Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #1861
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailbrittny View Post
I bought my DF a elephant cage. Not that he will wear it but it was something to put his pearl in if he decides to join in it ) Ordered mine online we also got the coaches and I got a Hello Kitty cage for myself. They were super cheap I wanna say like .90

http://www.topearl.com/advanced_sear...31esjbv9k5kgt2
What shipping option did you use when you placed the order at TopPearl and how long did it take for them to arrive?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #1862
famsen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeliot View Post
Hi. Someone on this thread mentioned that they sold a Cinderella's carriage cage at the Beach Club. I don't really want to get the eBay one. Has anyone seen the carriage one in Epcot or Downtown Disney? Are there any other settings with an obvious Disney theme sold in DTD or Epcot? Also, I really want a colored pearl. I have searched the internet trying to find a way to determine the color but i havent found anything definitive. Has anybody found a way to know if a pearl is colored? What kind of oysters are they or is it a variety? Are there black lipped oysters? Thanks so much!
I was at EPCOT in Japan on September 30th and I was surprised to see the Cinderella carriage in the display case as an option for the pearls. This was the first time I saw one sold there and they said all of there silver is sterling silver. I think the price of the carriage cage was around $28 which I though was reasonable for sterling silver. It was nice but I already bought a carriage from ebay to keep my pearl in-not sterling silver but it looks good anyway.

'93:Disney Inn '94:Dixie Landings '95Wilderness Lodge '97:Contemporary '98: CBR '01:Contemporary:'06:POFQ
'07:SSR '08: May:Pop Century; AKV First Trip as DVC Members Sept:AKV
5/09:AKV Jambo & AKV Kidani 9/09:AKV Kidani 12/09:Girls Only SSR 4/10:WL(Shuttle Discovery Launch) 5/10:BWV 9/10:AKL 9/11: BWV/AKL 9/12: AKL
famsen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #1863
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by famsen View Post
I was at EPCOT in Japan on September 30th and I was surprised to see the Cinderella carriage in the display case as an option for the pearls. This was the first time I saw one sold there and they said all of there silver is sterling silver. I think the price of the carriage cage was around $28 which I though was reasonable for sterling silver. It was nice but I already bought a carriage from ebay to keep my pearl in-not sterling silver but it looks good anyway.
Thanks, good to know that the carriage is there now - was going to order one online but may wait until it gets closer to the trip and call to ask them if they still have it.

Syderella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #1864
Dawson'sMom
Mouseketeer

Going to do this on our upcoming Thanksgiving trip. i would like the simple stud ear rings. I will need to purchase two pearls, if they are not a good match can i swap one in order to get a match for the ear rings? Also how much are the gold studs? I have issues with other metals, as my ears will swell and even bleed.

Thanks!

Our Dream Came True, Year of A Million Dreams Castle Suite Winners on 11/18/2007

POP - 11/05, 9/06 - CSR - 11/07, 12/10, 11/12, -ASMo - 12/08, 11/13, - CBR - 6/10, 11/15 - POFQ - 11/11
Dawson'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #1865
martyshoney
princess in training mom

I just had to post about my experience with this! On Monday night we went to Japan but got there too late to do this and my DD was devastated. I told her not to worry that we were going to DTD Wed. before we left for home so we would do it there. B I G mistake, it just wasn't a fun experience like we saw going on in Japan. So if this is something you really want to do make sure you make time for it and don't miss out like we did.

I've been Blessed twice and gobbled!
martyshoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #1866
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyshoney View Post
I just had to post about my experience with this! On Monday night we went to Japan but got there too late to do this and my DD was devastated. I told her not to worry that we were going to DTD Wed. before we left for home so we would do it there. B I G mistake, it just wasn't a fun experience like we saw going on in Japan. So if this is something you really want to do make sure you make time for it and don't miss out like we did.
Can anyone confirm what time they end this for the day?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #1867
Ms_Butterfly
DIS Veteran

I can't confirm the time they end it for the day, but if I recall from the time my friend and I got there too late (back in '05, I believe), it was before Illuminations began. (We went back another day to do it, which worked out just fine 'cause we got awesome pearl colors - a silvery-blue for me that I still wear as a ring every day and a pink for her [pink is her favorite color].)
Ms_Butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #1868
martyshoney
princess in training mom

We got there around 8:45 and you could still pick the pearl but we would have had to go back to pick it up if we would have wanted it set but we weren't going back to Epcot and we didn't have park hoppers. The cheapest setting in DTD was a $49 silver ring that looked like it came from a gumball machine. The lady there was very pushy for us to buy it and was almost mad when we just walked away but it was soooo not worth that kind of money. She said we were wasting the pearl b/c no jeweler would set it for us. Does anyone know if this is true? I did find several really pretty cages on ebay that I will get for my DD and I! (BTW, my DD did get the silver blue pearl, the lady said it is the 2nd rarest pearl!) She didn't even measure them for us so I can't tell you how big they are. My mom picked one with us and we also got one for my sister who wasn't there and all 3 of ours appeared to be the same exact size.

I've been Blessed twice and gobbled!
martyshoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #1869
Ms_Butterfly
DIS Veteran

It is not true; you can get a local jeweler to set the pearl for you. I did it once with a pearl I'd gotten at the EPCOT Japan pavilion six or seven years prior ('89 or '90) to taking it to the jeweler. I went to a mall jeweler (not the best, but that's where we went at the time) and they showed me their catalog of necklace settings (since I wanted a necklace). I picked one nicer than anything you'd find at Disney (diamonds are a girl's best friend...). (When I did the Pick-A-Pearl at Disney, I'd wanted a ring out of it, but at that time they wouldn't do it because they said the pearl was too big for a ring. I think they've changed since then.) Oh, and it took a few weeks to get the necklace back from the jeweler.

When my friend and I were turned away from Pick-A-Pearl for getting there too late, others in front of us had done it, but they were just starting to close and so they wouldn't let us even pick a pearl. They stick to their closing time.
Ms_Butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #1870
Chrisbeary
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if they have seen the sterling silver carriage cage at Epcot lately? My daughter has the one from eBay, but I would like to replace it with the sterling silver one on our next trip. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #1871
pampam
DIS Veteran

I saw it there about 2 weeks ago, but I can't remember the price. I thought it cost about $45.00, but could be wrong.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #1872
dragonflycurls
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what size rings are offered? Can they size them there?
dragonflycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #1873
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbeary View Post
Can anyone tell me if they have seen the sterling silver carriage cage at Epcot lately? My daughter has the one from eBay, but I would like to replace it with the sterling silver one on our next trip. Thanks!
I saw them in Japan on my trip in November

2010_Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #1874
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyshoney View Post
We got there around 8:45 and you could still pick the pearl but we would have had to go back to pick it up if we would have wanted it set but we weren't going back to Epcot and we didn't have park hoppers. The cheapest setting in DTD was a $49 silver ring that looked like it came from a gumball machine. The lady there was very pushy for us to buy it and was almost mad when we just walked away but it was soooo not worth that kind of money. She said we were wasting the pearl b/c no jeweler would set it for us. Does anyone know if this is true? I did find several really pretty cages on ebay that I will get for my DD and I! (BTW, my DD did get the silver blue pearl, the lady said it is the 2nd rarest pearl!) She didn't even measure them for us so I can't tell you how big they are. My mom picked one with us and we also got one for my sister who wasn't there and all 3 of ours appeared to be the same exact size.
She absolutely lied to you and they are ridiculously pushy there. I have had a very very ugly experience with the company all the way up to the office of their President. Disney is aware of what happened but as it is not a Disney store, rather just a company leasing space from them, there is nothing they can do. They are just awful.

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #1875
YankeePrincess
I love Donald Duck

I'm excited the carriage is available in Japan now! I had the carriage for my wedding so I love all things Cindy Carriage! LOL I hope it is still there in May.

Bay Lake Tower Owners Since 2009
Waiting on the Poly DVC!
YankeePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: