Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #106
happycampers
I may look sweet and petite, but when I fire up that diesel, I'm one big, bad truckin' mama

Nice cars, B&MB. I'd never heard of a Moke before.
I'd love to have a 1940's pick up truck.
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #107
Michellepooh
DIS Veteran

I have a Ford Escape (love it!). I don't think I could drive one of those small cars. How would I cart all of my scrap stuff around?

Michellepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #108
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

STOP going on about how cheap your gas is We pay over £1 a litre - over £4 a gallon. With $2 to the £ you can see why I complain
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #109
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Hands down Mazda you win.. .There is NO way I could handle that here.. I'd be going NO where!

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #110
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
Hey! Is DH going to take my kids for a ride on the way home/thru when you go to the mini-meet in '09? I want pictures!!!
absolutely!!! We plan on having a moke by then too.

Quote:
BTW,
love the moke... I could do with that...
But having been in my mini-van... I think I would feel like my butt was scrapping acrossed the pavement!

We need to alter the moke to make it a 6 passenger, but I'm so short I can move the seats all the way up in rows 1 and 2 and make a 3rd row. Only moke SUV out there! LOL
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #111
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaUK View Post
STOP going on about how cheap your gas is We pay over £1 a litre - over £4 a gallon. With $2 to the £ you can see why I complain
but your country is tons smaller than ours and if you live near the city you at least have mass transportation. Not us! The train station is 30 minutes from my house, it takes 2 1/2 by train to New York City but also takes 2 1/2 hours by car. Now if there is a car accident or a suicide by train then hours go by before you move again.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #112
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
but your country is tons smaller than ours and if you live near the city you at least have mass transportation. Not us! The train station is 30 minutes from my house, it takes 2 1/2 by train to New York City but also takes 2 1/2 hours by car. Now if there is a car accident or a suicide by train then hours go by before you move again.
What's a train station? LOL I think we have one downtown..but around here.. you either drive or fly... I can't remember the last time I saw a passenger train around my neck of the woods!

Old 07-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #113
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
What's a train station? LOL I think we have one downtown..but around here.. you either drive or fly... I can't remember the last time I saw a passenger train around my neck of the woods!
amtrak.....not really a cool passenger train or anything. The only reason the train still stops there is because it's on the 95 corridor. The next stop is Providence.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #114
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Yep, that is the name.. I couldn't think of it.. I'll have to see if it still stops in Indy or not...

Old 07-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #115
Faerie
DIS Veteran

I went to DC on vacation a couple of years ago. I LOVED that I didn't need to rent a car. It was wonderful.

You can't survive here without a car... Then again, where I grew up didn't have decent public transportation either (SE MA - to get to the T you have to drive to Braintree, the closest station, which is 1/2 hour away. But it's the best way to get into a Sox game!)
Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #116
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaUK View Post
I know, Mazda! I was going to make that comment when I posted about our gas prices, but didn't. BUT, I drive at least 1000 miles a week just for work appointments, and then another at least 300 to 400 miles a week for other things like rehearsals! Everything is so spread out. We have commuter service all over the Chicago area, but I'm about a half hour from the closest Metra pick-up (soon to be in my area in a few years). We also have some of the worst rush hour traffic which eats gas. I still love the traveling more than anything about my job.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #117
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Yeah! YM.. your rush hour.. I'm in the floor board of the car! They scare me to death! I drove through rush hour in St. Louis when I was 20, went to pick up a friend's mom for her wedding (drove to nowhere KS and back to Indiana in 20 hours!) well, I got my first lesson in being a defensive driver and learning to cuss and drive at the same time! Got pretty good at it by the time that rush hour was over and we were thru St. Louis!

Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #118
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Quote:
Yeah! YM.. your rush hour.. I'm in the floor board of the car! They scare me to death! I drove through rush hour in St. Louis when I was 20, went to pick up a friend's mom for her wedding (drove to nowhere KS and back to Indiana in 20 hours!) well, I got my first lesson in being a defensive driver and learning to cuss and drive at the same time! Got pretty good at it by the time that rush hour was over and we were thru St. Louis!
LOL!!! That was a training session for Chicagoland....which is where I'm off to in a few minutes for a rehearsal. It's mainly starting and stopping, but once you start up, you better high-tail it at the same rate as the other traffic!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #119
bobcat
I had a horrible case two years in a row and avoid the stuff like the plague

I can't understand about the car dealers not wanting to deal with a woman. What's up with that! I think I read that almost 50% of car purchases are made by women, so why wouldn't you want to deal with them. I walked out of a few dealerships because they were condecending to me. When I actually bought I brought my dad, who used to be a car salesman back in the day, just to make sure I wasn't getting taken on anything but he basically sat back and let me do it all.

What's public transportation?! Not around here! I live in a town so small we don't have a stoplight. People joke they know when they are getting close to my area when they get stuck behind a tractor or a buggy. I love traveling places where I can use public transportation. We had so much fun riding the subway in Manhattan.

Last edited by bobcat; 07-18-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: I can't type!
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #120
KatDisney
Announcer: We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this important news bulletin .. Live from the bedroom of Katdisney ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by party of 3 View Post
good story katdisney. and YOU made the deal. love that. i think i would like that hot weather. is it true that there is no humidity?????
umm NO that is not true..lol.. right now it is monsoon season. We have had recent days where you walk out side and you need an instant shower. it's horrible this year. now during the winter time it is beautiful here.
"Love begins with a smile and grows with a kiss and ends with a teardrop! If I died today and could be reincarnated as anything tomorrow, I would come back as one of your tears. How could I want more than to be conceived in your heart, born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips."
KatDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: