Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 AM   #796
Disbabe
DIS Veteran

I picked a pearl at Japan Epcot last year and got a golden toned pearl and had it set into a silver cage and I love it.

I've also done it at Seaworld in 2001 and got a blue pearl. They made such a fuss about the proceedure. I had to name my pearl (moonbeam with it being blue) and I was also told it was a boy as it had a little extra bit sticking out (don't ask!) I had it set into a 14k white gold setting with a diamond set above and they drilled the hole where its "boyhood" was! - don't know whether I believe it or not but she had me going! I got a little certificate with its date of birth and name on it. I remember it with such fond memories as it was our first trip to Orlando. There was a little girl also doing it at the same time and bless her she got an ordinary coloured pearl - I felt so guilty because of the fuss they made over mine that it diminished her excitement over her pearl - but I do love mine!!

Will definately be doing it again this year as I'd love to get another coloured pearl and have it set in the carriage setting from ebay - Thanks for the tip!
DLRP April 2000 , Wynfield Inn (village premier) May 2001, Quality Inn International Drive May 2002, 4 Bedroomed Villa Clear Creek May 2003, DLRP October 2003 , DLRP August 2004 , Fairfield Inn Marriott Village May 2005, DLRP December 2007 , Cypress Pointe Resort (Grand Villas) March 2008, Cypress Pointe Resort (Grand Villas) July 2009, Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa July 2010, Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel, Anaheim & Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites, Westwood July 2011, Cypress Pointe Resort/Disney's Beach Club Resort July 2013 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa August 2014

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Disbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #797
Tiffa
Disney Fire Wife

Thanks for the info I just got my carraige setting in the mail yesterday! I also got the Hello Kitty one it's really cute, I am going to let our DD pick a pearl for her birthday. Thanks again
Tiffa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #798
CheriVall
Earning My Ears

[QUOTEJust search pearl cage carriage and it will show no listings, but on the bottom there is a buy it now and that is it... [/QUOTE]

Thank you so much .. that did the trick ,,
CheriVall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #799
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Is there anything for a boy who wants to pick a pearl? He is into gems & crystals now & asked about this..Are there only things for girls? (Maybe more like a case rather than a peice of jewelry for him?)
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #800
Arkansan
Mouseketeer

$17.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi5826 View Post
So what does it cost to pick a pearl? I can't wait to do this when i go in Sept!
My girls and I did this last week in Japan. It was $17.00 (w/tax) to get the pearl. Settings were extra. One of my DDs got an 8mm pearl--she was told it was the biggest of the day! The other DD got a 7.5mm one--also beautiful. Mine was the smallest at 7.25mm, but a lovely silvery color. It was very fun! The girls chose cute necklace settings w/their initials in sterling silver and mine is a cage necklace in white gold. We would do it again! It is a wonderful memory of the trip!

Have a great trip!
Arkansan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #801
mickeyholic
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have some pics of their pearls? Maybe one already mounted in a setting? This is something I have to do in July!

2001 Port Orleans French Quarter
2003 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Port Orleans French Quarter
2007 Port Orleans Riverside
2009 Pop Century
2011 Old Key West
mickeyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #802
kbeverina
DIS Veteran

We usually go to pick-a-pearl in Japan, but my daughter couldn't wait and we ended up getting this ring at the Downtown Disney location:

It was $49.99 for the setting and I believe $15 for the pearl. She wanted a sterling silver ring and there were only 3 choices if you were picking a pearl, but she really loved this setting so it was fine.
kbeverina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #803
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Is there anything for a boy who wants to pick a pearl? He is into gems & crystals now & asked about this..Are there only things for girls? (Maybe more like a case rather than a peice of jewelry for him?)
can't wait for an answer to this, i want to go to the pick a pearl for myself, but I don't think i need more jewelery! so would be great to have a nice case (especially if its Disney) to keep a pearl in as a perfect souvenir!
izzie-wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #804
findrskeeprs
Running with the big Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&sebastiansmom View Post
A Cinderella carriage would be beautiful. I was all set about doing the pearl last September, but nothing spoke to me. Hopefully there will be more options and something I like when we go back this year.

I have a sterling silver Cinderella cage pendent that I sell at my kiosk. I can send a picture of it if anyone is interested.
findrskeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #805
findrskeeprs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
The first thing that comes to mind for me is where is your kiosk going to be?? Location location!!! I have done pick a pearl twice and love my 2 items. I did it because I was on vacation, it's great to have something nice for vacation memories. If the kiosk was at a area mall I am sure I would not have done it. Good Luck.
Thank you for your reply, it is in downtown Salt Lake City were there are a lot of tourists. You are definitely right though...location, location, location!

Any other "PEARLS OF WISDOM"
Old 05-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #806
findrskeeprs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbabe View Post
I picked a pearl at Japan Epcot last year and got a golden toned pearl and had it set into a silver cage and I love it.

I've also done it at Seaworld in 2001 and got a blue pearl. They made such a fuss about the proceedure. I had to name my pearl (moonbeam with it being blue) and I was also told it was a boy as it had a little extra bit sticking out (don't ask!) I had it set into a 14k white gold setting with a diamond set above and they drilled the hole where its "boyhood" was! - don't know whether I believe it or not but she had me going! I got a little certificate with its date of birth and name on it. I remember it with such fond memories as it was our first trip to Orlando. There was a little girl also doing it at the same time and bless her she got an ordinary coloured pearl - I felt so guilty because of the fuss they made over mine that it diminished her excitement over her pearl - but I do love mine!!

Will definately be doing it again this year as I'd love to get another coloured pearl and have it set in the carriage setting from ebay - Thanks for the tip!

Poor girl!! Can't say we have all been there at some point in our life.
It's awesome you got what you wanted!
Can you scan a copy of your "birth certificate" so I can see what it looks like please?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #807
Stephanie VanMeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by findrskeeprs View Post
I have a sterling silver Cinderella cage pendent that I sell at my kiosk. I can send a picture of it if anyone is interested.
I would like to see a picture if possible.
Stephanie VanMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #808
findrskeeprs

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie VanMeter View Post
I would like to see a picture if possible.
Sure I can! With that being said..........

Does anyone on this thread know how to upload pictures on here please...help a girl out! Thanks a MILLION!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #809
ilovecupcakes
Mouseketeer

I picked a pearl this past week at Epcot in Japan. As the girl was opening the oyster she told me this was a, "very special oyster" and asked me if I knew why. I said..."uh oh, why?" There were two of them! I believe about 61/2 cm if I remember correctly. They were twin pearls

I have a picture of the final product, including the settings I bought in Epcot. I surprised my mom and put one of the pearls in a necklace for her as a huge thank you for our awesome trip. I chose a simple ring setting. She left the store while I was choosing a setting and she cried when I showed her the finished product and that I was giving one to her.

Hope this helps someone!

What am I celebrating? College is OVER! Click the link for my May 2009 PTR with Mom & Mickey

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2126554

A Wet but Wonderful Trip Report! (in progress)
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post31961220
ilovecupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #810
disney777
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachallday View Post
Do they have a location at DisneyLand?
There is a Pick a Pearl in Downtown Disney. It's where all the kiosks are near the monorail station.
disney777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: