Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
wifey
DIS Veteran

Talking Wifey's Gang Trip Report Updated post 71(we're in a Parade)

Hello everyone we are back and we had a brilliant time
DH has been organising the photos and I've been catching up with a bit of essential ironing etc. so where to start mmm.. let's see.

Wed 20th June
We travelled down on the train to Manchester Airport and spent a noisy (thanks neighbours ) night in our hotel room at Bewleys.
The room itself was well worth the money the room was very clean and all the bed linen was fresh and crisp. we hardly heard the planes with the windows shut.
There was a computer in the lobby which we used to check in online.
The restaurant was busy, we had taken snacks which we ate in the room, so we can't comment on the food there, the bathroom was easily big enough and there was hand/face wash and shampoo/shower gel in the bathroom too.
Check out was quick and the shuttle service (both ways) was excellent.

Thursday 21st June

Check-in at the Virgin desk was very easy too they had staff asking questions about what you were taking in the form of liquids and once we were cleared we were given tags for our hand luggage. Then we were allowed through and we had breakfast at the food court, the sandwiches were filling,DS managed to spill Cola all down his front From the
food court we made our way through land side and had a look in some of the shops DS bought a couple of comics to read on the plane. After that we walked throughto the gates and watched the planes landing and taking off. The security was very good although the air near the smoking area (which is in a perspex walled room) was awful. There should have been air filters there it stinks. we watched "Ladybird" land and Ds asked if that was our plane we told him we we not sure and followed it down to the gate. It turned out it was for our flight but it was 12.20pm,we were due to leave at 1.30pm. After about half an hour they finally announced that they would start boarding soon and could people with strollers please hand them in at the gate to the staff. This went on for over 20 mins very boring for everyone still sat there and eventually they ended up calling for 4 families by name to hand in their strollers. Some of them claimed not to have heard the announcements How I'm not sure even out parents could hear them when we rang to say we'd got there without any problems I guess there will always be some like this Once everyone had boarded,(oh we got the seats we picked both ways) it was raining outside,we had to wait 20 mins for a slot for take off and then we were away so we took off at 2.15pm
The flight itself was great until the selfish idiot in front of me started to prat about with his seat constantly. He refused to put the seat back into the upright position during the meal so I ended up with my meal at my chest not a single member of the cabin crew even noticed Not content with that he reclined it further, when I went to get my pen out of my bag, crushing my head in the process I yelped in pain and DH had a real go at him for being such a selfish idiot and for not considering others or at least looking first before he made his move. That gave me a nasty headache for the next couple of hours. The in-flight entertainment was goodbut trust Ds to get the control which had a stuck button .. oh well.. never mind.
Once we landed (5.15pm)it was very simple to get through OIA and we found the Customs and Immigration Staff friendly and efficient. Then on to the Virgin desk where we picked up our vouchers and directions to the transport to the hotel. Well bless me it was Disney's Magical Express waiting for us and after about 30 mins we were on our way to the hotel.The driver played Disney cartoons on the entertainment system on the bus for the kids.
We were the second family to be dropped off and it took about 10 mins for CM Jenni to check us in. Our room number was 2953 in Mighty Ducks and we asked if there were any rooms available in Dalmatians so she checked for us but they were fully booked. So off we went and found the room on the top floor looking out on the front if the building with woodland in front of us, where we heard lots of birds and crickets throughout our stay and not forgetting all of the rabbits we saw around WDW. One of the mouse keeping
staff left a mickey made of towels and face cloths on the bed and in the window they left a "birds nest" complete with birds so cute.We had a meal on the food court and got 3 of the new mugs (which we made the most of during our stay) and we relaxed for a while and sent DS to bed by 9.30pm and we turned in around an hour later.

Photo's are coming soon we promise, along with more TRs. Next up June 21st Star Wars weekend!

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan

Last edited by wifey; 07-26-2007 at 01:14 PM.
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

brilliant start great pics as well

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Thanks-can't wait to read the rest.I had never heard of virgins LADYBIRD plane.And the seating is a different colour to babarella and Jersy girl.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

welcome back
great report keep them coming
are you not jet lagged
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
PoppyAnna
Despite the end of tWW I'm still crazy about Josh Lyman

Looking forward to more!
1982 WDW off site * May 2001 WDW off site * May 2005 DLRP * May 2007 WDW off site * Oct 2007 WDW off site * May 2009 DLRP * DLRP Christmas 09 * April 2011 3 wks Emerald Island, 3nt Dream cruise & Miami Beach * November 2011 SSR & VWL
PoppyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
jtlover
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to more details.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Great start.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:45 AM   #8
CHEK
DIS Veteran

Great start , can't wait to read more

April 2003 Wyndham Orlando
May 2004 Highlands Reserve
May 2006 Westridge
May 2007 Tuscan Ridge
Feb 2009 Tuscan Ridge
April 2013 Highlands Reserve
CHEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:56 AM   #9
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

excellent, can't wait for next day!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:40 AM   #10
cornish pixie
DIS Veteran

More More I want More
Great start looking forward to the next installment
Cornish Pixie

May 2014 Disney Magic Med Cruise September 2014 WBTA cruise
July 2013 Saratoga Springs
August 2012 Miami, RPR, OKW, 5 Day Disney Dream Cruise, Miami. August 2011 Med Cruise, 3 days in Barcelona. February 2010 RCL Freedom of the Seas, Villa,4 day Disney Wonder Cruise. December 2008/January 2009 Villa, RPR. August 2007 Clearwater,RPR,Villa,POR, 3 Day Disney Wonder Cruise.May 2005 Ron Jons Cape Caribe Resort, 3 Day Disney Wonder Cruise, Villa, RPR. May 2003 Villa,RPR.
February 2002 Villa. February 1995 Quality Inn International
cornish pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:08 AM   #11
wifey
DIS Veteran

Wifey's Gang Trip Report Day 1

Hello again, just got Sunday lunch in the oven ...mm roast lamb
We are not too badly affected with jet lag this time going either way it may be because we took the Jet Ease on the way out and half way back.
We didn't get much sleep on the way home a very boring idiot would not shut up until about an hour before we landed, then he fell asleep just as the cabin lights came on and we were served breakfast, we think he had been drinking a lot of alcohol on the plane.
Anyway back to business.

Friday 22nd June MGM and a Star Wars Weekend

we were all up by 6 am and showered and eaten our breakfast bars by 7 am. then caught the bus to the park and were at the front gates before 8 am.It was an EMH morning and everyone needed to show their resort guest ID before they would let us into the park. There was also some queues for guests to join if they wanted to get autographs from the special guest stars for the Star Wars weekend. So once we got through the turnstiles we were off straight to the Speeder bike for a photo of DS. Then straight on to the Star Tours ride with no queue!! It's a family favourite and we enjoyed it, then out into the Tatooine Traders shop where DH and DS bought a few items and were quickly served by the staff. I should let you know that DH was wearing a "Happy Birthday" badge and throughout the day he kept count of how many people wished him happy birthday.
Jim Henson's Muppets in 3D was next and we were first in the queue again, no cast member at the front so we looked about and Ds found the key under the mat we only waited about 5 mins for a CM to "open up" and then went through to enjoy the show which was great all the effects were working. After a quick restroom break we walked up the street to where the Star Wars events were happening. It was heaving with people but very well organised , however it could have been much quicker for folks who wanted photos of the Star Wars characters if people only took photos and not wanted several autographs from one character at a time. We saw one family hold up a line for what seemed like 10 mins by doing this. Ds waited his turn for Darth Vader
for about half an hour that's a long time in line in the heat I think it was 32 deg C and not much shade to be had. Then we had a quick look in Jabba's Hut and then off to One Man's Dream and then off to ABC Commissary for lunch by 11 am. We walked around taking in the atmosphere and took a couple more photos of the characters as they walked by and decided to get ice cream for DS. the line for the Indiana Jones stunt show was long but we managed to get in but had to stand at the back of the theatre. It's another great show and makes us appreciate the role of the stunt men that bit more.
Next up was a new experience for us this trip we saw the Beauty and the Beast show, the warm up act before the show were so funny and down to earth it made the wait enjoyable in the heat. The show itself was very good for a condensed version of the tale and we heard some families declare it was miles better than the Broadway musical version they had seen.
By then it was getting close to dinner time so we browsed a few shops and i found a lovely Eeyore watch so I treated myself to it. The off to 50's Prime Time mmm we checked in 15 mins early as suggested and were seated just after our ADR time of 5.55pm
The place was busy the staff shouted for "the smith kids dinner's ready" etc when the seated families at the tables.
We had "Cousin Sarah" she was a hoot (she kept telling DH off for putting his elbows on the table) we made our order DH had the pot roast I had the chargrilled pork and Ds had the kids chicken strips meal. She told us "mom" would get right on it and took our drinks order. Then she noticed that DH and Erica the girl at the next table were both celebrating their birthdays. She told all the diners that the day was special as it was a double celebration and asked at what time they were born. Erica was born earlier than DH so she exclaimed they were twins and gave us cards to sign and swap and they both got a free birthday cupcake with "Mickey" sprinkles
later on. DH got told off for putting his elbows on the table again and "Sara" told him to stand against the door frame and hold a sachet of sugar there with his nose for 2 mins and asked everyone to pint at him and say "shame shame shame" to him before she would let him sit back down. All in all a fantastic atmosphere we split a dessert of "Dad's sundae" after "Sara" declared that we inhaled our dinner because the was nothing left on the plates so you can bet it was delicious.
It was about 7.45 pm when we left and slowly walked to the theatre for the Fantasmic show where you really do need to get your seat an hour before the show. There were lots of Brazilian and Mexican groups in the audience who were trying to entertain the crowd in their own way having daft dancing in the seats competitions and attempting to get everyone doing the mexican wave. DS didn't understand what was going on and said they were giving him a headache. So we explained what and why they were doing it. e wa ok after that. The show was amazing and very cleverly done we loved it Ds was so impressed that he actually bought a Fantasmic pin ! the show it was bedlam trying to get back out to the bus the exit route went a long way around the park and lots of people were in a rush and the bus was very busy, folks were standing and some were sitting on the floor of the bus in the dark. It didn't seem like a good idea to me but it's their choice, we were lucky enough to get seats and soon back at the room and had hot chocolate drinks before turning in.
Total of "Happy Birthdays" was 17 not bad the CMS were friendly for the most part. Next up Epcot.

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan

Last edited by wifey; 07-08-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #12
carolfoy
One has Ones hat and One's orf...
and she's back with a vengeance!
looks like someones reads the crap we write then!

loving the reports - Fantasmic is awesome isn't it?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #13
T16GEM
I must have a funnel cake when I'm in Florida!
Confucious say: Friends don't let friends do AOL

More more more.......pleaaaaasssssseeee
Old 07-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #14
wifey
DIS Veteran

Yes Carol I was very impressed We waited until DS was old enough to appreciate the show before we watched it so we've been waiting a while for it I liked the effects more than the one of Davy Jones in the refurbed Pirates of the Caribbean ride (sad I know) Although I still think the version of Pirates at DLRP is better. There are a few 'firsts' on this trip so keep reading our TRs

Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 07-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #15
jtlover
DIS Veteran

Hi where did you buy the jetlage tablets - did you get them at the airport?

Great report by the way

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: