Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #1006
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtree View Post
wont the camera only bracket jpeg's? I never shoot jpeg or use Scene or auto modes. I have to check it out on my camera tonight
You know I don't really recall if I had to switch to JPEG when I shot in bracket under drive mode. I want to say I didnt have to but I could be wrong. Come to think of it when I went to edit all of them im pretty sure they were RAW in the folder, I didn't have any JPEGs in that folder to start with or I would have noticed. 9 out of 10 times im shooting in manual and always RAW. I do know if you shoot with the DRO and auto HDR modes you have to put it on JPEG. This is with my A55 so not sure if what you have would be different

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #1007
Hockeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS3 View Post
Mike is talking about exposure bracketing not in camera HDR. In camera HDR will only use Jpegs. If your bracketing exposures, you can shoot in RAW.
You got it buddy

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #1008
Hockeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
That's a bummer. I hope you can catch them another time and they come back next year.
I wasnt too bummed about not being able to see the full show since I have seen them a few times in the past. I was more bummed that I wasnt able to get any decent pictures and it was so gray and blah out lol.

In the past each year they would switch between the Blue Angles and Thunderbirds. Theres a new guy running the show now so hopefully he does the same since its nice to see them alternate.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #1009
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

You know, I have to say that the EVF has me spoiled when it comes to shooting in manual. What you see is pretty much what you get. When I shot With my D5100, it was easier to shoot in AP or SP. it would take longer to pay attention to the scene and read the meter at the bottom. I never would have thought I'd actually like the EVF but now I love it. With the Nex 7, I use the LCD just as much as the EVF.

Mike, yesterday evening I went out and took 30 photos of my backyard swing set. I was playing around with the Brenizer method. I put the camera to 12mp Jpeg and could fly through snapping pictures. The buffer never slowed down. So no, the Nex 7 doesnt buffer RAW files as fast as my D5100 did.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #1010
Hockeyman

Quote:
You know, I have to say that the EVF has me spoiled when it comes to shooting in manual. What you see is pretty much what you get. When I shot With my D5100, it was easier to shoot in AP or SP. it would take longer to pay attention to the scene and read the meter at the bottom. I never would have thought I'd actually like the EVF but now I love it. With the Nex 7, I use the LCD just as much as the EVF.

Mike, yesterday evening I went out and took 30 photos of my backyard swing set. I was playing around with the Brenizer method. I put the camera to 12mp Jpeg and could fly through snapping pictures. The buffer never slowed down. So no, the Nex 7 doesnt buffer RAW files as fast as my D5100 did.
Its an OLED right? Ive heard it was pretty impressive but haven't seen it in person yet. I use the LCD more than anything on mine unless its really super bright out.

Is it a huge noticeable difference in buffer time between the NEX7 and D5100? Also I read a little bit about shooting the Brenizer method and it said there really isnt much need to shoot RAW since you combine so many photos to make the one and they will have so much detail in them regardless, also Jpeg wont bog down or crash your computer while trying to process as much as processing RAW would

Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #1011
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Anyone tried the Eye-Fi Pro X2 Class 6 8GB Memory Card? It will automatically upload all your pics when you come in range of a Wi-Fi to a place you designate. As a result, your memory card is constantly emptied for you so you don't have to worry about running out of space. I got one for my upcoming trip and tried it last night. I set up an account at Flickr just for the uploads and tried it at the house where I have Wi-Fi. I took the picture and had my laptop open to the Flickr account and it took all of about 10 seconds to complete the upload. Now I have it set to upload when the memory card reached 50% full. There are multiple settings to suit your needs. The list of compatible cameras is pretty extensive. I'm going to try it next week when we visit SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Universal and Kennedy Space Center. If anyone has tried it and has suggestions, please let me know. I got mine for $79.18 with free shipping at Amazon.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman View Post
That is pretty cool. Does it have to be used with a Wifi enabled camera though? Finding WiFi at the parks may be hard but back at the hotel if would work as long as they had it available.
Here is a link to a list of supported cameras. It is quite extensive...
http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/camer...ity?postTabs=1

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #1012
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

I had a lot of fun with this $30 lens this past trip.

Ornament Decorator by Harry Shields, on Flickr
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #1013
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Nex7 / LA-EA2 / Sigma 17-50 f2.8 OS. This is an awesome NEX combo.

Flower Fountain by Harry Shields, on Flickr
Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #1014
Hockeyman

Quote:
I had a lot of fun with this $30 lens this past trip.

Ornament Decorator by Harry Shields, on Flickr

Which lens was this that you used? Think my next lens is going to be a 75-300mm Tamron maybe. Have an old Sigma that was a hand me down from my mom but its not that great.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #1015
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Mike, this is a 35mm f1.7 CCTV lens. It's a tiny little lens thats really used for video. You can adjust the aperture but there are no stop clicks. My brand is the Fujian 35 but you can also get a SLR magic one. I'll take pics tonight and show you the size compared to my other lenses.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #1016
Hockeyman

Quote:
Mike, this is a 35mm f1.7 CCTV lens. It's a tiny little lens thats really used for video. You can adjust the aperture but there are no stop clicks. My brand is the Fujian 35 but you can also get a SLR magic one. I'll take pics tonight and show you the size compared to my other lenses.
Sounds good!

So looks like although not too many E-Mount specific lenses are out yet, there still are many different lenses out there that are adaptable?

Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #1017
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Almost every lens in history is adaptable with the NEX. Autofocus is still great to have, but with focus peaking/focus assist zooming the manual lenses are a blast. I also find the older lenses to have their own characteristics. I don't always need the sharpest most contrasty lens out there.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #1018
Hockeyman

This photo I shot while waiting for my wife to purchase a balloon for our little ones back on our trip in early March

UP Castle style by MIke Sperduto (Sperduto Photos), on Flickr

Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #1019
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Hey Mike, I like the balloon shot. I took one myself but the background was part Castle, part construction wall(main street bakery).
Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #1020
Hockeyman

Quote:
Hey Mike, I like the balloon shot. I took one myself but the background was part Castle, part construction wall(main street bakery).
Have you put it up on Flickr? Id like to see it. There are some many little things to shoot at Disney and I always see awesome shots from others and want to try my take on it but never can remember all that I wanted to get. I need to start writing a list and keeping track of all i want to capture

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: