Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1891
momof2inmn
Mouseketeer

Minnie Mickey pearl cages?? (see posts 856 or 900)

Does anyone know if these can still be found on a Disney cruise? We got pearls from Japan when we went in 2010 and I never got a cage for mine. I'd love to have one of the Minnie or Mickey heads when we go on our cruise this year.

Thanks!

Last edited by momof2inmn; 02-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.
momof2inmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #1892
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

I have started a Chamilia charm bracelet. Does anyone know if there is a pearl cage that would fit my bracelet?

I have a pearl ring at Japan years ago and still love it. I thought the charm idea would be a good happy birthday gift to me!
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #1893
Rhode Island Quahog
Tink, Pooh, and Stitch fan. Proud and Happy Bay Lake Tower DVC Owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDilly View Post
That's unfortunate, I was wanting to get one for my girl
I didn't mean to discourage you. My boyfriend bought mine and I still love it. I just wanted people to realize its a cage, and sort of flimsy. It doesn't look cheap and I'm sure she will love hers too. I just wanted people to realize its not inexpensive and its not necessarily the best quality.
Rhode Island Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #1894
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2inmn View Post
Does anyone know if these can still be found on a Disney cruise? We got pearls from Japan when we went in 2010 and I never got a cage for mine. I'd love to have one of the Minnie or Mickey heads when we go on our cruise this year.

Thanks!
They do have boxes with an oyster and cage at Treasure Ketch, but the cages are fairly generic (flowers, ball, etc). I have never seen a Mickey or Minnie cage on the ships. We have cruised on the Magic and the Wonder since 2008.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #1895
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

Non-jewelry?

It's my first time at Disney in August and I'm wanting to get a pearl to bring back for my mam. However I don't think she would wear it set as a piece of jewelry.

Does anyone know if they do any kind of presentation that isn't in a piece of jewelry? Perhaps a gift box or presentation box?

Thank you
newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #1896
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie View Post
It's my first time at Disney in August and I'm wanting to get a pearl to bring back for my mam. However I don't think she would wear it set as a piece of jewelry.

Does anyone know if they do any kind of presentation that isn't in a piece of jewelry? Perhaps a gift box or presentation box?

Thank you
They have simple jewelry gift boxes for (I think) $1.50
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #1897
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie View Post

Thank you
Maybe the cellphone charm would work for her. I got a gorgeous dolphin cellphone charm in 2009. I don't use it as a cellphone charm, but it is hanging from a nail in the wall.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #1898
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

I have sat by and watched the CMs in the Japan pavilion proudly display people's pears. It's about darn time I get one too, eh? I still have a pearl in a cage setting that my parents got me at Sea World San Diego from the early 80s. It's really special. I definitely will get one for my daughter when she is older.

I still don't get why Disney doesn't sell special charms etc to go with the pearls. A Mickey/Minnie cage would be awesome. Ariel with a pearl. The possibilities are endless!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #1899
Rhode Island Quahog

I agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I have sat by and watched the CMs in the Japan pavilion proudly display people's pears. It's about darn time I get one too, eh? I still have a pearl in a cage setting that my parents got me at Sea World San Diego from the early 80s. It's really special. I definitely will get one for my daughter when she is older.

I still don't get why Disney doesn't sell special charms etc to go with the pearls. A Mickey/Minnie cage would be awesome. Ariel with a pearl. The possibilities are endless!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #1900
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I totally agree! I did just buy my daughter and myself 2 Cinderella cages on ebay but I'd much rather have Mickey or Minnie cages.

Me (Melissa), 37 Mark,39 Elizabeth 3 Emily, 11 months
want2bamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #1901
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Oh I can go on....

A Spaceship Earth EPCOT cage!! A Mickey Ears hat cage! A Cindy Castle cage. Sorcerer's hat cage!

C'mon Disney!!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #1902
Rhode Island Quahog

Quote:
Oh I can go on....

A Spaceship Earth EPCOT cage!! A Mickey Ears hat cage! A Cindy Castle cage. Sorcerer's hat cage!

C'mon Disney!!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #1903
Rhiannona
Landlocked Mermaid

I may be going to epcot in a few weeks (st.patricks day weekend hopefully!)
I told my boyfriend about this idea and he seemed really supportive.
If I could (my post count isnt high enough, hehe) I would post a photo of all the pearls ive received from disney in the previous years.

I've done it at 3 places, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and at the Carribean Resort, while I believe the TL and Carribean Resort are run by a different company the same one in DTD? I've always had a positive experience at those locations.

As for the quality of the pearls, we have lost one pearl that was set in a standard ring (they had warned us that it was a large pearl that it may be dangerous to put it in that ring) So that was our mistake, I have another pearl ring thati s a larger pearl that has a more supportive setting and it has held up beautifully. Our other pearl that we got at TL was worn so much without being taken off that it began to wear the pearl down..
Rhiannona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #1904
Swmhc
DIS Veteran

Can someone that has purchased the carriage at EPCOT post a picture of it ? I have the ebay one (love the style) and I have seen the one at the Yacht Club (not my style), but would like one similar to the ebay one in sterling silver.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #1905
kristin08
Mouseketeer

FYI easywdw had a blog post recently that showed the current Pick a Pearl settings, including the Cinderella cage one.
kristin08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: