Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #766
ariel53098
Mouseketeer

How small do the ring run? I wear a 3.5 on my ring finger and averag sized rings (ie. size 7) can't always be sized down because it can alter the setting, etc.
I'd love a ring but I would like it to fit!
Rachel
WDW Magic Kingdom Fall 1980, WDW Epcot Fall 1986, WDW Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Spring 1991,WDW All 4 parks Dixie Landings February 2000, Tokyo Disneyland about 10 times from April 2003 to March 2006, DLR, Disneyland Hotel, September 2007,Disney Cruise Line, Wonder, December 2008, WDW All 4 parks POR, April/May 2009,October 2009 WDW-Port Orleans Riverside,May 2010 DCL, Wonder AND WDW POR,June 2011 Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Hotel
FUTURE TRIPS
February 2013 WDW Art of Animation
ariel53098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #767
SassyTink213
Mouseketeer

Wow, thanks to this thread I can't wait to do this in May! The pics and info are great! I'm so excited about doing this and wonder how I've missed this every other time I've been in Disney! I think I'll get a ring and maybe a necklace too. I've always loved pearls! I'm also thinking of maybe bringing one back for my Mother and Grandmother as gifts. I'm so excited I can't wait to pick a pearl! Thanks so much for the info it's making my wait more bearable and exciting! Gotta love the Dis!

Anyone know if they have clip-on earing settings? Or sell clip-ons? Grandma would love some.

Feb.1997-GKTW (my brother's wish)/ April 2000 ASM (w/Lake-Lehman Band)/ May 16-26, 2007 CBR grad trip/ May 2009 Pop Sibs Trip/ April 17-24 2010 AKL visit to CP DB/
June 22-29, 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas Cruise/
June 30-July 3 2010 Poly and POR split/Dec. 4-12, 2012 AOA visit to Dis Intern DB
SassyTink213 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #768
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

They need a pearl cage that looks like a Mickey head... unless there is one and I haven't seen it in this thread.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #769
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
They need a pearl cage that looks like a Mickey head... unless there is one and I haven't seen it in this thread.
I don't think there is... I did read about one on the Cruise maybe? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. They really do need to offer that- I don't think they realize how much they could make off of those!

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #770
1LuckyMom
DisneyDreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel53098 View Post
How small do the ring run? I wear a 3.5 on my ring finger and averag sized rings (ie. size 7) can't always be sized down because it can alter the setting, etc.
I'd love a ring but I would like it to fit!
Rachel
We didn't know our ring sizes when we went and they had the set of rings to check your size. I would assume that they have smaller sizes in stock but I'm not 100% sure. My youngest is 11 and she got a ring that fits her ... can't remember her exact size but her fingers are pretty small, I had her fit it to her pointer finger so she can keep wearing it as she grows.

1992-Port Orleans, 1997-All Star Sports, 1999-All Star Movies, 2003,2005,2007,2009-Contemporary, 2010 Disneyland, 2010 BLT
1LuckyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #771
findrskeeprs
Running with the big Ears

Hello Ladies!

Okay….I have read through all 52 pages of this thread and I have seen lot’s of great comments on this. I can tell that there are some real experts out there…please help me!!!
I just opened a "pick a pearl" type kiosk. I was wondering if all you could give me some needed insight on some new ways to market my product.

If you have bought why, and if not why not?

What you liked, what you disliked about the experiance, products, service?

What about the pricing....product to value?

What you would like to see product wise?

If you had a frequent punch card would that encourage you to want to come back to buy more often?

Birthday-anniversary list coupons? Mailing a postcard or email promo code?

If you could do it as a home party to earn free pearls and settings, would you?

I need new and fresh ideas on promotions and sales!

I am looking for ways to market the idea for men's products. My husband said that cufflinks are really coming back. He suggested a cage style to change the color of the pearl with the suite and shirt and tie. Would you or your husband or male associate purchase something like this?

Children’s items, what's your thoughts on that?

I need some Point of Sale products. Quick sales at the register, any ideas?

I know I am asking a lot of questions, but since most of you have an interest in the "pick a pearl" idea as have I for about 10 years. My first one I ever bought was in DTD. I've literally been "hooked" ever since!!

I really would appreciate some honest and creative feedback. The marketing seems to be the same everywhere I go...what else we can do to shake it up.

Let your thoughts and opinions be heard to shape the idea we all love!

THANK YOU.....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!

Katherine

Last edited by findrskeeprs; 05-18-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: To fix grammer
findrskeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #772
BabyPiglet
Stop Child Abuse NOW
I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my fingernails clean
See, I have goals I want

I did 'Pick A Pearl' in September of 2008. I got a beautiful ring that went really well with another ring I have. I tried to take care of it, but unfortunately a few weeks ago the pearl part of the ring fell off.

Does anyone have an idea to get it back on? My finger misses this ring!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #773
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

I had a pearl break off the setting. I brought it back to the pick a pearl and they could not do anything because the post had broken off inside the pearl. I ended up buying a cage to put it in. We are heading back to Disney later today and I want to get another ring. It will be my 50th birthday while we are down there so I would love a ring for my birthday. Unfortunately, I cannot use my birthday gift card for this.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #774
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

we just got back and did the pick a pear in Japan. it was fantastic. the women was wonderful and did a great little opening show. Cassandra picked 2 shells and it began.

when it was over we had 1 pinky cream 7.5mm and 1 silver blue 7.75 pearl. the lady said that only 5% are silver so my lovely daughter picked a great one for me.

we put both of them in the cinderella carriage cage and wore them the rest of our trip.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #775
Stephanie VanMeter
Mouseketeer

Did you take your own carriages or did they have them there? How expensive are they? My DD and I would like to do one when we are there in 3 weeks.
Stephanie VanMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #776
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

i bought 2 from ebay - they were about 10-15 each. can't remember and i brought them down.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #777
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by findrskeeprs View Post
Hello Ladies!

Okay….I have read through all 52 pages of this thread and I have seen lot’s of great comments on this. I can tell that there are some real experts out there…please help me!!!
I just opened a "pick a pear" kiosk. I was wondering if all you could give me some needed insight on some new ways to market my product.

If you have bought why, and if not why not?

What you liked, what you disliked about the experiance, products, service?

What about the pricing....product to value?

What you would like to see product wise?

If you had a frequent punch card would that encourage you to want to come back to buy more often?

Birthday-anniversary list coupons? Mailing a postcard or email promo code?

If you could do it as a home party to earn free pearls and settings, would you?

I need new and fresh ideas on promotions and sales!

I am looking for ways to market the idea for men's products. My husband said that cufflinks are really coming back. He suggested a cage style to change the color of the pearl with the suite and shirt and tie. Would you or your husband or male associate purchase something like this?

Children’s items, what's your thoughts on that?

I need some Point of Sale products. Quick sales at the register, any ideas?

I know I am asking a lot of questions, but since most of you have an interest in the "pick a pearl" idea as have I for about 10 years. My first one I ever bought was in DTD. I've literally been "hooked" ever since!!

I really would appreciate some honest and creative feedback. The marketing seems to be the same everywhere I go...what else we can do to shake it up.

Let your thoughts and opinions be heard to shape the idea we all love!

THANK YOU.....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!

Katherine
Cant answer all your questions. I am planning to pick a pearl in August at Epcot. But, you did mention parties at home and I had a thought. If you had some reasonable childrens selections this would be a great Birthday party. I would offer Birthday parties. Many parents (like myself) will go to any length to make their childs Birthday special. With all the Build a Bear, Princess parties, ect... I think a pick a pearl party would be a hit. Good luck with your business.
MinnieNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #778
Stephanie VanMeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
i bought 2 from ebay - they were about 10-15 each. can't remember and i brought them down.
Did you bring your own chain or do they have them there?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #779
Kurby

they came with a chain but i had a longer one for mine
Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #780
Stephanie VanMeter
Mouseketeer

Do you by any chance have the site? I found a site with some white gold plated for about 3.50 but there were no chains. I think they were from Washington state. They looked cute but would like to get chains.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: