Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #1531
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Thanks Harry. I had about 4 hours last night to wander the Magic Kingdom and do nothing but snap pictures do I got a bunch of great shots : )

I did have to take this one shot about 4 times because every time a group would walk by the boardwalk would vibrate and blur the shot

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #1532
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman View Post
I did have to take this one shot about 4 times because every time a group would walk by the boardwalk would vibrate and blur the shot
I had the same problem when I shot the Liberty.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #1533
Hockeyman

Heres a shot similar to your shot Harry

Hyperspeed Dumbo by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #1534
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Awesome Mike^^^^^^ I love the colors in yours You're making me jealous with these new shots.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #1535
Hockeyman

You will be here before you know it

Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #1536
Hockeyman

Tiki Gods by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #1537
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Alpha

I am leaning towards getting Lightroom 4 for processing. My 1st one that I will be buying. I have read a couple of comments that Sony's raw format (ARW) doesn't work with Lightroom 4. As a few other on hear, I am currently using A55 and am looking to upgrade to A77 or A99. Hopefully the A99.

Anyway, is that comment true or is it just people that don't know what they are talking about?
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #1538
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
I am leaning towards getting Lightroom 4 for processing. My 1st one that I will be buying. I have read a couple of comments that Sony's raw format (ARW) doesn't work with Lightroom 4. As a few other on hear, I am currently using A55 and am looking to upgrade to A77 or A99. Hopefully the A99.

Anyway, is that comment true or is it just people that don't know what they are talking about?
Lightroom works just fine with Sony cameras. Just with newer cameras, you sometimes need to wait for a software update. For example, the Sony Rx100 had to wait a couple months for Lightroom 4.2, which now works like a charm. I know it supports the A55. As the A99 is brand new, it may not have support yet.
I suggest starting with the 30 day free trial.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #1539
Hockeyman

I also use Lightroom and love it. Its great for organization also.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #1540
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman View Post
Tiki Gods by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr
Mike, this is one of my favorite shots. I REALLY need one of these shots. Where is everybody?

I also vote for LR4. It will work for the A99 once they update it. Its like that with all new cameras even the new D600 I think.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #1541
Hockeyman

Thanks Harry.The park was very quiet Tuesday morning while I was there for a few hours so crowds were pretty much no issue then. There were a few people behind me that took a group pic once I was done. I was going for a creepy dark foggy vibe with the shadows and the mist, I pulled it off a little but not as much as I would have liked. Still a great shot though

Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #1542
Hockeyman

Celebrate the Magic by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #1543
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315 View Post
Speaking of good bokeh... Wondering if anyone here has experience with the Minolta Maxxum beercan, 70-210 f4 lens. Right now, I use a very old and low quality Maxxum zoom lens, 4.5-5.6. Wondering whether the beercan would be a nice and cheap step up, whether I should just stick where I am, or wait till I'm ready to spend more, and possibly get something like the Tamron 70-300/4.5-5.6 for a bit more money.
I have the 70-210 beercan although I never used it a lot since DH thought I needed the 70-200 f/2.8 for my BD shortly after I got the beercan. I wasn't exactly going to say no! I do have and use a few of the Maxxum lenses and my one comment would be on the CA that is more likely to occur (and which I haven't gotten good at removing in post processing). My understanding is the coating on the lenses were of course not done for digital so you can get that effect - but it's not always prominent and depends on what you are shooting. I really ought to try the beercan on the A77 and see what I get. I do use the Maxxum lenses on the NEX a fair amount because of their more compact design compared to new lenses. I really liked the 100-200mm f/4-4.5 and used it quite a bit but mine was smacked around when DH was gathering stuff in case we needed to evacuate from an oncoming wildfire last winter. I haven't test yet to see if the hole at the side of the lens is going to affect the picture or not. I saw a comment to you about resolving power but IMO there are many of the Maxxum lenses that easily hold up in that regard and would expect the beercan to be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post

They don't know what their talking about.

As was mentioned when new cameras are released it sometimes takes Adobe a little while to update for them but all the current Sony cameras including at A77 and A99 are currently supported.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #1544
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I have the 70-210 beercan although I never used it a lot since DH thought I needed the 70-200 f/2.8 for my BD shortly after I got the beercan. I wasn't exactly going to say no! I do have and use a few of the Maxxum lenses and my one comment would be on the CA that is more likely to occur (and which I haven't gotten good at removing in post processing). My understanding is the coating on the lenses were of course not done for digital so you can get that effect - but it's not always prominent and depends on what you are shooting. I really ought to try the beercan on the A77 and see what I get. I do use the Maxxum lenses on the NEX a fair amount because of their more compact design compared to new lenses. I really liked the 100-200mm f/4-4.5 and used it quite a bit but mine was smacked around when DH was gathering stuff in case we needed to evacuate from an oncoming wildfire last winter. I haven't test yet to see if the hole at the side of the lens is going to affect the picture or not. I saw a comment to you about resolving power but IMO there are many of the Maxxum lenses that easily hold up in that regard and would expect the beercan to be one of them.
Thanks for the feedback. As I can get a beercan for under $200.. or even $100... it's not exactly high risk.
Its 1 of the things I like about the Sony mount --- especially with its in-camera stabilization, the ability to use the really old fairly cheap lenses!

Truthfully, between the Minolta 50mm 1.7, and the beercan..... I may be able to cover most of my focal range, at very high quality ---- With 2 lenses that cost less than $300 combined on the used market.

But of lenses I'm considering upgrading to --
The Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 -- As eventually I'm going to want 300mm of reach. As my kids get older and play more sports, and also if I take an Alaska cruise next year, and want more reach for wildlife.
And contemplating the Tamron 17-50/f2.8 -- just as an overall kit upgrade.

But then considering just using my Sony kit lens for wide angle, the 50mm/1.7 for a mid range prime, and the beercan..... and really covering my focal length on a day to day basis, without spending much money at all. Then maybe renting a really good zoom for the Alaska cruise.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #1545
Hockeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315 View Post

But of lenses I'm considering upgrading to --
The Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 -- As eventually I'm going to want 300mm of reach. As my kids get older and play more sports, and also if I take an Alaska cruise next year, and want more reach for wildlife.
And contemplating the Tamron 17-50/f2.8 -- just as an overall kit upgrade.
I shot all of these with my Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD I love this lens and go back and forth between that and my fishey as my favorite go to lens. If your looking to pick up an upgrade over the kits lens the Tamron gets my vote

Celebrate the Magic by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Toy Soldier by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Harper's Mill by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: