Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
arbitrage
Earning My Ears

If You are flying back from the med on Iberia READ THIS!!

Just got back from the 6/27 cruise and had an absolutely incredible time on the ship. Unfortunately the horrendous trip back right now is overshadowing the great times we had. If you have the early flights make sure you get in the right check in lines as disney does not tell you this. i believe that US flights start at window 34? but make sure you look at the monitors over the windows for united states flights. We got to the airport on time and about 20 of our families on the bus all got in the wrong lines leading to a really bad day. we still don't have 4 of our bags. also call iberia and check on seats. apparently disney made some changes to reservations that voided previous seat assignments. the 4 of us had different rows on the flight back and were nowhere near each other.

Last edited by arbitrage; 07-09-2007 at 11:39 AM.
arbitrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 AM   #2
shortkathleen
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up. We are on the 7-18 cruise and are flying over on Delta but for some reason we are booked on Iberia on the way home while the rest of our party got ressies on delta. I probably will not book travel through disney again. We called Iberia and they won't give us seats yet. When do you suggest doing that?
shortkathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
arbitrage
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortkathleen View Post
Thanks for the heads up. We are on the 7-18 cruise and are flying over on Delta but for some reason we are booked on Iberia on the way home while the rest of our party got ressies on delta. I probably will not book travel through disney again. We called Iberia and they won't give us seats yet. When do you suggest doing that?

call now... make sure you have your confirmation number as they are very unhelpful in looking up your reservation
arbitrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
jokicha
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with Iberia. I guess we were fortunate. We booked directly with Iberia out of Miami-Madrid-Barcelona and had no problems. Since there were 7 of us, we were told that we wouldn't have all the seats together. On the way there, we were seated in 4 different areas. On the way back, only 2. We were given a reservation number and with that we were able to check on our reservation online. I was also able to order kids meals for my children. The kids meals came out first and by the time our food came out the kids were done...which I was glad.

We got to the airport at least 2 1/2- 3 hours ahead. With seven people, it took a while for the check in, then the baggage security, then the security point for travelers. We had plenty of time so that eliminated the stress. We had a lay over of about 3 hours in Madrid and at first, I was upset thinking that I was wasting time. However, it was a long walk from one gate to the next AND we had to go thru immigration. The lines were horrendous! I was so glad that we had the extra time.

On the way back, the only problem we had was that there was a storm in Miami and we were taken to Orlando to get fuel and wait out the storm. It added about an extra 1 1/2 hour to our trip but no fault of Iberia.

I do have to say, that it was hard flying over Orlando - where I can almost see my house --- and still be far from home.

So my point is, if you are able, give yourself a lot of extra time and check to see if you can confirm your reservation online.

Good Luck!
jokicha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: