Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #781
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

no sorry - i bought it months ago and can't find who i bought it from - if i find it i'll post it
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #782
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

The first thing that comes to mind for me is where is your kiosk going to be?? Location location!!! I have done pick a pearl twice and love my 2 items. I did it because I was on vacation, it's great to have something nice for vacation memories. If the kiosk was at a area mall I am sure I would not have done it. Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findrskeeprs View Post
Hello Ladies!

Okay….I have read through all 52 pages of this thread and I have seen lot’s of great comments on this. I can tell that there are some real experts out there…please help me!!!
I just opened a "pick a pear" kiosk. I was wondering if all you could give me some needed insight on some new ways to market my product.

If you have bought why, and if not why not?

What you liked, what you disliked about the experiance, products, service?

What about the pricing....product to value?

What you would like to see product wise?

If you had a frequent punch card would that encourage you to want to come back to buy more often?

Birthday-anniversary list coupons? Mailing a postcard or email promo code?

If you could do it as a home party to earn free pearls and settings, would you?

I need new and fresh ideas on promotions and sales!

I am looking for ways to market the idea for men's products. My husband said that cufflinks are really coming back. He suggested a cage style to change the color of the pearl with the suite and shirt and tie. Would you or your husband or male associate purchase something like this?

Children’s items, what's your thoughts on that?

I need some Point of Sale products. Quick sales at the register, any ideas?

I know I am asking a lot of questions, but since most of you have an interest in the "pick a pearl" idea as have I for about 10 years. My first one I ever bought was in DTD. I've literally been "hooked" ever since!!

I really would appreciate some honest and creative feedback. The marketing seems to be the same everywhere I go...what else we can do to shake it up.

Let your thoughts and opinions be heard to shape the idea we all love!

THANK YOU.....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!

Katherine
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #783
teachallday
Mouseketeer

Do they have a location at DisneyLand?

WDW 1975
WDW 1982 (Camp Grounds)
WDL 2006
WDW 2009 (Contemporary)
teachallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:47 AM   #784
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie VanMeter View Post
Do you by any chance have the site? I found a site with some white gold plated for about 3.50 but there were no chains. I think they were from Washington state. They looked cute but would like to get chains.
I got one from that seller...it does come with a chain, but it's only about 16 inches long (ok for a younger girl...) I like a different style chain anyway and changed it to one I already had...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #785
findrskeeprs
Running with the big Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Cant answer all your questions. I am planning to pick a pearl in August at Epcot. But, you did mention parties at home and I had a thought. If you had some reasonable childrens selections this would be a great Birthday party. I would offer Birthday parties. Many parents (like myself) will go to any length to make their childs Birthday special. With all the Build a Bear, Princess parties, ect... I think a pick a pearl party would be a hit. Good luck with your business.
Thank you so much for the idea of childrens parites. I had not thought of that! If you or anyone think of ideas please let me know.

Best Regards,
Katherine
findrskeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #786
brock20l
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
we just got back and did the pick a pear in Japan. it was fantastic. the women was wonderful and did a great little opening show. Cassandra picked 2 shells and it began.

when it was over we had 1 pinky cream 7.5mm and 1 silver blue 7.75 pearl. the lady said that only 5% are silver so my lovely daughter picked a great one for me.

we put both of them in the cinderella carriage cage and wore them the rest of our trip.

Kurby: at which Pick-a-Pearl location did you find the Cinderella carriage? -- I'm going in December, and I'm such a girly-girl that it sounds like the perfect setting for me!!

and DBF do Disney!!

2011 Eastern Caribbean aboard the Magic
2009/2010 WDW New Years @ POP

brock20l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #787
belle&sebastiansmom
DIS Veteran

A Cinderella carriage would be beautiful. I was all set about doing the pearl last September, but nothing spoke to me. Hopefully there will be more options and something I like when we go back this year.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #788
Tinkerbell58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock20l View Post
Kurby: at which Pick-a-Pearl location did you find the Cinderella carriage? -- I'm going in December, and I'm such a girly-girl that it sounds like the perfect setting for me!!
I saw the Cinderella carriage on Ebay. I'm thinking about ordering one for myself.
Tinkerbell58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #789
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I ordered 2 off of ebay... for about $3.50 each... nice - came with a short chain...

You can't get the carriage at the parks.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #790
brock20l
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I ordered 2 off of ebay... for about $3.50 each... nice - came with a short chain...

You can't get the carriage at the parks.
Thanks for the tip -- I'll have to make sure to do that before I go. Any suggestions for a seller on there? -- I had a quick peek and didn't notice any carriage pendants that were actually settings as well....

and DBF do Disney!!

Old 05-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #791
brock20l
Earning My Ears

oooh I found one! -- just took a little more hunting! Thanks for all the info though!

Now, they won't have any problem with me bringing my own setting and chain, but just picking the pearl and having it set there?? Besides the fact that I'd really like the carriage setting, it will actually make it cheaper too...not that I am really concerned about it getting too expensive otherwise, but if I can save a couple dollars to buy a few additional souvenirs, that would be super!

and DBF do Disney!!

Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #792
ms*mountaineer
DIS Veteran

I just received my carriage setting in the mail today! It's lovely! I also ordered the crown setting - I like the carriage one better.
ms*mountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #793
CheriVall
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms*mountaineer View Post
I just received my carriage setting in the mail today! It's lovely! I also ordered the crown setting - I like the carriage one better.
Can someone tell me what they searched for on ebay ... I have tried "pick a pearl", cinderalla carriage and nothing ... i am feeling kinda ebay ignorant

Thanks so much,
CheriVall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #794
Tink rules

Just search pearl cage carriage and it will show no listings, but on the bottom there is a buy it now and that is it...

Old 05-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #795
Bambi5826
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy says "HI"! :o)

So what does it cost to pick a pearl? I can't wait to do this when i go in Sept!

Bambi5826 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: