Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #106
kdk1188
Mouseketeer
 
kdk1188's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 146

Hey Missy,
The crab is actually a pendant too...there's a little loop for a chain behind one of his claws. The lizard is a pendant and his tail forms the bail for the chain.
Kay
kdk1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #107
kdk1188
Mouseketeer
 
kdk1188's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 146

1) How much is it to "shuck" the oyster? I know "shuck" isn't the right word... but it's the only word I could think of. I remember that you have to pick the ugliest one though!

It's $14.98 to open an oyster.

2) Once I have a pearl... how much is it to get it set in a pendant? As nice as those rings are... I'm more of a necklace girl! I'd like for my mom and I to get matching pendants... and if so... do we get a chain with it?

The cost can vary greatly depending on what you pick. My sterling silver lizard was $39.99 whereas the 14K crab was $99 and those prices do NOT include chains. I didn't even ask about chains at DTD b/c I knew I had some at home, but did get my DD a chain w/her butterfly pendant in Japan and I think it was about $15 on top of the $19 for the butterfly.

3) Has anyone checked on the Pick-a-pearl booth at Typhoon Lagoon? I was noticing that the Dis updated there photo page with some pics of the park... one of which being a pretty nice booth for this.

I got a huge 8mm pearl during my honeymoon and I can't remember now (b/c it's been TEN years ), but I got it either at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon and people were having fab luck. I got a biggie, another kid got twin pink pearls and another woman got a black pearl!!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
kdk1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #108
Aquagirl
Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow you don't stop.
 
Aquagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 914

1. Does anyone know if they will set a pearl that was picked from a previous trip?

2. Could someone post a pic of the dolphin settings?

Thanks!!!
Aquagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #109
kimbac3

Has a lot in common with the blue paw
 
kimbac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 3,048

I don't think they would have a problem setting a pearl from a previous trip. My DDs picked out their pearls but waited several days to decide which setting to put it in. They didn't even ask when we got the pearls.

Here's mine:



It's hard to take photos of jewelry!! We are going back in 10 days and I can't wait to do it again!!

Kimba
__________________
(me), (DH), (DD19), (DS16), (DD13)

1st trip Nov/Dec 2005 2nd trip Nov/Dec 2006 3rd Trip September 20074th Trip Nov/Dec 2008
5th Trip Nov/Dec 2010
kimbac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 AM   #110
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,497

Very nice

So is Japan the only place you can get the Lucky Pendant? Can anyone post a pic of it?
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:23 AM   #111
lyzziesmom
Ask me about my short attention sp.... ooooh, shiny!!
But never fear! My hiney is comfortably and adequately covered
I've been known to attack my mom's cat with a handful of q-tips
 
lyzziesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,358

kimbac3, your necklace looks just like mine! Does anyone know if they have a ring setting that is similar? I'd like to get a ring to match but it seems like the "cage" would not work on a ring. Maybe they have something a little simpler. Does anyone have any pictures of any rings? Or do they do bracelets? We are going in 2 days and I definitely want to get something else to go with my necklace!

Thanks.
__________________
I do not think one needs to be delicate with clods. -Margo Howard

Mmmm, Beverly!! Mmmm, Pirates!!

<-- This only looks like a princess hat. It is really my dunce cap in disguise.
lyzziesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 AM   #112
eacatwork
Mouseketeer
 
eacatwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk1188 View Post
Hey Missy,
The crab is actually a pendant too...there's a little loop for a chain behind one of his claws. The lizard is a pendant and his tail forms the bail for the chain.
Kay
Kay, do you remember what you paid for the crab? This would be a PERFECT birthday present for my mom!!!
__________________
Beth

WDW October 1980 w/parents offsite
WDW May 1981 w/parents & brother-in-utero offsite (Mom said, "Baby doesn't like these teacups!!!")
WDW May 2001 w/parents & brother @ POR
WDW October 2007 w/DH for 5th Anniversary @ WL
WDW October 2009 w/DH, parents, brother, and SIL @ POR
WDW May 2011 w/best friend @ All-Star Sports
WDW Spring 2015 w/parents, brother, SIL, and niece @TBD
DH Chris (40) Me (37) DDog Oscar (12)
eacatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #113
DiRTyBuNNy
Remembers a time when ducks were mighty and Disney owned a hockey team!
 
DiRTyBuNNy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lenoir City, TN
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbac3 View Post
I don't think they would have a problem setting a pearl from a previous trip. My DDs picked out their pearls but waited several days to decide which setting to put it in. They didn't even ask when we got the pearls.

Here's mine:



It's hard to take photos of jewelry!! We are going back in 10 days and I can't wait to do it again!!

Kimba
nice cable modem..

--Mr. DB
DiRTyBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #114
Priorityonecb
DIS Veteran
 
Priorityonecb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,776

I am loving this thread...bring on more pictures!! I am surprising my 16 year old with this on our next trip. She is going to love it!! I like the tip to bring our own chain, I have several just laying around in my jewlery box.
__________________
Tammy-
Past Trips-2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 1975
Future Trips- WDW Oct/Nov 2014 DL Dec/Jan 2015
Priorityonecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #115
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,083
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquagirl View Post
1. Does anyone know if they will set a pearl that was picked from a previous trip?

2. Could someone post a pic of the dolphin settings?

Thanks!!!
Yes, you can bring one back with you. My dd and I chose a total of 3 pearls earlier this month. I had my two put into a ring and a pendent, she had her's put into a pendent. I did ask the young lady there if I could bring one back that I had gotten several years ago and have it set. It's a black one and very pretty. she told me that as long as it was in the original baggie there would be no problem.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #116
kimbac3

Has a lot in common with the blue paw
 
kimbac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 3,048

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRTyBuNNy View Post
nice cable modem..

--Mr. DB
Why thank you!! Don't you love how I customized it!!

Kimba
__________________
(me), (DH), (DD19), (DS16), (DD13)

1st trip Nov/Dec 2005 2nd trip Nov/Dec 2006 3rd Trip September 20074th Trip Nov/Dec 2008
5th Trip Nov/Dec 2010
kimbac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #117
shyjade
DIS Veteran
 
shyjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,127

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I did ask the young lady there if I could bring one back that I had gotten several years ago and have it set. It's a black one and very pretty. she told me that as long as it was in the original baggie there would be no problem.
That's great to know, I'll be sure to bring my DD's back with us in November to have it set. Glad it's still in the baggie we took it home in last September!

Which pick a pearl location was this at? Hopefully Japan, as that's where we got hers.
__________________
(me) (DD16)

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #118
Irishhockey
Teach me the rules and I'll show you how to break them...
 
Irishhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North New-massa-rolina-ersy
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk1188 View Post
1) How much is it to "shuck" the oyster? I know "shuck" isn't the right word... but it's the only word I could think of. I remember that you have to pick the ugliest one though!

It's $14.98 to open an oyster.

2) Once I have a pearl... how much is it to get it set in a pendant? As nice as those rings are... I'm more of a necklace girl! I'd like for my mom and I to get matching pendants... and if so... do we get a chain with it?

The cost can vary greatly depending on what you pick. My sterling silver lizard was $39.99 whereas the 14K crab was $99 and those prices do NOT include chains. I didn't even ask about chains at DTD b/c I knew I had some at home, but did get my DD a chain w/her butterfly pendant in Japan and I think it was about $15 on top of the $19 for the butterfly.

3) Has anyone checked on the Pick-a-pearl booth at Typhoon Lagoon? I was noticing that the Dis updated there photo page with some pics of the park... one of which being a pretty nice booth for this.

I got a huge 8mm pearl during my honeymoon and I can't remember now (b/c it's been TEN years ), but I got it either at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon and people were having fab luck. I got a biggie, another kid got twin pink pearls and another woman got a black pearl!!

Let me know if you have any other questions
KDK1188... Thank you so much for your informative response This is something I'm looking for my mom and I to both do together... but wanted to know how much to "budget" for it. Your pendants were absolutely amazing... the setting designs are so unique and different! I'm glad to hear "good things" about the location at TL. I don't think BB was open during your Honeymoon but I could be wrong! I remember a '99 opening date.

Do they make the same pendtants in different "karat" categories? For instance, could I get the crab at a "lower quality karat" and therefore a cheaper price?
__________________
September 6 - 13, 2008
Beach Club
Irishhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #119
BabyPiglet
Stop Child Abuse NOW
I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my fingernails clean
See, I have goals I want
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Rocket Tower Plaza
Posts: 28,638

Another question....

How much was that cage pendant?
__________________
BabyPiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #120
Ahabart
Mouseketeer
 
Ahabart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 145

Bumping for Coltink
Ahabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: