Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #31
SusieStone
I am addicted to those heated seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroyer View Post
I admit it, I am a lurker on the swap boards due to the fact that I am a scaredy cat when it comes to thinking about starting to swap. I am much more chatty in the living room and on the scrapbooking board. However, this thread has brought me out of my shell.

I started DISing last year when I was planning our family trip to Disney. I started on the family boards and I got burned. I posted what I thought was an innocent question and I got blasted- reduced to tears. So I stopped DISing for awhile. I came back this past spring and found you guys! And I have to say I am so happy that I did. You are the greatest friends a girl could have! You are welcoming, thoughtful, fun, hilarious, uplifting, protective, creative, and just a huge ray of sunshine! I can't get through the day without checking in with you guys several times!

Life is a little stressful right now and I am so glad that I have friends that I can rely on. So thank you DIS family for making my day! Love ya'll!! (Yes, I am from Texas! )
Sorry about your bad experience but glad you gave it another try.

Please come join us on the swap board. Everyone is soencouraging and supportive.
SusieStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #32
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Quote:
I posted what I thought was an innocent question and I got blasted
Did you DARE to ask about what to do when a kid turns 9 during a vacation, or venture a question about strollers for over 8's? Some people get WAAAAAAY heated about things which, if you're new to Disney, seem sensible queries. Hey, we're not born knowing how Disney works, and if like me you only make rare visits how are you supposed to keep up with the latest etiquette if you're not psychic?

Stick with something safe like swapping and remember for some poeple there is NO non-Disney life

We have our share of weirdos I'm sure but we don't let it get in the way of scrapping
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #33
aroyer
I am shy, but once you get know me there is no shutting me up!

Thanks for the support and encouragement! My DH was study and taking the bar exam last summer. We were leaving for Disney on my 30th birthday which was one week after he took the exam. HE asked me to go to the experts on the DIS boards to get ideas for how he could make my day special since he was studying. I laid out the scenario as I just did and people blasted me for being selfish, told me to let it go, pretty much chastised me for even thinking that he should plan anything! Never mind he asked me to do it. It doesn't sound so horrible to me now, but when it happened I was crushed. Ah well, doesn't matter because I have you guys now!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #34
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Ok girls.. I came home to this and wanted to chat..but DH was trying to get kids to bed.. which insued the fight that of course only a mommy can take care of by getting on all kids and DH!

If it weren't for you gals over the last year I don't know how I would have managed.. Most of you didn't know me really well...when I came here and told you about DH being in the hospital...and you all were there for me.. phone calls, cards, PM's, emails... My DH was so greatful to know that you all were keeping my spirits up and my sanity going! Which btw, another clean bill of health at the last checkup!! Woo hoo!!!

You all have made me laugh when my DD was pulling at my last nerve.. And BAMB is always the first one there with the "stomp,stomp, slam line" that gets my laughing and what had irritate me hadn't been really as bad as it seemed!

When my true blonde moments came out.. YOU all just laughed w/ me I hope.. or were you laughing @ me and being nice about it? :lol:

And of course to my CJ friends who if it wasn't for you sharing your stories about how the "outlaws" in the family work.. I wouldn't have been able to survive the bridal shower from He**! Yes, same stuff.. different day... I must really love my DH to endure that crap all the time... Only the wedding left... and than I'm calling it quits w/ the visits...

To each of you.. I thank you for always being there for me... because if it weren't for you all... I'd go nuts.. The drama around here(hometown)... seems like we are still in HS..so it's a good thing being a SAHM I can talk to you all and you all can relate..even if you are a SAHM or a Working mom...and I'm not judged... there is enough petty stuff that I see in the community that I'm glad I have you girls to talk to... too many run-a-muck gossipers in this town! And the worst part they get the darn story wrong!

and Susie.. I'm only an email or PM away.. I've been in your shoes... :hugs:

Last edited by PrincessNancy96; 07-15-2007 at 04:16 PM.
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #35
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroyer View Post
Thanks for the support and encouragement! My DH was study and taking the bar exam last summer. We were leaving for Disney on my 30th birthday which was one week after he took the exam. HE asked me to go to the experts on the DIS boards to get ideas for how he could make my day special since he was studying. I laid out the scenario as I just did and people blasted me for being selfish, told me to let it go, pretty much chastised me for even thinking that he should plan anything! Never mind he asked me to do it. It doesn't sound so horrible to me now, but when it happened I was crushed. Ah well, doesn't matter because I have you guys now!
See, that is why I stay down in my happy little work down on Creative Community... we don't do that stuff here... Next time you want to know how to celebrate or something to do.. come to us.. We have some great suggestions...

Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #36
patchchild
Mouseketeer
Shorties of the world, unite!
the Tag Fairy aimed a bit lower this time! ;-)
Ok, I admit it. I'm a bibliophile

This does seem to be the friendliest, closest-knit group on Dis. No bashing and shouting here. Just fun. Exactly what I need.

For example, the amazing baby book that ladies here put together for me. My Dh's first response was WOW!! followed by being so impressed at what great friends I have "for people I've never met." Yup, great friends.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #37
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchchild View Post
This does seem to be the friendliest, closest-knit group on Dis. No bashing and shouting here. Just fun. Exactly what I need.

For example, the amazing baby book that ladies here put together for me. My Dh's first response was WOW!! followed by being so impressed at what great friends I have "for people I've never met." Yup, great friends.
and how is our precious little nephew doing???
Old 07-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #38
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Yes, I'd like to know how our little nephew is doing!!!

Old 07-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #39
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Yes, we need updates on our nephew.

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
AlexWyattMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #40
Mickeyteacher
Mother, Wife, Daughter, Friend, Teacher
Blonde Moment!

I would like to know how he is doing also. I think of you often, as I have been down your road with my DD. She was not able to hear as a baby, therefore did not talk. Everyone in the family learned sign language, it was a challenge to everyone except her.

Keep your head up,
Shawna
Old 07-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #41
knovak
DIS Veteran

I sure needed this thread! Thanks for posting!

It's been almost 2 years since my DH took a job in Ohio. Our house still hasn't sold which seems now to be a blessing as he really dislikes the job now. It's not at all what he signed on for and they have yet to make any attempt to help us out any futher with relocating. We're hoping he finds work here and are taking the house off the market for now. We can't move the family, take a huge loss on our house when he doesn't like his job. It's been hard with 2 DD's 5 & 7, but we've adjusted. We just need some our lives to get back to "normal" whatever that is. As it was said - I "BELIEVE" that good things are coming our way. It goes back to "Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust." Our plans aren't always God's plans so I just keep plugging along, knowing everything will work out for the best. It's helped to have my DIS friends to keep my busy swapping and chatting!
90 - Carribbean Beach w/ friends, 94 - POFQ Honeymoon, 99 - WL with DH, Brothers & SNL, 05 - POFQ - 1st trip with DD's, 06 - PORiverside - 2nd Trip with DD's ,07 - POFQ 3rd trip with DD's 08 - POFQ Extended Family Trip 10 - POFQ Extended Family Trip 11 -POFQ Family Trip POFQ 12 Family Trip 13 Caribbean Beach Disney Presiden'ts Day Soccer Tournament 14 - POFQ- Family Trip
knovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #42
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knovak View Post
I sure needed this thread! Thanks for posting!

It's been almost 2 years since my DH took a job in Ohio. Our house still hasn't sold which seems now to be a blessing as he really dislikes the job now. It's not at all what he signed on for and they have yet to make any attempt to help us out any futher with relocating. We're hoping he finds work here and are taking the house off the market for now. We can't move the family, take a huge loss on our house when he doesn't like his job. It's been hard with 2 DD's 5 & 7, but we've adjusted. We just need some our lives to get back to "normal" whatever that is. As it was said - I "BELIEVE" that good things are coming our way. It goes back to "Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust." Our plans aren't always God's plans so I just keep plugging along, knowing everything will work out for the best. It's helped to have my DIS friends to keep my busy swapping and chatting!
K~
I was just thinking about you today!!! I was going to PM you to find out the status on the sale..since I hadn't seen you around lately!!!
I hope DH finds something back at home (or close by) and you all can be a family under 1 roof again soon!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #43
maria34a
DIS Veteran

Geez, I spend 2 days at the beach, and everyone gets all gushy on me!!!! What happened this weekend? Well seriously, this thread has been a joy to read, such wonderful thoughts, heartbreaking stories, I don't know where to begin!!!

I just love you all!!!!

Visits to the World:
1976 to WDW for the Bicentenial Celebration
1984 to Disneyland Anaheim, CA Spring Break!
1997 to WDW with my Hubby for a 3 week Magical vacation!!!
2005 to WDW Just me to be a kid again!
maria34a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #44
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Hey Maria, I think BAMB is loading up her mini-van with all the east coast girls and as she heads west & continues to pick those up on the way to meet me for the Wedding from He**.. wanna come? It's gonna be a really classy one (please note excessive sarcasam)!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #45
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

I've got some chavtastic wedding photos someone sent me - if you want a laugh pm me your e-mail as I think they would crash the boards
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: