Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #1951
Miksma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmonkeygirl View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions!
After looking online some more, I think I'm going to get the "Pick A Pearl Cage Carriage Silver Charm Necklace Disney Princess Cinderella" from Ebay and put clear nail polish on it. Fingers crossed that the pearl I pick will fit right in it! I would hate to have to trade mine out for a different one!
I ordered from this source and received last week. Love it! Much better in person than in the picture.
Miksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #1952
Scotico
Mouseketeer

While my wife was pregnant, we visited Epcot and decided to do the pick a pearl thing in Japan. Well we picked the nastiest, ugliest oyster in the tank which was buried under a few other oysters. Well we got twin pearls 10mm each silver in color. We had them set there in white gold. The lady joked that we were also having twins which was not funny at all (made me nervous). Well thankfully we did not have twins and we used the pearl earings for my daughters first piercing.
Scotico is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #1953
fae
Mouseketeer

At Blizzard Beach last month, I was shown a white gold and diamond pearl setting in the shape of a tiara. I've been kicking myself for not buying it since I left. Any idea if I could get one shipped from Disney or buy one somewhere else? I've been googling my heart out but I can't seem to put together the right search.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #1954
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles
Pick A Pearl is on my to-do list for my September trip! Thanks for all the suggestions about how to pick a "good" one! I've looked at the carriage cages on Ebay, but think I will also look at the settings in Epcot.
Same here!!! I've noticed them before and watched people pick their pearls at the Japanese Pavilion for a little bit last year but never did it. I think this year I may have to!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. AKL stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #1955
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by fae View Post
At Blizzard Beach last month, I was shown a white gold and diamond pearl setting in the shape of a tiara. I've been kicking myself for not buying it since I left. Any idea if I could get one shipped from Disney or buy one somewhere else? I've been googling my heart out but I can't seem to put together the right search.
That location is operated by Pearl Factory. Here is their website: http://www.pearl-factory.com/

It says that it is temporarily down for maintenance, but there is an email address on there. Maybe you can email them?

Regards
Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #1956
fae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
That location is operated by Pearl Factory. Here is their website: http://www.pearl-factory.com/

It says that it is temporarily down for maintenance, but there is an email address on there. Maybe you can email them?

Regards
Corinna
Thank you!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #1957
freebird299
Earning My Ears

Setting at home?

Love the carriage charm, but won't have time to order it and have it delivered before my trip. Can the pearls be set at home?
freebird299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #1958
DisneyNic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird299 View Post
Love the carriage charm, but won't have time to order it and have it delivered before my trip. Can the pearls be set at home?
If you are using the carriage, there is not "setting." It is just a cage that opens up and you put the pearl inside. The chain goes through a loop to hold the cage closed.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #1959
freebird299
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNic View Post
If you are using the carriage, there is not "setting." It is just a cage that opens up and you put the pearl inside. The chain goes through a loop to hold the cage closed.
Thanks. Trying to do the trip on a budget so it's good to know I can save a little by buying from home.
freebird299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #1960
kramerzoo
Mouseketeer

Everyone is talking about the Cinderella carriage...where can I find it?? At the Japan Pavilion at EPCOT?? Or do I have to get it before or after my trip??

Thanks for the help!
Jessica
kramerzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #1961
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I have heard that they now have a Sterling Silver Cinderella carriage at the Japan pavilion. I got a white gold plated Cinderella carriage from Ebay a couple of years ago.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #1962
My3Princez
DIS Veteran

My pearl is 7 1/4. Will it be too large if I order a cage made for a 6-7 mm pearl? Just wondering how close the tolerances are, since the design I really like says it is for a 6-7 pearl. Does anyone know? Thanks for any help you can provide.
My3Princez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #1963
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Princez View Post
My pearl is 7 1/4. Will it be too large if I order a cage made for a 6-7 mm pearl? Just wondering how close the tolerances are, since the design I really like says it is for a 6-7 pearl. Does anyone know? Thanks for any help you can provide.
My pearl was 6 3/4 and I bought the cinderella carriage in Japan. I feel like my pearl just fits, but I'm not sure what the recommended size is for the carriage. I don't think anything larger than a 7 would comfortably fit.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #1964
melissarose
Mouseketeer

wow. so i just spent literally ALL day looking through this thread lol i can't wait to do this in february!! i think i saw a picture on here of the cinderella carriage AT epcot. i don't want to buy one off ebay, i'd rather get one there. does anyone know if it's sterling silver?
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #1965
rdominy
Mouseketeer

@jdcthree
was the carriage you purchased in Japan sterling silver?
we went 2 years ago and i purchased a carriage off ebay...i saw on another post a picture of one in the Japan pavilion, but no one knew if it was a "good" piece of jewelry or not.
the one I got off ebay has lost all its shine and coating...it was cheap...
i'd like to replace it when we go next week if they have sterling silver
thanks
rdominy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: