Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #106
FirstMagic
Mouseketeer

Colleen - thanks for all the wonderful pictures and food reviews! I found this thread while having a "Should we keep our Mama Melrose ressie or change it?" moment, so appreciate your thoughts on the food there, I hadn't even considered the Penne and Vodka dish, but it looks better than it sounds in the menu description.

Love that Glowtini shot! That's just beautiful! Well... one of many beautiful shots, you do a great job. DH and I saw the people running in ponchos in the rain at EPCOT and said "That looks familiar!"

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews and pictures, we have some of the same restaurants booked. Glad you had a good experience at Le Cellier. Do you think eating there very early for dinner helped? Less crowded? Less weary servers?
FirstMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:01 AM   #107
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

great reviews and pictures

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 AM   #108
WETWHISTLE
Mouseketeer

Great reviews! And lovely pictures as well. We have a Canon Rebel and absolutely love it. Takes wonderful pictures. Totally worth the money IMO!

WETWHISTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #109
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushonmickey View Post
I LOVE your pictures of EPCOT in the rain. Those pictures really brought me there! It seems that when we are in WDW, we always get rain in EPCOT! Great pics and reviews!
Me too!

Great pictures!!!

I can almost feel the rain.... (We don't bother with ponchos. We just think of it as riding Kali River Rapids with no wait! )

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #110
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

This is such a wonderful review! Your pictures are awesome!

More please...

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count; WDW...2005 ASM/CSR 2007 POFQ 2009 CSR 2012 CBR 2015 Wilderness Lodge 2017 AKL
disneyquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #111
agentpleakley
That would be a misuse of galatic resources.
sometimes a fart is just a fart

AWESOME reviews.

Can't wait for more.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney
agentpleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #112
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

excellent pics!!

enjoyed reading your dining reviews so far! i got very excited when i was looking @ the le cellier pics cause we are going there for the 1st time on our next trip!! i've already decided what i want - shrimp cocktail for appy, mushroom filet, and creme brulee sampler!! Yum, yum!!! i'm looking forward to your kona' review cause we are going there too!
mousiemom

[]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
mousiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #113
50 years Too!
DIS Veteran

Colleen,

Just found your report, really enjoying it.
I agree with you about Le Cellier, Spoodles and Mama Melrose.
Enjoyed the first two, didn't think that MM was that great.
Wonderful pictures.
I'm looking forward to more.

Deb

50 years Too! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #114
mrsnj91
Mouseketeer

Hopping on
Megan (15)
Delaney (8)
Aug. 2013 Discovery Cove/Seaworld/Disney Vacation (Windsor Hills Resort)
Aug. 2010 Universal/Seaworld/Disney Vacation (Vista Cay)
Aug. 2007 Disney Vacation @ Port Orleans Riverside!
mrsnj91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #115
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

Colleen - Great pictures and review of Le Cellier. It's been years since we've eaten there and everything looked yummy (except for the mushrooms) LOL!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #116
toocooltobeMom
Mouseketeer

Subscribing too. DH was quite impressed by your pix skill, Colleen. You rock.

DH Me DS(15) SABRES FANS ARE THE GREATEST
toocooltobeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #117
ColleenS
Mouseketeer

After a morning at Islands of Adventure we headed back to The Caribbean Beach to eat at Old Port Royale, the food court there.

I quickly got my food first so that I would be able to take pictures of the food before everyone started eating.

I ordered a Turkey BLT with no tomato. I was the first to sit down and while waiting for everyone took a bite of my sandwich. I then saw that instead of regular mayo, there was RED mayo on this sandwich. It was actually more of a pink, but I knew that I didn’t like it.

Since I knew that we would have 6 CS left over at the end of the week, I tossed the sandwich and went to get a burger. I figured that would be quick. HAHAHA. I quickly explained to my family, who all had their food now and were headed to the table, the situation with my food and told them I’d be right back.

There were two people in front of me in line and two people who had already ordered waiting for their food. I ordered one cheeseburger with fries. The two people who were waiting got their orders, then the two people in front of me got their orders. I figured I was next, and you could see that they were cooking another round of burgers. Well those were cooked and handed out to other people. I told myself that maybe those people had ordered before me and had come back for their order. No problem, I’m sure I’m next. So then another batch of burgers comes up and those are all given to other people again. Now I know I’m next. I’m sure that all the other people waiting around me ordered after me. I know I’ll get mine next, but I don’t.

I look up and see those “order cards” which say what goes on each tray. We’ll I can see that of the six or so orders that are up there, none have just one single food item, like mine does. I finally say something to the woman and she blows me off saying they are cooking the burgers. I know that my order has been misplaced and try to tell her. With the next batch she gives three other orders their food and finally asks me again what I ordered and hands me a cheese burger.

I was so disappointed that it took so long. When I got back to the table my family had completely finished all their food and were mostly done with their desserts. So no photos from this meal, with the exception of Mary’s dessert.
The moral of the story? Always order the mayo on the side.

My family didn't say much about what they ate and I was to upset to ask. I believe there were chicken tenders, chicken sandwich, and a BLT all eaten. Everything was fine, typical cafeteria food.

Can't leave this post with only one photo though!
Dueling Dragons

Not my sandwich

From Suess Land
[IMG][/IMG]

I'll post Raglan Road in just a few minutes!

May 1995 1st Disney/Universal Studios Trip
May 2006 Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort -Disney/Universal Studios
. Food Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508047
April 2008 Four Points Sheraton I-Drive US/IOA trip
June 2008 Pop Century
September 2008 Disneyland Paris!
December 2008 Buena Vista Palace- Christmas/Birthday at Disney!
September 2009 Solo trip to Pop Century
July 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
2011 heading to Harry Potter
ColleenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #118
ColleenS
Mouseketeer

Raglan Road

The main reason I made reservations at Raglan Road was to hear the Irish music, which my dad especially loves. My mom doesn’t like to eat really late so even though the band wasn’t coming on until 9.

I made our reservations for 7pm. Six months before this seemed like a good idea. But as I read more and more on the DIS, I realized that these were to early. We arrived at 6:45 and we’re seated by 7.

Lynn & I split the Scallop forest. I love how it came on forks. Six scallops was a decent serving for two people. She really liked the salad that it came with.

My mom & dad split an order of calamari and Mike & Mary split an order of calamari. Everyone really enjoyed this appetizer. The fried vegetables were also very good.

I should have taken more pictures of the calamari, but I was to busy stuffing the scallops in my mouth

Entrée
Lynn- ordered...some type of sausage. I don't have it noted down and I can't tell which one it is from the avaiable online menu. I know that it was homemade and was either chicken sausage or seafood sausage. This is not a helpful review She liked it and said it was "good, what I was expecting"

Mike- It's Not Bleedin' Chowder - Mussels, prawns, scallops and fresh seafood infused with white wine and finished with cream and fresh potato. Loves most shellfish so he loved this.

My dad & Mary orderd the Serious Sirloin Steak - 10oz sirloin topped with Irish whiskey glaze, and drizzled with fresh basil oil. Served with mashed potatoes and topped with crispy fried onion strings. I tried the fired onion strings and they were delicious. Both said that they liked the steak & potatoes. Our waitress gave them a hard time about ordering steak when there were so many authentic Irish items on the list. They just laughed and ordered the steak anyway.

My mom tried to ordered the steak too, but when the waitress gave her a hard time she changed to fish & chips. I also had the fish & chips. The fish was pretty good. The batter was pretty thick and crispy. It tasted fresh and was served piping hot. The chips were mediocore. They were thick cut fries that normally I like, but these were under done so the centers were kind of hard.

Desserts
Lynn & I were both to full for dessert.
Mary ordered Dunbrody Kiss - Chef Dundon's gift to America. Chocolate, add chocolate, and then add some more. I did have a bite- it was very good! Mary liked it too.

My mom ordered Raspberry Riot - Frozen raspberries surround vanilla ice-cream on a shortcake base and coated with warm white chocolate. - She said it was great. The raspberries were very fresh and delicious.

My dad ordered Bailey's Creme Brulee Tart which he said was “fine”

Mike ordered Banoffi Beauty - Caramel base. Add banana with our special secret sauce. Top it off with fresh cream. –This was the best dessert he ate on the trip. He still talks about it today. I’m not a big fan of fruit with dessert so I can’t give another opinion, be he LOVED this. I think he would have married if it was legal

Over all we liked Raglan Road and would eat there again. But we won’t be putting it on a “must eat” list.
Service: B
Food: B
Atmosphere: B

We were done eating by 8:25. My parents decided to have a drink at the bar and listen to the band. Lynn & Mike went to the Lego store and Mary & I went to take some photos.

May 1995 1st Disney/Universal Studios Trip
May 2006 Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort -Disney/Universal Studios
. Food Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508047
April 2008 Four Points Sheraton I-Drive US/IOA trip
June 2008 Pop Century
September 2008 Disneyland Paris!
December 2008 Buena Vista Palace- Christmas/Birthday at Disney!
September 2009 Solo trip to Pop Century
July 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
2011 heading to Harry Potter
ColleenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #119
kabbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenS View Post
Amazing shot! One of these days I'm going to get a decent camera. I've been enjoying your dining reviews immensely. I'm glad Le Cellier lived up to the hype. Did your parents enjoy the band at Raglan Road?

Thanks for posting!

Read about a WDW Vet solo trip to Disneyland
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1355408
1991 Offsite 1992-1997 Lived in Tampa; Visited as a Day Visitor several times a year 2000 Offsite-Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway 2002 Offsite Jan 2004 Marriott Village (I work for Marriott) Dec 2005 All Star Vacation Home Sept 28-Oct 3, 2006 POR (First time on property!) Feb 6-10, 2007 1st time at Disneyland (Anaheim Fairfield) Sept 26-Oct 5, 2007 WL/BWV Dec 12-14, 2007 Marriott Village (free room)Dec3-10, 2008 Marriott Grande Vista May 16-21, 2009 BWV Dec 12-17, 2009 POFQ/BCV/VWLOct 20 - 24, 2010 Marriott's Sabal Palms Aug 3-8, 2011 Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott Suites
kabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #120
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Hi Colleen. I'm still enjoying your reviews and loving your photos.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: