Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #91
Enchanted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk1188 View Post
We just got back and I would definitely recommend DTD for settings. The selection is MUCH better than Japan. We picked our pearls in Japan (they make more of a ceremony out of it which my daughter loved). My daughter got a butterfly pendant (sterling silver for 19.99...not inc. chain or pearl) in Japan. It was SO hot in there, I waited to look for settings for the two I picked. I escaped to Downtown Disney one night without the kids and was amazed at the selection the Pearl Factory had to offer...see Jen! I got a really cute lizard (sterling) and crab (14K gold) and LOVE them.
Where exactly is the Pearl Factory in DTD? Is it in the Marketplace or on the West Side? Is it just a kiosk or an entire store? Or is it a counter inside of a larger store? I'm planning on picking a pearl when we go in October, and if I don't like any of the Japanese settings, I'd like to have it done at the Pearl Factory. Any information on its location would be wonderful! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #92
solferino
Doing the best I can
It's either an exercise of self restraint or pure insanity
In my world painters pants are cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Where exactly is the Pearl Factory in DTD? Is it in the Marketplace or on the West Side? Is it just a kiosk or an entire store? Or is it a counter inside of a larger store? I'm planning on picking a pearl when we go in October, and if I don't like any of the Japanese settings, I'd like to have it done at the Pearl Factory. Any information on its location would be wonderful! Thanks in advance!
Last year when we went they were on the Marketplace side, in a kiosk. I don't remember exactly where the kiosk was though.
solferino is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #93
northie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solferino View Post
Last year when we went they were on the Marketplace side, in a kiosk. I don't remember exactly where the kiosk was though.
I am pretty sure it was just after Captain Jack's a little ways (if you are walking toward Legoland)...we stopped there after we got off the boat from POFQ.

The girl who was working the stand recognized my ring as being one of theirs...it was, DH got it for me for our 28th anniversary in 2002 at the stand in AK. I was amazed she knew that...I was just pointing out a setting to my mom and she noticed it on my hand, and said, "Oh, you are wearing one of OURS!" I thought it was kind of funny because when we got the ring the girl made sure we knew the setting was exclusive to them! I guess it is
northie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #94
Enchanted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solferino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by northie View Post
I am pretty sure it was just after Captain Jack's a little ways (if you are walking toward Legoland)...we stopped there after we got off the boat from POFQ.
Aha! Thank you, ladies! You've been loads of help!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #95
pta-mom
The three-second rule does not count if you drop the chocolate in the toilet!
It's really amazing how crazy & heated these topics become!

What is an approximate cost of getting a ring made with the pearl in a 10 or 14K gold setting?

pta-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #96
lighttech
DIS Veteran

Your tag-OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pta-mom View Post
What is an approximate cost of getting a ring made with the pearl in a 10 or 14K gold setting?
I actually just had to comment on one of your tags... about the 3 sec rule not counting if the chocolate falls in the toilet. LOL

I have a 2 1/2 yr old DS... oh the fun I know I'm in for!

Had a busy day... this board is always good to put a smile on my face.
lighttech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #97
kdk1188
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile4Me View Post
so you got your pearl in Japan and the setting at DTD?!! Can you do that?!
That's exactly what I did...no extra charge. See Jen at DTD
kdk1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #98
kdk1188
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
It's a stand alone kiosk in Marketplace.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #99
kdk1188
Mouseketeer

Here are my new treasures Picked pearls in Japan and had set in DTD.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:34 AM   #100
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Wow they are gorgeous. I love the lizard. Beautiful
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:53 AM   #101
pta-mom
The three-second rule does not count if you drop the chocolate in the toilet!
It's really amazing how crazy & heated these topics become!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighttech View Post
I actually just had to comment on one of your tags... about the 3 sec rule not counting if the chocolate falls in the toilet. LOL

I have a 2 1/2 yr old DS... oh the fun I know I'm in for!

Had a busy day... this board is always good to put a smile on my face.
LOL!! Yup, it was pretty funny actually & yup, it was about my (then) almost three year old son!! I think only the day before he had dropped a cookie on the floor which I promptly grapped up & said that it was totally fine, 3 sec rule. So, of course, next day, chocolate falls into toilet bowel & son promptly reaches into toilet & says, 3 SEC RULE!!!

My sons are only 1 1/2 years apart so I had lots of "fun" in those early years!!! Seriously though Lighttech, it goes so fast, just enjoy it while you can & breath deeply on those "busy days"!!

Glad I made you smile!

pta-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #102
DivaOstrich
Mouse Struck

[QUOTE=kdk1188;20516860]Here are my new treasures Picked pearls in Japan and had set in DTD.
[QUOTE]

Wow!! Those pictures are gorgeous! Is the crab a pin and the lizard a pendant?

--Missy

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/lq2xb5h8pdzbuxrg.png[/img]
Port Orleans Riverside 01/09, Fort Wilderness Cabins 10/07, Pop Century 03' WDW only for one day/night
CM 00'-02' MGM entertainment, global entertainment
CM 98' CHH, Toontown/MK entertainment
DivaOstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #103
DiRTyBuNNy
Remembers a time when ducks were mighty and Disney owned a hockey team!

Does anyone have a picture of the Lucky Cat setting? My DD's birthstone is Pearl and my DW and I actually purchased a lucky cat in the Japan Pavilion last October (the cat was supposed to be for a healthy birth) so I'm thinking it might be a good present for my DW for Christmas this year.

--Mr. DB
DiRTyBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #104
Irishhockey
Teach me the rules and I'll show you how to break them...

After seeing this thread... I'm DEFINATELY interested in this! I do have a couple of questions though...

I'll admitt that I did read over the 7 pages (but in pieces) so if these questions have been answered already... please just direct me to the post

1) How much is it to "shuck" the oyster? I know "shuck" isn't the right word... but it's the only word I could think of. I remember that you have to pick the ugliest one though!

2) Once I have a pearl... how much is it to get it set in a pendant? As nice as those rings are... I'm more of a necklace girl! I'd like for my mom and I to get matching pendants... and if so... do we get a chain with it?

3) Has anyone checked on the Pick-a-pearl booth at Typhoon Lagoon? I was noticing that the Dis updated there photo page with some pics of the park... one of which being a pretty nice booth for this.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #105
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Here are a few pictures I took when my DD8 did Pick a Pearl in Japan last September:

We didn't have time to chose a setting (had to get to the airport to catch our flight but didn't want to leave Epcot without doing this). My DD didn't mind, she proudly shows her friends her REAL PEARL which is still in the baggie they sent us home with. I plan on letting her do this again in November but next time, we'll have it set.

shyjade is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: