Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #76
Ms. Heimlich
I'm a beautiful butterfly, too!

If I remember correctly, it's about $15. very reasonalbe if you ask me!

Ms. H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
So how much is it to "pick a pearl"?
Ms. Heimlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #77
WeluvDisney2
Proud member of Klutzes Anonymous

Hey, Wouldn't it be cool if they had Pirates of the Caribbean settings- just in case we find that elusive black pearl?

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.
WeluvDisney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #78
SnwflkCts
I wanna go back ... when can I go back???

I love my pearl ring -- picked the pearl and had it set in white gold with "diamond?" chips. It was beautiful and delicate looking. I think total was $125 and it was our 21st wedding anniversary.

My pearl was 7mm, pink. I loved it!

But those necklaces are so pretty too. Hmmmm, I had not planned to do pick a pearl in Feb but I might!

Like another poster mentioned, it does seem to turn on my finger (top heavy) but I have gotten used to it. I do not wear it every day and never get it into too soapy of water but I DO have to wash my hands on occasion! It still looks nice - wearing it about once a week since November.
DH, me, DCats: Maddie (12), Peanut Butter (12), Jelly Bean (7), Snowflake RIP 1/2010@19 yrs & Baby Button@2 yrs in 11/2011 - Feb 06 Poly; Nov 06 Poly (21st Wedding Ann.); Feb 09 Poly; Feb 10 Poly Second Dining Report 2/07/2010 thru 2/12/2010
SnwflkCts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #79
Lorelai
Tagless Thus Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger714 View Post
Tip for picking a pearl....

Several years ago, we were in DTD for an all girls trip. I decided to do this and was told by a bystander to pick the ugliest one. I did. My pearl was 9 mm. It's beautiful. The person who shucked it did this whole birth ceremony and told us that this pearl was from a boy oyster. Don't know if this is really true but here's the sentimental part. I had been an infertility patient for a loooong time and had given up. Three months after this trip, I found out I was pregnant with a little boy! I love that ring and will always remember my "special moment"
Congratulations! What a beautiful story. Getting that wonderful news would definitely have brought me back to three months earlier in Disney as well. There is certainly alot to be said for pixie dust!!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #80
Smile4Me
DIS Veteran

OMG! Just seeing these pictures makes me that much more excited for when I get to pick out my pearl!!! I hope I get something even half as beautiful as the ones posted!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #81
Ahabart
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to get one of these for me and my girls!
Ahabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #82
jenins121681
WDW Fanatic

OMGoodness!! I have been goind to WDW since I was like 4 yrs old and I have never heard of this pick a pearl thing, can I just say !!! I have learnd sooo much from these boards! I am so doing this when we go down in Sept. Already warned the DH .... and he was like How much? I told him never you mind I am worth it

DIS Family of 4: DH Me DD & Bruschi

jenins121681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #83
tinklvr64
Basin Fanatic

This is sooo interesting...when we were at EPCOT in Nov we were in Japan to get some origami paper and I saw and heard the commotion around the tank. I thought it was fixed..well I have changed my mind after reading this thread so thanks!

What kind of pearls are these? Freshwater?? Akoya??
tinklvr64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #84
pta-mom
The three-second rule does not count if you drop the chocolate in the toilet!
It's really amazing how crazy & heated these topics become!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenins121681 View Post
OMGoodness!! I have been goind to WDW since I was like 4 yrs old and I have never heard of this pick a pearl thing, can I just say !!! I have learnd sooo much from these boards! I am so doing this when we go down in Sept. Already warned the DH .... and he was like How much? I told him never you mind I am worth it ;)

YOU GO GIRL!!

pta-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #85
BabyPiglet
Stop Child Abuse NOW
I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my fingernails clean
See, I have goals I want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Heimlich View Post
If I remember correctly, it's about $15. very reasonalbe if you ask me!

Ms. H
Wait, so that's how much the pearl itself costs? And the settings range in price?

So is there anyway it could be under 100$ for the whole thing?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #86
northie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiglet View Post
Wait, so that's how much the pearl itself costs? And the settings range in price?

So is there anyway it could be under 100$ for the whole thing?
Absolutely! You can get a very nice one for under $100...some have reported settings for $25 so that would be around $40.
northie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #87
karliebug
DIS Veteran

I am taking my 3 girls for christmas this year. this sounds like such a great idea for a christmas gift for each of them. It is a girls only trip and I think it is something that they will always remember. Thank you for this thread-I can't wait to suprise them with this.
karliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #88
I Believe n Fairies
Mouseketeer

I got back on Wednesday from WDW and I am now the proud owner of a BEAUTIFUL pearl and "diamond" ring. I love my ring. I picked a pearl and got a perfect 7mm ring with a slight pink tint. However, for the setting I picked, it was too big. I had to swap it with a pearl that they had in the back. I got to pick which pearl I wanted. My kids birthstones are pearl and diamond, so I really wanted a ring with both.

It is set in white gold. I have a small finger, so I was VERY surprised that they had a ring in a 4. DH was surprised to see how much they setting was... but it was our anniversary trip, so he was happy to get it for me.

POP Sept 06 POFQ Aug 07
Pop May 2011 --First trip taking both kids
I Believe n Fairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:46 AM   #89
kdk1188
Mouseketeer

We just got back and I would definitely recommend DTD for settings. The selection is MUCH better than Japan. We picked our pearls in Japan (they make more of a ceremony out of it which my daughter loved). My daughter got a butterfly pendant (sterling silver for 19.99...not inc. chain or pearl) in Japan. It was SO hot in there, I waited to look for settings for the two I picked. I escaped to Downtown Disney one night without the kids and was amazed at the selection the Pearl Factory had to offer...see Jen! I got a really cute lizard (sterling) and crab (14K gold) and LOVE them.
kdk1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #90
Smile4Me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk1188 View Post
We just got back and I would definitely recommend DTD for settings. The selection is MUCH better than Japan. We picked our pearls in Japan (they make more of a ceremony out of it which my daughter loved). My daughter got a butterfly pendant (sterling silver for 19.99...not inc. chain or pearl) in Japan. It was SO hot in there, I waited to look for settings for the two I picked. I escaped to Downtown Disney one night without the kids and was amazed at the selection the Pearl Factory had to offer...see Jen! I got a really cute lizard (sterling) and crab (14K gold) and LOVE them.
so you got your pearl in Japan and the setting at DTD?!! Can you do that?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: