pearl in DTD last time we went to Disney in Feb 2008 (silver 7mm i think). Since I knew we were going back and my girls had showed interest i planned in advance for them to pick pearls themselves. I ordered a Cinderella carriage cage for my DD9 and a Fish cage for my DD 15 off Hydia Pearl.com
We went to the japan PAP station on Sunday Jan 31st and purchased 2 oysters one for each girl. They picked their own oysters and the lady kept track of whose was whose.
DD9 went first and picked a very dark but rather small oyster it contained a rare silver blue 7mm pearl.
DD15 picked a larger oyster that was "hairy" looking and got a 7 1/4 mm pearl in a pale pinkish cream. She really wanted a "colored" pearl and was disappointed that her little sister got the rare silver.
Since my mother had asked for a pearl for her birthday We went back on Feb 4th and let DD15 pick again. We told her she could pick between her first pearl or this one and we would give Nana the other. She picked an oyster (I didnt really take much notice of this oyster so i dont recall what it looked like) and inside was a pure cream 7 and 1/2 mm pearl.
DD15 kept her original pick.
The experiance was more entertaining at Japan but the wait can be long. In DTD almost no one is at the little stand and you are able to take your time and not get crowded out. It was difficult to take pictures as the crowd really presses in in Japan when the ladies start banging the gong thing.
3) WDW~01/10~FWC
4) WDW/IOA(MNSSHP and WWOHP)~10/11~AKV
5) WDW~Sweet 16!~10/15
avic77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #1238
kimberlyr
Earning My Ears

ebay question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bling View Post
Here are the pearls that we got in Epcot at the Japan Pavillion. Both pearls are 7mm. I got the Cinderella cage off ebay and the other setting is white gold.
<br> src="http://www.thcarmor.theshoppe.com/pearl.html" border="0" alt="" /><br />

Here is a link to the pictures:
http://www.thcarmor.theshoppe.com/pearl.html
What should I search on ebay for the Cinderella cage?? I'm not finding anything like it. Thanks!
kimberlyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #1239
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyr View Post
What should I search on ebay for the Cinderella cage?? I'm not finding anything like it. Thanks!
Go to ebay and in the search engine put in pearl cage. Make sure you are searching in jewelry & watches. I just did a search and found several coach settings. As a matter of fact, here's the link to my search: http://jewelry.shop.ebay.com/i.html?...gs&_osacat=281

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #1240
MYD714
Please stand clear of the doors...

I did this in Japan when I was 16. I ended up with a beautiful pearl that looks almost silver/purple. It's gorgeous. I took it home and never set it. Then, at about age 30, my husband surprised me by setting it in a ring w/a diamond on each side.

MYD714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #1241
Glencora
Be good then, and don't.

Quick warning about some of the eBay cages - I got one of the crown ones, and within two weeks the silver plating had worn off the back of the charm, where it rubbed against my sweater. I'm not sure if there are solid sterling silver ones on eBay, but you might want to consider those if they're there. I have not tried the Cinderella coach ones - they may be by a different manufacturer. Maybe others can comment on those?

Edited to add: I just went back onto eBay to refresh my memory, and it was the white gold plated (WGP) charm that lost the plating so quickly. There were some cute sterling silver ones - I'd recommend sticking to those.

Last edited by Glencora; 02-17-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Glencora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #1242
Vickis3js
DIS Veteran

I have a question my girls and I had done the PAP in Japan last Dec. I picked 2 wanting to make earings for my DD but one was 8 mm and pink the other was 7 and cream so she decided to just make a necklace wiht the large one. I thought I had lost the other one but just discovered it the other day. DH and I are going to WDW for our anniversary and I want to do the PAP if I get one that matches the other one would they set both of them or just the one that I picked when I am there then? It would be cool to surprise my DD with the earings she wanted.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #1243
flamingglobessigmund
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencora View Post
Quick warning about some of the eBay cages - I got one of the crown ones, and within two weeks the silver plating had worn off the back of the charm, where it rubbed against my sweater. I'm not sure if there are solid sterling silver ones on eBay, but you might want to consider those if they're there. I have not tried the Cinderella coach ones - they may be by a different manufacturer. Maybe others can comment on those?

Edited to add: I just went back onto eBay to refresh my memory, and it was the white gold plated (WGP) charm that lost the plating so quickly. There were some cute sterling silver ones - I'd recommend sticking to those.
I read on this thread, I think, that clear nail polish on the WGP carriage charm should slow down the wearing off of the plating.

"It's just as you prophesied! The planets of our solar
system, incinerating. Like flaming globes, Sigmund.
Like flaming globes. Ah, ha, ha, ha..".~~Seinfeld
Me DH DD DS
AKL Club Level Jan 2011

flamingglobessigmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #1244
wheredreamsbegin
DIS Veteran

Unicorn setting available at WDW?

My DD4 loves unicorns. She would be thrilled if we could pick a pearl and put it in a unicorn setting. Does anyone know of anything available at WDW? We would love to see a picture if possible.

Thanks!

me , DH , DD (11) , DD (9) , DD (7) ,

July 2014 BWV, October 2013 SSR, March 2013 VWL, November 2012 BLT, March 2011 BCV, July 2010 AKL, March 2010 BLT, August 2009 Disneyland Hotel, July 2009 SSR, March 2009 SSR, March 2007 WL, October 2004 CBR, April 2000 off property
wheredreamsbegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #1245
hey_jude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickis3js View Post
I have a question my girls and I had done the PAP in Japan last Dec. I picked 2 wanting to make earings for my DD but one was 8 mm and pink the other was 7 and cream so she decided to just make a necklace wiht the large one. I thought I had lost the other one but just discovered it the other day. DH and I are going to WDW for our anniversary and I want to do the PAP if I get one that matches the other one would they set both of them or just the one that I picked when I am there then? It would be cool to surprise my DD with the earings she wanted.
You definitely don't have to have them set immediately after you do the PAP. During our 2009 trip, we picked pearls on a couple of different days and then had a necklace and earrings made on yet another day. We had the same issue with wanting 2 pearls that matched in size and colour for the earrings.

If you have the original plastic bag with the size and date on it, it would be worth taking it along and asking. The worst they can say is that they can't do it!

Dec 1972 - offsite visit to Disney World / Dec 1975 - offsite visit to Disney World / Mar 1993 - Dixie Landings / Aug 2008 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2009 - All Star Music, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party / Aug 2010 - All Star Music, Bay Lake Tower / October 2010 - offsite visit to Disneyland, Mickey's Halloween Party / Aug 2011 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
hey_jude is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: