Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Questions about WDW Event Swap

What will be included in the WDW event swap? I think the I remember reading about it including parties (MVMCP, MNSSHP, P&P) but how about the other things that go on during that time?

Reason I'm asking is I was thinking that a Disney World Holidays swap might be cool since there is so much going on around Christmastime, but wasn't sure if most of this was already covered.

Thanks!

Maria
Old 07-13-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

I am planning to cover MVMCP and MNSSHP with separate groups for their parades, Candlelight Processional, and the P&P Party for sure. I had also thought about doing a group for the resorts @ Christmas and/or park decorations at Christmas.

What else did you have in mind?
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
I am planning to cover MVMCP and MNSSHP with separate groups for their parades, Candlelight Processional, and the P&P Party for sure. I had also thought about doing a group for the resorts @ Christmas and/or park decorations at Christmas.

What else did you have in mind?
That was pretty much exactly what I had in mind! Can't wait for this one - we are going late Nov/early Dec this year for just this.

Ooh - I just remembered Osbourne spectacle of lights...

There is also epoct's holidays around the world but I really haven't participated much in that.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

I took a few pics of the Osborne Lights but I don't know if there would be a need for a whole group. What does everyone think about this?

I actually think that I am going to do a general Holiday parade group to catch the Jingle Jungle Parade, Jolly Holly-day Parade, the Very Merry Christmas Parade AND the Halloween parade.

Then, if there is enough demand, we can do separate groups for the two big event parades or just have one or two people in each group do parade elements.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
I took a few pics of the Osborne Lights but I don't know if there would be a need for a whole group. What does everyone think about this?

I actually think that I am going to do a general Holiday parade group to catch the Jingle Jungle Parade, Jolly Holly-day Parade, the Very Merry Christmas Parade AND the Halloween parade.

Then, if there is enough demand, we can do separate groups for the two big event parades or just have one or two people in each group do parade elements.

The general holiday parade group sounds great!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
tiggermei
DIS Veteran

Just a question -- know this is a WDW swap. Could we have one DL group to cover their lovely holiday activities? Off the top of my head, I can name six for Christmas -- IASW holiday, Nightmare b/4 Christmas at Haunted Mansion (for Christmas and Halloween, actually), the Christmas parade, the Christmas fireworks, Santa's roundup, and the snow (could be with the fireworks). I'm not sure on their Halloween -- never been in October, but they are expanding it as well. I've got a TON of the DLR Christmas stuff (including Sleeping Beauty's castle all decorated for Christmas), and I need to know if we'll add DLR to this swap before I start working on my pages (I'll wait if we do). Thanks.
tiggermei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
123SA
He stood on the arm of the sofa and peed

I am interested in both WDW Chrsitmas and Halloween. Sign-ups are while I am away though and I won't have computer access.
123SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #8
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggermei View Post
Just a question -- know this is a WDW swap. Could we have one DL group to cover their lovely holiday activities? Off the top of my head, I can name six for Christmas -- IASW holiday, Nightmare b/4 Christmas at Haunted Mansion (for Christmas and Halloween, actually), the Christmas parade, the Christmas fireworks, Santa's roundup, and the snow (could be with the fireworks). I'm not sure on their Halloween -- never been in October, but they are expanding it as well. I've got a TON of the DLR Christmas stuff (including Sleeping Beauty's castle all decorated for Christmas), and I need to know if we'll add DLR to this swap before I start working on my pages (I'll wait if we do). Thanks.
Since I'm a West Coaster and going to DL in December, I will need all of the DL holiday stuff this year. They have just announced that they will be doing the October celebration this year. It is called Halloweentime and DH and I were there last year for the first one. I also have tons of pics from the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. I'll definitely add this group. Good idea!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #9
NemoMom07
Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!

Location: North Carolina. But my heart and soul are in Tennessee

I would like to join this swap

I am rather new member, but I have been reading post for months. I have been waiting for a swap like this to join. I would love to be a part of it. I am planning on going to the Mnsshp.
NemoMom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #10
fAnnF
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to this, I went to P&P Party in March, going to 1 MNSSHP, and 2 MVMCP.

~Ann
1991-Offsite, 1995-Ft. Wilderness, 1998-Offsite, 6/2001-offsite, 12/2001-Grosvenor, 12/2002-Offsite, 06/2003-Offsite, 12/2005-ASMu, 8/2006-Pop, 9/2006 ASSp, 12/2006 ASMo, 1/2007 Pop, 3/07-Offsite, 06/07 ASSp, 8/07 BWV *upcoming 9/07 Pop, 11/07 BWV, :Pop 12/07 (saving $30 on public code, and we're AP holders)*
no NYE at Disney for me this year
fAnnF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: